Anyone made a thread for this yet?

I R NOEbot

I think I'm blind. I've checked several forums, always end up with this exact map. I've searched for hours and never find him. I'm down to 7 fragments, 1 being a paradox ending, 1 for the beastiary, and 5 from him! Is there something blatantly obvious that I'm missing? I know he's phased and what not. Grr!

If you REALLY don't want to search for him, supposedly he randomly respawns when you return from the historia crux. So plant yourself near 2-3 of the spots that you know he can spawn in, jump out, jump back in and check those. If he's not there then try again. By the way, you say you're missing ALL 5 of the fragments, that means that you've never seen him. Which means he'll always be at the "entrance" map (north of the map) to the left of the gate that leads to Hope. After you meet him there he'll never spawn there again though.

Don't forget to do all 4 terminals in the other quiz in this level, getting 10 questions in a row without failing. Luckily they're marked on the map for you.

Some of them are bastards but the REAL annoyance is the 'Red/Blue' or 'Evens/Odds' questions. Getting that at Q9 or 10 only to get it wrong would put people off.

As you run around the conversation you hear will give you clues about where Captain Cryptic is, anything that mentions him being "east" refers to Grand Avenue (Right part of the map) and the Alley (check this last though - Bottom of Grand Avenue section), amd "west" refers to him being in New Town (Left part of the map).

I think I'm blind. I've checked several forums, always end up with this exact map. I've searched for hours and never find him. I'm down to 7 fragments, 1 being a paradox ending, 1 for the beastiary, and 5 from him! Is there something blatantly obvious that I'm missing? I know he's phased and what not. Grr!

As someone else posted, until you speak to him in the building Hope is in (opposite side of the doorway as Chocolina) he will ALWAYS be in that building. After speaking with him and getting the 1st fragment, he will then start teleporting around.

As someone else posted, until you speak to him in the building Hope is in (opposite side of the doorway as Chocolina) he will ALWAYS be in that building. After speaking with him and getting the 1st fragment, he will then start teleporting around.

If you've definitely already met him once but still can't find him anywhere, return to the historia crux and come back, this makes him change his position to one that you can hopefully spot a bit more.

captain cryptic does not exist at all on mine i have spoke to him in the entrance before hope and got the question wrong and he vanished i have checked the spawn points on the map and he isnt there infact i have searched the whole map 7 times now and jumped out and back in 7 times i have searched everywhere any help would be greatly appreciated

By the way, you say you're missing ALL 5 of the fragments, that means that you've never seen him. Which means he'll always be at the "entrance" map (north of the map) to the left of the gate that leads to Hope.

THIS! Didn't know I had to find him there first, not sure how I missed him. I'll chalk it up to terrible TV haha. Thank you thank you! :D