The Official Annex Thread - Discussion & Details Inside

Krazie

No details available on what exactly the game mode entails, but its said to be the favorite game mode of the people who have tested it out. It'll be included in a FREE update released soon. Rumors are that it is some sort of territory-based mode

---------------------------------------------

Epic Games has announced that a title update is coming soon as it is going through the certification process. A post in the official Gears of War forums revealed that the update will include a brand new multiplayer gametype:

The next title update for Gears of War is currently going through the certification process. We'll have more detail about the update next week but I can tell you that in addition to fixing a whole bunch of glitches, and providing 720p for VGA users running at 1280x1024, it will contain a brand new multiplayer gametype called Annex.

Some folks who got to play it a few weeks ago said they think it is our best multiplayer gametype yet but I'll leave it for you fans to decide what you think for yourself when it shows up soon on Xbox Live. More details next week.

As to what to expect from this new multiplayer game type, its name suggests it could be a territory based game mode.

Epic clarified it will be free.

-------------------------------------

Source: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13145/Gears-of-War-New-Update-and-Versus-Game-Type-Coming/

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new game mode would be cool but they better address the real issues and fix EVERY cheating glitch, and give us some sort of matchmaking system. Epic can throw all the free shit they want at us but I'll never be happy until these issues are resolved.

+1.

The amount of glitching that goes on now! I always play with at least 2 mates on ranked, being on the same team. If the other team weapon slide - we do and thats about as far as it goes. We like basically refuse to glitch other than weapon slide if the other team does it, may aswell fight back than let them have an unfair advantage.

The only time I glitch now (i.e. get out of the maps) is when its 7 of my school mates in a doss around match. ;)

I'm guessing that the Long Jump/Instant chainsaw glitch will be fixed (Webb edit: We don't tell people the glitches ;)) along with the under fuel depo. Wonder if they will do what the dev. team for CoD2 did, if you stand in an area you're not ment to be you die.

ANNEX:

1 : to attach as a quality, consequence, or condition

2 archaic : to join together materially : UNITE

3 : to add to something earlier, larger, or more important

4 : to incorporate (a country or other territory) within the domain of a state

5 : to obtain or take for oneself

Sounds like a King of the Hill or Territory gametype to me... And, there would have to be respawns incorporated, of course.

I also agree with the idea of if you go somewhere that you are not supposed to be, it either kills you or boots you from the game. That would be great.

Glitching because someone else is, is IMO just as bad. It's that "can't beat them, join them" attitude which is why the gamerscore leaderboard is topped by gamesavers!

Regarding the new game type = M'eh.... Bothered!

My thoughts exactly, why stoop to their low level? If it gets to a point that we're losing strictly because the other team is cheating, I simply end the game, file complaints, and start a new one.

I wish people would stop asking for achievements in player matches (they just want seriously... achievement), that achievement is kind of like a legit trophy for the people who already have it- it shouldn't lose its significance :grab

ANNEX:

1 : to attach as a quality, consequence, or condition

2 archaic : to join together materially : UNITE

3 : to add to something earlier, larger, or more important

4 : to incorporate (a country or other territory) within the domain of a state

5 : to obtain or take for oneself

Sounds like a King of the Hill or Territory gametype to me... And, there would have to be respawns incorporated, of course.

I also agree with the idea of if you go somewhere that you are not supposed to be, it either kills you or boots you from the game. That would be great.

It should have respawns. That will make it a whole lot better for territory. I mean if there weren't any spawns in territory the real objective would be to just kill the other team. Nothing different from the modes.