I just cannot get into this game...

BadWolfTommie

I've started it more times than I can count. I simply can't get through it. I don't know if it's straight up boredom, lack of interest, or if it's just too complicated to wrap my mind around.

Do I have to go into it with a certain mentality? Or with a certain expectation (this game is like THIS other game which was good in this, but not this, so you need to do this)?

It's getting on my nerves. Bad. And my 11-year-old sister is awesome at it.

Sheesh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've started it more times than I can count. I simply can't get through it. I don't know if it's straight up boredom, lack of interest, or if it's just too complicated to wrap my mind around.

Do I have to go into it with a certain mentality? Or with a certain expectation (this game is like THIS other game which was good in this, but not this, so you need to do this)?

It's getting on my nerves. Bad. And my 11-year-old sister is awesome at it.

Sheesh.

I had the same problem. Bought it for what I thought would be easy achievements and struggles with it to start with and never touched it for months. I had another go and when you get used to the " flow " of the game it's really quite good. I'll never get all the time trials done though, one mistake and your screwed and I've not got the patience.

I had the same problem. Bought it for what I thought would be easy achievements and struggles with it to start with and never touched it for months. I had another go and when you get used to the " flow " of the game it's really quite good. I'll never get all the time trials done though, one mistake and your screwed and I've not got the patience.

What's the point of easy achievements?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This game requires someone to have a certain level of perfectionism. You have to get Faith to run smoothly and also be creative in finding the routes to your destination.

And I agree, you do need to be in a certain mood for the game and be willing to die, basically...a run can be like a trial and error.

I have this on PS3, tried playing it in 2009 and just couldn't get into it. Played through the first couple levels and put it away, a few months later I threw it back in and forgot how to do everything so I had to do the tutorial again, still didn't like it and put it away again. Threw it back in last night, started a new game at the beginning and for some reason now I love it. I don't know if it's because I paid attention to the tutorial more or if I'm just in the right kind of mood for it but now I think it kicks ass.

• 3 months later...

When I first played this game I thought it was okay but then I left it untouched for over a year. When I finally went back to playing it again, suddenly I found myself unable to play anything else until I'd completed the game entirely.

I'm not sure what it is but the game just seems to be one of those love/hate things.

• 1 month later...

I bought it a few months back, only started it up yesterday. I like the look of it, I did the tutorial and a couple of the campaign missions, but ALOT of the time I'm shouting at the tv saying "I don't know where to go!" and I feel like pressing the B button for directional hints is cheating... The lighting can be annoying at times too, stupid stormdrains...

I got right into this and played through a couple of time soff the bat, I think excepting that your going to fail the level or section first time out is key to sticking with it, once you perfect an area and bag that perfect run its an awesome fast paced game, having said that i haven't finished all the time trials as some are uber hard.

• 3 months later...

I was never really able to get into it. It's been on my shelf since whenever the hell I got it with less than half of it played. Then last week I decided to start it over. I just beat it and am looking forward to hitting up Hard mode. I don't know why, but I just found it line up with my stars or something.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same...

• 2 months later...

I got this game for Christmas 2008. I played the first 4 chapters within a few days of getting it, but then I just stopped playing. But about a week ago, I just felt like giving it a try (my roommate also wanted to see what it was like) and I beat the game a few days ago. I'm now working on hard mode.

• 1 month later...

I've tried the demo and like it, then I bought the game and I hated it. I think I was expecting more from it, but sadly there wasn't much more to it than the demo had to offer. Quite boring, not to mention i was horrible at it. I think people like/hate it depending on how patient they are at getting use to the game.

• 3 months later...

I can happily say I never had this issue with the game. Infact I could never get enough of it. Maybe because I actually fancied a game that wasn't cookie cutter like all these CoD games etc.

By the way, the grammar is awful on this site. It's 'you're' not 'your'. Your is possessive (your coat, your shoes, your father...) You're = You are. (You're right. You're wrong. You're silly.) Not really difficult guys!

Edited by slimepunch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...