The Official Annex Thread - Discussion & Details Inside

Krazie

I doubt its not true, unless whoever decided to put it up wants to be mauled to death by thousands of angry gamers.

anyways, sounds awesome, should add more squad based gameply, instead picking up your favorite weapon/not developing any plan; which isnt bad, but annex sounds awesome.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt its not true, unless whoever decided to put it up wants to be mauled to death by thousands of angry gamers.

anyways, sounds awesome, should add more squad based gameply, instead picking up your favorite weapon/not developing any plan; which isnt bad, but annex sounds awesome.

Yeah really never make up stuff about GoW unless you want to get attacked by 100,000 gamers!

My thoughts exactly, why stoop to their low level? If it gets to a point that we're losing strictly because the other team is cheating, I simply end the game, file complaints, and start a new one.

We tend to join random games so we would have to quit and leave the teams unbalanced. Its really only a last resort if we are loosing just because of them weapon sliding, that isn't very often though considering they just slide right into the barrel of my shotgun. Although, if we slide to stop them from winning, I guess some one else could start doing it. :rolleyes:

Gears would be... weird with respawns. Would be rather annoying if the base which had to be destroyed or whatever was on the other side of the map. Either way i'm still looking forward to this.

A new mode sound's interesting, it'll be a good change from Warzone, because Assination sucked, and Execution is basically warzone with respawn.

I'm not too bothered about ALL the glitches, but if the Roadie Run/Fire, and Silent Chainsaw ones are destroyed, then I'll be happy.

I am excited about the new game play type but there is one thing that I am concerned about. If there are respawns how are they going to keep teams from spawn camping. They obviously wouldn't take ideas from bungie and make your characters randomly spawn. So I would assume that they would make you spawn in the same place. But after thinking it over I seriously doubt that they would change the whole way that the game is played just to include respawns. It just won't happen.

Every 1 hoping the weapon slide n long jump is in serious denial. Mlg has embraced these glitches n I don't epic would b stupid n piss off the mlg n every clan playin on that site. But as far as the roadie run n the chainsaw glitch I can't wait till they r gone.

To be competely blunt with you man, that's bullshit. I played MLG Gears with Spartan, Graf1k, and Crash, and any one of these guys would tell you that glitching of any kind was UNNACCEPTABLE. I don't know where you came up with this but you are absolutely wrong.

Every 1 hoping the weapon slide n long jump is in serious denial. Mlg has embraced these glitches n I don't epic would b stupid n piss off the mlg n every clan playin on that site. But as far as the roadie run n the chainsaw glitch I can't wait till they r gone.

I'm guessing you're saying that weapon slide and long jump should stay, although I say guessing because that has to be one the most difficult to read posts ever! Weapon slide and long jump are glitches, glitches that are used to give you an advantage over another team IS cheating! And only piece of shit cheaters with no skill use these glitches in ranked matches. I doubt Epic cares about if the clans in mlg will still be able to use the glitches. When the glitches are gone it will just mean that the people who used them will have to get real, non-cheating skill. Only idiots think that games should have glitches in them.

To be competely blunt with you man, that's bullshit. I played MLG Gears with Spartan, Graf1k, and Crash, and any one of these guys would tell you that glitching of any kind was UNNACCEPTABLE. I don't know where you came up with this but you are absolutely wrong.

All I can say is: A completely accurate response to a completely inaccurate statement.

I still think it is funny how people try to justify cheating and lack of skill by claiming that "MLG says it's alright to glitch, so it must be so". LOL

Why do you think it is called a glitch? A glitch is something in a game that was not meant to be there in the first place. People who use the glitches do it to gain an unfair advantage. By gaining an unfair advantage, you then become a cheater. How can this be claimed as anything else. It don't matter how severe the glitch is, from weapon sliding to running chainsaw, to infinite grenades. They are all cheating and need to be stopped. The game would be sooo much better without them.

And to stay on topic, a territories game could be pretty cool, if done right. And I hope they don't add respawns.

I still think it is funny how people try to justify cheating and lack of skill by claiming that "MLG says it's alright to glitch, so it must be so". LOL

What's funnier still is when they spend a whole game glitching only to still be completely raped by legit players at the end of it. Muppets!

Happy to hear about Annex, ought breath some new life into it for me. The thought of respawns however isn't so appealing. At all.

A Free For All Deathmatch would be nonsense. We would end up just chainsawing the guy (usually Carmine) who just chainsawed the guy (usually Carmine)who just chainsawed the guy and so on.

About Domination or CTF... I guess there would be new maps, then, because CTF on Hawk Down would be funny-weird. About the respawns, i guess the host would be able to switch them on/off, so it won't be a problem...

it will be VERY interesting to see how they're going to set up Annex, if they put no respawn, then screw Annex, its just another warzone. But if they put respawn, then i guess its a long and continous game. but wut would suck if there are no rounds, is that someone could get boom and when you see it respawned and you rush too it the guy just blows you up and takes it and does that the whole game while staying in his territory. so basically its a first come first serve.

it will be VERY interesting to see how they're going to set up Annex, if they put no respawn, then screw Annex, its just another warzone. But if they put respawn, then i guess its a long and continous game. but wut would suck if there are no rounds, is that someone could get boom and when you see it respawned and you rush too it the guy just blows you up and takes it and does that the whole game while staying in his territory. so basically its a first come first serve.
Respawns will play a major part in the success or downfall of this gametype. I also heard from the GoW forums that the achievements will be unlockable in player matches. Not sure if Epic confirmed but that's what I heard. That would be great.

This being Gears, I guess it would be a delayed respawn: you would have to wait for one minute or so before you can get back in the action. it wouldn't be Gears anymore if you could just rush n'die n'respawn instantly like we do in other online shooters with no penalty whatsoever. I like that idea, because it would give time for your teammates to regroup around the spawning point and prevent spawn camping.