Questions about weapons & missions

amuro98

So, I found a Excel spreadsheet posted on Gamefaqs of the weapons, along with a chart showing approximately what weapon levels you can expect from which missions.

Ok, I understand that.

My questions, however are these:

1: Why does the chart show Inferno dropping weapons up to level 100 when the highest level weapon in the game seems to be in the high-80s? Was this for future DLCs or is there a specific benefit replaying Mission 85 on Inferno to complete your weapon collections?

2: Are the weapon drops completely randomized within their range or do you tend to get higher-level weapons if you play later missions?

Example: You're playing a mission that has a range of 0-50. Does this mean you have an equal chance of getting a weapon from level 0 through 50 or does the chance of getting a higher leveled weapon improve as you play a later mission?

So, I found a Excel spreadsheet posted on Gamefaqs of the weapons, along with a chart showing approximately what weapon levels you can expect from which missions.

Ok, I understand that.

My questions, however are these:

1: Why does the chart show Inferno dropping weapons up to level 100 when the highest level weapon in the game seems to be in the high-80s? Was this for future DLCs or is there a specific benefit replaying Mission 85 on Inferno to complete your weapon collections?

2: Are the weapon drops completely randomized within their range or do you tend to get higher-level weapons if you play later missions?

Example: You're playing a mission that has a range of 0-50. Does this mean you have an equal chance of getting a weapon from level 0 through 50 or does the chance of getting a higher leveled weapon improve as you play a later mission?

Highest level weapon is 95. I don't know why it says 100.

I'm not sure but my guess is that it's random but with the higher level weapons being less likely to drop. The reason I say this is because when I was farming for weapons (DLC 2, Mission 16) over half of the time the last weapon to drop in any group (say for example Ranger sniper rifles) would be the highest rated one. It seemed to happen more often than if it was truly random. And in fact my last weapon in any group was probably in the top three in over 90% of the groups.

If that makes sense.

You get better weapons by playing later missions on harder difficulties, which means playing later missions on Inferno will give you the highest chance of getting the best equipment. The mission number is not related to the weapon level, as the difficulty is more important.

If you want to farm weapons, play DLC 2 mission 16 on Inferno difficulty.

You get better weapons by playing later missions on harder difficulties, which means playing later missions on Inferno will give you the highest chance of getting the best equipment. The mission number is not related to the weapon level, as the difficulty is more important.

If you want to farm weapons, play DLC 2 mission 16 on Inferno difficulty.

Yes I understand that.

But that wasn't quite what I was asking.

According to the other guides I've read for this game, each mission at a particular difficulty, has a chance of dropping weapons for range of weapon levels.

For instance, one of the missions on Normal has a weapon level range of 6-20. This means if you pick up weapons on this level, they should be between weapon levels 6 to 20.

My first question is: Are weapons in that range equally likely to drop? In other words, are the chances of getting a weapon with level 6 the same as getting a weapon with level 20? The answer, if I understood, is No. You are less likely to get weapons from the higher end of the range.

In addition this guide shows that many missions share the same weapon level range. This brings up my second question. For a sequence of missions that share the same weapon level range, are you more likely to get weapons from the higher end of the range on the higher numbered mission?

Example: Missions 4, 5, 6 on Hard all have the same weapon level range of 6-20. Are your chances of getting a level 20 weapon better on Mission 6 than Mission 4? I would think it would be but am not sure.

Hard to say for sure but my guess would be that, in this example, a level 6 weapon is fractionally more likely to drop than a level 20.

So if I was missing a level 8 weapon and there was a mission that dropped 1-8 and one that dropped 8-30, maybe the latter would be the best bet.

That said, I got all my low level weapons farming Anchored on Inferno as it's super easy and then got all the high ones farming 2-16.