Video Game You're Nostalgic Of?

The Produca

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ocarina of Time springs to mind.

The song of time just randomly pops into my head from time to time and I end up humming it without even realising.

What a masterpiece.

It's permanently stuck in my head as well!

Legend of Kage and Blaster Master for NES. Oh and Life Force for NES as well.

OMG you took the words right out of my mouth, The NES has more Nostalgic games for me than any other console! I remember both of these vividly but would like to add, Wizards and Warriors, Rygar, Metal Gear, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Jackle, Mega man, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, the Original Castlevania, Ikari Warriors, Commando, Ghost and Goblins, Mario, Trojan and more!

Nobunaga's Ambition.

Awesome strategy game. I'm jacking my taxes up to 85% and daring those peasants to revolt!

Not really into strategy games at all but I would assume this is based on the character from Capcom's Onimusha series? Did that series just die off on the PS2? I actually really enjoyed both games.. even the 2nd one with Jean Reno in it!

Combat on the Atari 2600

Don't forget, Activision's Pitfall and Megamania. Also remember Demon Attack, Barnstorming and Ms Pac man? Pac man sucked on the 2600. I remember my mom taking me to the store to buy me a Pac Man and a Rubic's Cube lol! :woop:

Edited by Delow317

Like others FF7 does it for me. That and FFX mainly because I remember staying awake until I felt like I was hallucinating or trying to get to the ps/ps2 before my brother. I do have a soft spot for Super Mario, Street Fighter II, Gradius and other oldies...makes me realize how old I'm getting. :p

final fantasy tactics!

i leveled my characters for over a year before confronting the end boss and i defeated him in two strokes that was a disapointment cos my friend said he was hard but then again i loved that game the music the setting the graphics and the story amazingly done

Not really into strategy games at all but I would assume this is based on the character from Capcom's Onimusha series? Did that series just die off on the PS2? I actually really enjoyed both games.. even the 2nd one with Jean Reno in it!

It's based on the actual historical person Oda Nobunaga from Japan's warring states period. Just like the Samurai Warriors game and the Warriors Orochi (spinoffs of Dynasty Warriors). It features many of the same historical figures that those games feature. However, it handles them and the actual history of the time very differently.

Well it goes without saying the Final fantasy 7 was a major for me.

Add in Suikoden 1 and 2, Vandal hearts 1 and 2, and Zelda: Links awakening.

Holy shitbags those were cool....but nostalgia's a bitch, leaves you with great memories but when I play it again I just cannot help but compare it to the newer games and it leaves me feeling very deflated and unsatisfied.

I'm usually nostalgic when it comes to Zelda games or the Spyro series. Often times with Resident Evil as well of course. But my nostalgia goggles are not as thick as others and some games I just...I feel I've moved on from them despite how loved they were in the past.

The Gex series, I really enjoyed those games when I played them 10's of times through, but...going back now, it's mostly a "favored memory" rather than a reality for me anymore. They're just not as fun anymore. I can still cite them and keep them in my memory for the good times we had but my nostalgia goggles go off to you Gex...you just can't hold up anymore.

It's based on the actual historical person Oda Nobunaga from Japan's warring states period. Just like the Samurai Warriors game and the Warriors Orochi (spinoffs of Dynasty Warriors). It features many of the same historical figures that those games feature. However, it handles them and the actual history of the time very differently.

Good to know! I kinda thought I heard that name before playing Onimusha 1 and 2. I knew that that the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games used real historical figures, but I didn't know the Onimusha series did untill now.

While researching another old game I loved I was reminded of a game called "New Horizons" for the SNES.

I believe it was basically just an updated version of a NES game called Uncharted Waters.

Either way it was pretty sweet. You had a choice of like 6 different characters you could play as and it was set during Europe's "Age of Exploration" (or "Age of Piracy" if you're Middle Eastern or Asian).

You buy ships, explore, get in naval battles, trade, act as a pirate...Basically whatever you want to do as you try to accomplish each character's main objective. One of the characters is a cartographer whose goal is to map the entire world. One is a British Privateer somewhat serving the crown. Another is a female Spanish Naval Officer forced into piracy because of betrayal. One is a young Portuguese aristocrat trying to prove his worth to his father. I think there are a few more but I barely remember them.

For a 16 bit game it is still, by far, the best pirate/naval trade/exploration game I have ever played.