Corrupt file/save?!?!?!?!

Berginyon

You ask "Has anyone experienced the game freezing..." so are you trying to tell us that you've had this problem, or just want to know about others misfortunes? :p

Anyway, if you have had this problem, then there are a few things you could do.

Firstly, check the disc for damage / scratches. If you can see any, then you could start by giving that a good old clean.

Secondly, try removing your HD and playing through the game. If it still freezes when you get to the same point, then you can assume that it's not your HD that's the problem. However, if it works ok, then try clearing the cache of you HD.

Thirdly, try playing the game with another profile. The problem may be that for some reason the game cannot play past a certian point through your account. (I've had this problem with GHII once, but it just sorted itself out...so no words of wisdom there.)

Or perhaps lying the console down horizontally might help (if it isn't already).

Finally, once a save / game data is erased or corrupted, there's no way to recover it. You're gunna have to start over...

I don't own this game, and so cannot guarentee that these will fix your game / console. These are just some simple tips that could help you out. ;)

No I wasn't looking for sympathy :) but just wanted to know if this was a common occurance for anyone else...didn't see anything posted so just wanted to make sure it was just me not some glitch in the game I had to over come by luck....besides I just rented didn't buy....I started over but havn't reached that point yet plus I have one of the first gen xbox's and I heard that they have a tendency to over heat if played for too long and I think that is what my problem was....I will follow up and let you guys know if it happens again

• 3 weeks later...

It happened to me once, too, after getting all the energon cubes in the first autobots mission. Now I'm paranoid about it- every time the save screen comes up my heart skips a beat ("please don't crash, please don't crash!").

There's not much I can say about preventing it. It seems the game is more likely to crash the longer you play without quitting back to the main menu (or rebooting entirely). It seems after playing a while sometimes the mini-map either disappears entirely or loses everything but the dots. At that point I just quit and restart. So far so good.

I just wish I could make a backup of the save- like, change the auto-save to a different slot. I know if I had a memory card I could copy a save to it, but I don't. After all the time I'm putting into getting all the items, I probably should.

So you're not alone. And you have my sympathy.

• 1 year later...

The exact same thing happened to me. It wouldn't let me go past beating the crap out of bumblebee. I murdered him over and over again. I tried everything, but it wouldn't let me get past him, it would just freeze. Well I got slightly upset. I mean I had already found 600 of those stupid cubes (I beat autobot side first).. Well I hit my console, just a love tap..and bam. The disc will not work at all. So I buy another one. No big deal, right? Got it, popped the sucker in and it worked like a charm. Then I loaded the game and it was corrupt...so now I'm playing it all over again and I'm making sure to constantly back my saves up on a memory stick like suggested above.

Long story short, no you won't get your save game back. It's corrupt, lost, gone forever. Sucks. I know...I know...

You think thats bad my save file went completley out of whack I went from doing the suburb hero with bumblebee and then it skipped me to chapter 4, so my save file for the autobots was chapter 1 and then chapter 4 nothing more nothing less. I was like !!!!!!! and it froze everytime I fought an autobot drone

• 2 months later...

there's defo somthing wrong with this game, i got this game few days ago just to boost achiev's. i started playin as autobots, i got to end of first chapter after collecting all icons and cubes, doin the skillz and submissons, then save screen appears and then freezes..... bugger.. i got start again.. so i do. this time as decepticons... i do the first chapter 100%, then the second 100%... etc.. i defeat optimus prime at end.... woohoo... then the save screen appears and can u guess what happened nxt..... thats right folks it froze on me again.... now im really pissed off.... cause to get the few achiev's i need i have to do it all again... im to bloody pissed off with this game at the mo to start again, and chances r it will feckin freeze again anyway.....arrrgghhhh....

so u peeps know im playin this on a new elite console and i have the update patch 4 game and it didn;t stop my game from feckin up.

• 2 years later...

Yeah this happened to me, just one more nail in the well tacked down coffin of this piss-poor title.

I had just braved my way through the annoying tedium of the campaign, ready to mop up the other achievements and the game froze on the save screen...everything gone....no disc problems here as it is a 'games on demand' download.

The one positive in that happening and me immediately refusing to play through the tedious crap again was that I will not have to endure the rest of this total lemon of a donkey bollock of a game for a moment longer.....yeah I hate it genuinely THAT much, avoid like the plague!