Very Hard = Very Easy?

judd90

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More like "To Easy" for the hardest difficulty in the game i expected enemies that would kill me in three bullets. But that wasn't the case at all in fact i only had problems with a few bosses/enemies. For the most part you don't even have to try, using the leash fixes anyone who is being a nuisance. But i gotta say the campaign was great,i haven't played online as i bought the game used and didn't get the code. So the single player campaign was well worth the $35 i spent on it. The Sniper rifle for this game was my favorite weapon with the drill being a very close second. I hated the cannonball launcher thing. It just doesn't have alot of good uses to me.

But in general the hardest difficulty was one of the easiest i have seen on a game....ever

I would agree that on the opposite of COD or Halo Legendary for exemple, this is game is fairly easy on very hard. I did retry the chapter 1 part of act 7 like most of you, what pissed me off the most was that i had to always reload my guns cause the damn checkpoint is just before the drop kit, wich is just annoying.

But since i do it as i feel(playing act in no particular orders) i always have tons of points for the last chacpters, so i could fill my shotty with burning rounds, tumpler(i didnt used it tought) and snipe.

Personally i could do the entire game with snipe and shotty and that would be enought, they are the most devastating weapons. The drill gun is fun , well many weapons are fun, but the most effectives are the shotty and snipe.

So far only act 6 and 2 chapters of act 5 left, but its more that im not a guy who play hours of solo campaign continually. When i do a game for the first time i always do 1 act (around 1h or so) then i stoped, i dunno, i have fun doing them but if i play too long i dont have the same fun. Exeption to this rules are game like oblivion that you play 30 min and you almost didn't do anything lol

But for games like Bulletstorm, i always did only 1 act per play, but now i accelerate a little bit cause i want to return the game thursday, since ebgames give 30$ credit for it in may and i can't go to the city exept that day. So i have to hurry up a bit but well, once solo is done on very hard, i could have play more on echoes but im not digging this that much, campaign part without stories... bof, they should have make them playable as 2 players. Anarchy is not top top either, dont like how you have to score pts to past a wawe.

As for general apreciation of this game, lets say the killing was fun, but i wish they didn't emphasis too much on it, like kinda forcing you to do everything. Me, i did 50% of the skillshot, but no way im loosing time trying to do everything... some are just way too complicated.

Story was simple and effective, but i dont know whats up with epic always having to put stupid dialogue in there game(i could past over it for GOW but Bulletstorm...) Worst is Sarrano, god damn he is annoying as hell. Gray pissed me off too at time, i was like "will you shut up sometimes" and Trishka was correct, at some part she tried too much but overall she wasnt too much annoying. Ishi was ok too, since he didn't talk too much.

Anyway overall its a decent game, beautifull graphic, fun gameplay, but just a short campaign and thats it. If it was not for the GOW3 BETA i would have probably just buyed it used at 25$. Lets say since i return it for 30$ its pretty much like i did pay 30$ only, so i guess its ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have to disagree, Act 7 was brutal. I did the rest of the game on very hard but that room with the 4 bosses almost made me rage quit. Just so many explosions going on. I may go back and try again.

Been meaning to buy the game when it came down in price a bit but i got it on rental the other day, not so sure if i want to pay even £20 for it, good game but i'm not sure if its a keeper or not.

• 1 month later...

It's unbelievable how many people here said they completed this game with only a few deaths. I guess I just suck at FPS games. I beat CoD 2-MW2 on Veteran but I don't have the patience for this game. The second I step out of cover, I'm already dying. I'm on Act 3, almost out of ammo in all my weapons, and no skill points. I can kick people off balconies for 50 points each until I can afford one thing of machine gun bullets (forgot how many it comes with, but it's 350 skill points to buy it) from the drop point, but then I end up having to use all of those rounds just to wipe out one enemy. I gave up. I could turn the difficulty down and forget about achievements, but it's a pretty blah game anyway. I'll get back to it in a couple years when I'm bored.

I started the game on very hard, which is unusual for me as most games I get I just play on the default difficulty, but the achievement guide said starting on very hard wasn't that bad.

The only thing that was annoying was getting killed so many times and not being able to get enough points to buy ammo, as ammo was the main thing that was needed, but the hardest part I can remember was the helicopter fight with "Godzilla", I got killed a lot on that but apart from this event the game was a breeze.

And today I just got my 1250 gamescore after finally getting to level 65.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I've said this before, but playing in reverse order starting from 7-2 and working your way down makes Very Hard a joke

You can get credit for doing this way?? I might do that just to change it up a little...kinda mad at myself for not doing very hard rig away as i usually do go right to the hardest setting when I play games...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The issue with Bullestorm trying to be difficult, is that you can kill the vast majority of enemy types without guns. The leash completely immobilizes them, making their gun useless, and also brings them to you, so you don't need to shoot them to do damage. And in the game, you can kick enemies to death, and once you've started kicking them there's nothing they can do to escape it as being kicked immobilizes them as well. And even if you don't want to kick them to death, you can kick them into an instant kill environmental Hazard in 90% of the game's areas. If you can immobilize enemies that easily, and dispatch of them so quickly then there's no way they can be made into difficult enemies, even if the damage they deal is cranked up to a desperately high level.

The issue with Bullestorm trying to be difficult, is that you can kill the vast majority of enemy types without guns. The leash completely immobilizes them, making their gun useless, and also brings them to you, so you don't need to shoot them to do damage. And in the game, you can kick enemies to death, and once you've started kicking them there's nothing they can do to escape it as being kicked immobilizes them as well. And even if you don't want to kick them to death, you can kick them into an instant kill environmental Hazard in 90% of the game's areas. If you can immobilize enemies that easily, and dispatch of them so quickly then there's no way they can be made into difficult enemies, even if the damage they deal is cranked up to a desperately high level.

True, but some enemies can't be leashed which makes the game somewhat harder. There are also the big boomer type enemies that need to be taken down with weapons.

The last boss is a piece of cake, or a joke, but most probably both.

The hardest boss you'd fight (who's that that hard) is midway through the game.

Over this game's very hard is not very hard. But I could recall three possible choke points for most people.

This is the only really challenging part of playing on very hard. You'll be breeding along and then get stuck for 15min on this one area. Would have been better if they had spread it out a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Really short, not that hard. I'll admit, there were a few places in the game where I had to retry like 10-20 times, but yeah. It's the easiest "Very Hard" difficulty ever.

I have to do another playthrough for the electroflies and the newsbot, and Nom juice. I'll do it on Very Easy, just to see how much different it is.

The majority of it was fairly easy with a few tough parts sprinkled in there along the way. The enemies I had the most problem with were the snipers, I would just pick them off with the PMC and not worry about doing skillshots on them.

Main tip: the leash is your best friend, use it every chance you can!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...