High Definition Gamers...

Jay_FNG

Do you have an HDTV, and if you do, what resolution to you use?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have an HDTV, and if you do, what resolution to you use?

• No, I don't own an HD TV.
    • Yes, I game in 720p
    • Yes, I game in 1080i. (Can't display 1080p)
    • Yes, I game in 1080i or 720p. (My TV will only show 1080p signal through HDMI.)
    • Yes, I in full 1080p through VGA or Component.

I used to game at night, back in my WoW days. *shudder*

All-nighting is fun. Most fun gaming I have ever had. You get to have the night air change around you, it is really surreal. At the same time, I am geeking out and roleplaying with people in WoW. The only reason I played that game was for the Roleplay. Then I came into real-life and realized that 99% of the Roleplay sucked, and that I am paying 15 bucks a month for a chat program.

What? Roleplay can be fun if done with the right people.

*Does a geeky-looking pout*

My surround sound is nice, but I would like an upgrade to a nice Sony or something.

I would also like a nice bigger tv, preferably an LCD. Samsung maybe?

My mom's 51" Toshiba DLP would also be nice. She's forbidden me to play games on it. Though I've had it hooked up twice when I didn't feel like hauling my vcr and little 100 pound tube tv down the stairs to hook up to live and it's rather awesome. Gears of War looks AMAZING on it.

It's only three years old and supports 720p and 1080i. I can't tell a difference between the two so I just play in 1080i.

That's like $2,500, right?

a smidge more from a reputable dealer... $2,999 from vanns.com (coming on monday!!!) i also got this 2 yr no interest deal, so i'll just pay $125/month and have it paid off in 2 yrs

i found places online selling it for $2,300, but they had fake (good reviews from people who work there) on epinions.com and bad (actual customer) reviews.

examples:

bestbuyplasma.com (aslo on bbb.org better business bureau website..not good)

abesofmaine

drplasma

plasmahouse

also, this poll should have had an option for 1080p over hdmi

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7705753&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat95100050039&id=1138085296581

I just bought the same t.v. two days ago (24th) at Best Buy. Upgraded from a 27" Philips tube. Huge difference. Some games (NBA2K7) look completely different. No more blurring of white letters, it's awesome. I thought about getting a newer TV (1080p) but didn't want to spend $3000+. I got the tv, 4 year PRP, HDMI cable and a Hi-Def TiVo for under $1,700.

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7705753&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat95100050039&id=1138085296581

I just bought the same t.v. two days ago (24th) at Best Buy. Upgraded from a 27" Philips tube. Huge difference. Some games (NBA2K7) look completely different. No more blurring of white letters, it's awesome. I thought about getting a newer TV (1080p) but didn't want to spend $3000+. I got the tv, 4 year PRP, HDMI cable and a Hi-Def TiVo for under $1,700.

i'll get a dlp once i get a house and have more room.

my 40" sony lcd is the bomb though.

too bad i have to start paying for it soon.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/988/img1849largeps8.jpg

32 inch Toshiba "Picture Frame" SDTV, 100Hz. Best CRT picture quality I've ever seen, but it's no HDTV. Doesn't even do 480p. Fabulous pictures from DVD and Digital TV.

Can't bring myself to get an HDTV - TV just looks worse, and I don't have an upscaling DVD player.

Surround is Denon 7.1 receiver, with Monitor Audio speakers all round. Yamaha sub.