Kinect Fun Labs freezing on 4GB

CuddlyREDRUM

same problem on 250 gb slim after kinect fun labs update. tried clearing system cache and deleting and re-downloading kinect fun labs, also tried hard wiring xbox internet connection and resetting modem.

I think it is just another one of microsofts fuck ups and all of those that are affected just have to wait for them to hopefully fix it. If not then we can just say goodbye to kinect fun labs as that is usually their policy, if they can't easily fix a problem then they just tell the paying customer "too bad"

I read some thing that back in June the people were made aware of the error that 4GB users were having actually getting the other two applications to download. My guess is the most recent update was their attempt at a "fix", which just f'd it up worse for everyone. =/

There is a sort of work-around if you are getting the problem with the kinect fun labs blue screen freening. Keep in mind you are only able to play Avatar Kinect, Bobble Head and Build-A-Buddy, since Kinect Me and Googly Eyes are only accesible through the Kinect Fun Labs App.

What you do is this-

1. From the xbox dashboard, press the xbox guide button.

2. Go across to the games tab and select quickplay

3. If you Downloaded The Apps recently go across to "Latest Downloads" If not, then go across to "All"

4. Find the App you want to play, select it and it will work

Bit off topic here..

But how in earth do you play on a 4GB console? I thought that space was very low, can't even install the average game (6GB), I found it hard enough to cope with a 60GB console =/

Maybe if one already has a dead console they can take the other HDD and install it in the new slimmy?

All I know is I have a 124GB. Cheers.

Im having that problem too on my 360 250gb slim, does anyone have a solution for this? i've uninstalled every single Kinect Fun lab add-on as well the main app and still it freezes, anyone have a solution? or are we getting screw by M$?

Remove your HD and use a USB flash drive to play. After you download the 2 other free games, put back your HD. Go to memory and clear your cashe. Play Fun lab, but do not download the main update. From there you, you could play any game, but do download those gadgets to have time dates on the achievements. Plus, I did this wireless.

Remove your HD and use a USB flash drive to play. After you download the 2 other free games, put back your HD. Go to memory and clear your cashe. Play Fun lab, but do not download the main update. From there you, you could play any game, but do download those gadgets to have time dates on the achievements. Plus, I did this wireless.

All he has to do is download the gadgets without backing out. Don't put them as background DL's, select "Download Now" and touch nothing.

Perfect example right HERE

Well, that certainly sucks. Honestly, I've never had any issues when dealing with Microsoft; they always get things sorted out for me right away. What's weird is that I've seen several people with this same issue (getting charged processing fees but not being able to buy points) get help from MS, so I don't know why you're having so much trouble. Could have something to do with you being from a different region, I suppose. Whatever the reason, hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Well, that certainly sucks. Honestly, I've never had any issues when dealing with Microsoft; they always get things sorted out for me right away. What's weird is that I've seen several people with this same issue (getting charged processing fees but not being able to buy points) get help from MS, so I don't know why you're having so much trouble. Could have something to do with you being from a different region, I suppose. Whatever the reason, hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Nope, They have now refused to even try to look into the matter further.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Bit off topic here..

But how in earth do you play on a 4GB console? I thought that space was very low, can't even install the average game (6GB), I found it hard enough to cope with a 60GB console =/

I only use the 4gb flash memory to save game files, avatar clothes and use a 8 gb usb key for downloaded games.