This game knows how to piest ppl off.It can burn in hell.

lance039

I freaking hate this battle system. The enemies seem to always be ableto block but my team only does it on occasions. Then the battles its like wave aftere wave of enemies its like a repetative hack and slash game,its more of them than you. I wasted 60 minutes of my life on one battle, then i had to start all over this game can burn in hell.

I'm 59 and haven't cleared the Ramparts yet, so 70 at Nest of Eagles doesn't seem that far out to me. The hardest part of the game is its insistence to sometimes only let you use 4 AP for an entire attack routine even when you have 120 stored up. I'd have to say that luck plays into this game far more than strategy though. The only strategy I really use is find the enemy in combat that Rush can target with Caustic Blast and hit the A button. Ah well.

Honestly as long as you fight all the monsters and do the quests you will never have a problem at all in this game (except a few things maybe like gates of hell and the fallen although I havent fought the fallen yet)

My BR is at 70 and the only times I died where on gates of hell and then the fight with jager after wards.

I do totally agree though, this battle system is the biggest piece of shit I have ever seen. This game relies to heavily on the computer to do things correctly and only 50% of the time will it give you the option of "Keep your HP up" That should ALWAYS be an option. Square really fucked up when they decided to make this a "computer does it all for you" game. Are games just getting dumber or am I just getting sick of the bullshit they are putting out.

Either way if you die just level up more for some reason you get a bunch of bonus hp for nonsense battles that don't actually take effort and your guys fly up really fast. I have about 3600 hp per group (only 3 groups though) and only have 6 leaders and like I said a 70 BR.

Also, make sure you change your weapons and use the right kind of accessories, just because it says HP+ doesn't mean it is that great, physical defense +4 is great for certain fights as where Mystic defense +4 is great for others. All about tactics not really about skill in this game.

Yeah, that healing thing kind of gets at me too. One of my unions is led by Caedmon, who has herb arts, and I almost never get the option to heal myself with that union even when it only has something like 200/2100 hp left. I constantly end up having to use the "Save them no matter what!" option to be able to heal them, using exactly the same items that the union would normally heal itself with. I like the combat system, it's interesting, but it needs a lot more polish. I'd like to see it used in another game, but they need to work the bugs out of it. Maybe being able to choose an attack schema for each union or something like that. And damn would I like a list of all of my attacks instead of just the ones that the game thinks I should be able to use.

I'm 59 and haven't cleared the Ramparts yet, so 70 at Nest of Eagles doesn't seem that far out to me. The hardest part of the game is its insistence to sometimes only let you use 4 AP for an entire attack routine even when you have 120 stored up. I'd have to say that luck plays into this game far more than strategy though. The only strategy I really use is find the enemy in combat that Rush can target with Caustic Blast and hit the A button. Ah well.

The strategy comes before the battle. Having finished the game (1000) and hit BR 124 and started again I can see so many things I did wrong first time.

When you know the enemies your decisions are:

3, 4 or 5 unions

use summon leaders or not and in battle use the summon or not

go for max HP or AP or other stats

what accessories to use

healers

in battle deadlock 1 or all unions

attack 1 on 1 or all on 1

In my second game my first criteria when hiring soldiers was they must already have healing skills - every single one of them.

There are plenty of strategic decisions that have a huge impact on the battles. Sure once you have made your strategic decisions luck can still work for or against you.

With my Fallen in game 1 I tried 5 times and failed every time. In attempt 1 I was in round 9, he had been flashing red for the last 3 or 4 rounds and my last attack was Baulson's Heavens Door. It lands I win. It misses I lose because round 10 is the end. The Fallen blocks it.

Next 4 attempts nothing goes my way.

In my successful attempt I land a few Heaven's Doors, my healing unit (McGrady and soldiers) does around 60k damage using all their saved up AP on combat arts instead of healing in a flank attack and in the last 2 useful turns I get omnistrike, Heaven's Door and 100 flowers - two of which are out of my control and sometime even Heaven's Door can be fussy.

But if I did not have 4 unions with HP split the way I did and using defensive formations I would not have been there in round 9.

Sometimes the 4AP instead of 120 is based on morale and other factors. I used to think I lucked out heaps. Now I can find an explanation for about 80% of the times when it gives me piddly attack options.

Yeah, that healing thing kind of gets at me too. One of my unions is led by Caedmon, who has herb arts, and I almost never get the option to heal myself with that union even when it only has something like 200/2100 hp left. I constantly end up having to use the "Save them no matter what!" option to be able to heal them, using exactly the same items that the union would normally heal itself with. I like the combat system, it's interesting, but it needs a lot more polish. I'd like to see it used in another game, but they need to work the bugs out of it. Maybe being able to choose an attack schema for each union or something like that. And damn would I like a list of all of my attacks instead of just the ones that the game thinks I should be able to use.

Have you ever tried checking whether you have the right herbs for him?

Every time I get to red with an union, an option to heal appears. In fact, it appears just about every time my HP is <75%. It, however, might be related to the fact that I have 7 healers in 4 groups. After all, it's better to take a soldier with Herbs/Remedies and teach him combat skills than to have a union without the ability to revive.

The option to revive a single member of a union comes way too rarely though...

gotta agree about the attacks... My unions have ~80 AP at the start, but tend to get only 2 or 3 members casting spells and wasting ~40 AP, while the rest also have mystic skills and AP, but choose to "attack" rather than nuke.

Rare hunting could be easier as well.

I have actually. Right herbs and everything. I think Caedmon is just plain cursed. I stuck Loki into the group and now it can heal, but with just Caedmon as the only leader class unit in the union it never heals itself. With Loki in the group Caedmon will heal as well. Don't know... I have 3 unions with 4 units each that I use and I think 5 members are healers, either with spells or with items. Not entirely sure though.

I freaking hate this battle system. The enemies seem to always be ableto block but my team only does it on occasions. Then the battles its like wave aftere wave of enemies its like a repetative hack and slash game,its more of them than you. I wasted 60 minutes of my life on one battle, then i had to start all over this game can burn in hell.

im getting p off with the holy land battle the massive battle with 1 dragon plus boss and 10 armys itys been 4 hours and no progress. lol

You might have to go level grind. I'm finding that my choice to max out his mystic was good for big battles though. Any battle with 5 or more enemy unions where one of them has a lot of hp I can usually trigger Blackout III and nuke the whole battlefield. Only thing I can recommend is level grind. :p