Where do you get your books?

Paka

I used to be an Amazon junkie before I became employed with the university here... now, I by far consider my best benefit to be the library privileges. We have an incredible collection, and as I love mostly non-fiction anyways (especially history and science in general), I'm in heaven, as I can pick out stuff I'd normally never would have had a chance to read. More stuff in there too that I'd like to read than I think I could in a long life (not that I'm planning to stay here that long). ;)

When I was younger, garage sales and library sales were another good source for me. At some of the library sales I remember being able to buy a big shopping bag of books for a few bucks.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually hit Borders online because there always seems to be coupons floating around and I get credit from filling out e-rewards online surveys (not affiliated and wouldn't recommend if you're concerned about privacy, who knows where the info goes). Eventually I'd like my magazines on an e-reader, but I'll always need real books.

I get mine from Books a Million, even though its not as big as barnes and noble, they also arent as big a pain about people reading in the store. Amazon is also good, but I can't stand ebay's book market. the last book i got from them was in several peices.

I get all my manga books and what not from Amazon. I always find their service the best for prices and delivery. I also like their "Super Saver Delivery" feature. So I can order as many books as I want with no added shipping cost. :woop:

I also use the the book depository now and then as they're really good with prices and delivery as well.