Is this game worth getting?

Jade Falcon

I was a big fan of the Mech Warrior series for the PC, but I really did not like Chromehounds at all. The missions were very easy to get good ranks in, but the multiplayer I found boring. Usually human opponents are harder and more innovative than the artificial opponents, but that was not usually the case when I played it on Live.

I would say rent it first if you are interested, but IMHO I wouldn't even do that.

Yea, Chromehounds is either a game your really like at first and you enjoy the long steep learning curve, or you just won't enjoy it at all.

As far as achievements go, it's a little bit tedious for just 700 points, as getting anything higher than that is asking you to put hundreds of hours (not to mention getting lucky) to get, even if you boost like crazy for the gold medals.

• 1 month later...

Its a great mech game, but most people are turned off because they don't understand the game. That's what the manual is for, and you can simply ask people online for assistance most of the time.

Besides that, the only downfall of the game is that is sometimes takes a while to find human opponents online, but you can still versus computers in Neroimus war.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Chrome hounds is the Best mechstyle game i've ever played in my life, and considering i bought it used at EBgames for only $24.99 it's worth it, however allot of the Achievments are almost impossible to get cause of all the people fighting to be Number 1 in the whole game. Not to mention all the Valor Achievments, your going to get bored of the game before you even get halfway to getting a Valor medal in somthing.

My closest Valor is my soldier and it's level 42, i've put 125 hours into it.

The Game itself is only worth getting if you have Xbox live.