That Just Happened & Speed Reader - at the same time!

Has anyone been able to get BOTH of these in one run? I'm sure there's a badass player out there who has done it. It would certainly make for a great video for getting the achievements (not to mention, those "speed run" videos suck balls, and look like they were made on a PC during the Pentium I heyday)!

On a side note... why the hell do these idiot kids INSIST on adding music to game-play videos? I'd rather that they narrated the video, describing what they are doing... instead of dubbing-in the worst music on the planet! :uzi:

Bandanna + Boom + Pinata + Crazy luck to not get hit by a rocket flood or carrier = Both at once.

It's a real shame I'm lacking in the crazy luck department right now. Rocket floods get me just about every time.:(

Eames from Inception put it best.

"It plausabily possible its just bloody difficult"

That pretty much sums it up. It's one of those things you just have to keep trying until it happens; some lucky person will probably get both on his first try and wonder what everyone else is going on about.

I only died once when doing Speed Reader, so I know it's plenty well possible. I did 'that just happened' before even bothering with 'speed reader' though, because the frustration of dying right near the end and forcing myself to start over even though I could finish and get 'speed reader' would've been a tad much.

You definately do not need bandanna to do it either. I did 'speed reader' with just the shotgun and magnum for the entire run with no bandanna skull and did just fine. I haven't even picked up a single skull in campaign yet, although I've run across 3 of them so far. I plan on going back for those in a fun/exploring playthrough after doing everything else. The rockets are just a good way to accidentally kill yourself if you ask me.

I did them both in one run and recorded it too. It's a large file though so I need to compress it first before uploading it. Only had bandanna on to help. Word of caution, the That Just Happened achievement will unlock after the cutscene, and not when you get Speed Reader first. Found that out the hard way when I stopped my recording mid cutscene and the achievement popped after it.

I did it just now on Heroic with my girl friends account logged in, i kept my main controller back and used her account to progress the level, my main account didnt die even once, the other account i used died a lot as i just rushed through most of it and as i finished the level no achievement popped up, i mean what the hell, if its done in co-op do both players have to survive or something?

I did it just now on Heroic with my girl friends account logged in, i kept my main controller back and used her account to progress the level, my main account didnt die even once, the other account i used died a lot as i just rushed through most of it and as i finished the level no achievement popped up, i mean what the hell, if its done in co-op do both players have to survive or something?

yes cause if 1 person died, YOU MUST START OVER

I did them both in one run and recorded it too. It's a large file though so I need to compress it first before uploading it. Only had bandanna on to help. Word of caution, the That Just Happened achievement will unlock after the cutscene, and not when you get Speed Reader first. Found that out the hard way when I stopped my recording mid cutscene and the achievement popped after it.

IMHO bandanna makes any of the 'challenge' achievements in this game meaningless to obtain. No offense to you personally, I just wish they'd disabled achievements when skulls are activated (except the 3 skull one).

• 5 months later...
RC Master used bandanna. That effectively makes his double achievement run meaningless to me.

The whole point of this thread is whether it could be done, not what YOU think of how it was done.

If YOU can do both in one run with no skulls turned on, then by all means... PROVE IT!

Otherwise... your opinion is meaningless to all of us!

• 7 months later...

The whole point of this thread is whether it could be done, not what YOU think of how it was done.

If YOU can do both in one run with no skulls turned on, then by all means... PROVE IT!

Otherwise... your opinion is meaningless to all of us!

Ha ha ha well said :)

You say using a legit feature like Bandanna voids the completion of this guy's run, yet you've boosted REACH, Gears 3 and Halo 4 with multiple consoles and spend hundreds of hours killing guest controllers to get your Seriously 3.0. and your Halo commendations, stances, visors, armors...

That is called being a hypocrite :)

Ha ha ha well said :)

You say using a legit feature like Bandanna voids the completion of this guy's run, yet you've boosted REACH, Gears 3 and Halo 4 with multiple consoles and spend hundreds of hours killing guest controllers to get your Seriously 3.0. and your Halo commendations, stances, visors, armors...

That is called being a hypocrite :)

I'm sure if lifeexpectingly was asked if he boosted for his Seriously 3.0, Halo commendations, stances, visors, and armors (assuming he did boost for them), he would answer in the affirmative. That is not being a hypocrite. All he said was that to him, RC Master's run was meaningless because he did it with the help of skulls; he didn't perform the feat vanilla -- he had a handicap.

Most people boosted Seriously 3.0 and Halo stats for completionist and achievement sake; the people who boosted it for bragging rights and pass it off as legit (non-boosted) are the hypocrites, not lifeexpectancy.

• 3 weeks later...