Back to the homeland *spoilers*

II Mortis II

Before leaving Solstheim and heading back to Skyrim I wanted to make sure I hadn't left anything useful or generally decent behind.

A compiled list of unique items available in the Dragonborn DLC:

Special thanks to Buggss, Incinerator950 and UPR Captain

Unique items, weapons and armor

7 Black Books (Epistolary Acumen, Filament and Filigree, The Hidden Twilight, The Sallow Regent, The Winds of Change, Untold Legends, Waking Dreams)

Ahzidal's equipment (Helm, Body, Gloves, Boots and 2x rings acquired at different stages of the Unearthed questline)

Dethbrand's equipment (Helm, Body, Gloves, Boots and 2x Scimitar for completing the Dethbrand quest and treasure hunt)

Blackguard's armor (Hood, Body, Gloves and Boots for completing the quests for Glover Mallory the blacksmith in Raven Rock)

Bloodskaal blade (Acquired during main questline)

Hoarfrost pickaxe (Aquired after the battle in Kolbjorn barrow and completion of Unearthed quest)

Visage of Mzund (Treasure from a Dwemer ruin called Kagrumez)

Dwarven Black Bow of Fate (Treasure from a Dwemer ruin called Kagrumez)

Glass Bow of the Stag Prince (Only available from Falas Selvayn at the ramshackle trading post between 12-6am by misdirection pickpocketing. Cannot be changed from stolen status)

Horksbane (Found on Horker Island next to the body of a bandit)

Miraaks Sword (Acquired after finishing the main questline and looting Miraak's body)

Miraaks Staff (Acquired after finishing the main questline and looting Miraak's body)

Priest Masks

Zahkriisos (Acquired by defeating the priest in Bloodskaal Barrow)

Ahzidal (Acquired by looting the boss at the end of the Unearthed questline)

Dukaan (Acquired by beating the priest in White Ridge Sanctume)

Miraak (Acquired after completing the main questline and looting Miraak's body. You can also get his robes, boots and gloves)

Spells and Powers

3 words of the Cyclone shout (Acquired from Benkongerike, White Ridge Barrow and Kolbjorn Barrow)

3 words of the Bend Will shout (Acquired during main questline)

3 words of the Dragon Aspect shout (First word acquired during main questline in Miraak's temple, Second word acquired by completing "The Final Decent" quest, Third word acquired during the main quest)

3 words of the Battle Fury shout (Acquired by completing "Lost Legacy" quest)

Spell Tome: Conjure Seeker

Spell Tome: Conjure Ash Guardian

Spell Tome: Conjure Ash Spawn

Spell Tome: Ash rune

Spell Tome: Ash shell

Spell Tome: Poison rune

Spell Tome: Whirlwind cloak

(Spell tomes acquired from Apocrypha, completing quests given by Neloth and bought from residents of Tel Mithryn)

Summon Karstaag (Acquired after taking Karstaag's skull to his castle and defeating him)

Edited by II Mortis II
A clearer description of the thread's purpose

Kagrumez is a dwemer ruin that is basically a small automaton fighting arena/puzzle. There is a unique weapon and two potential pet followers here.

Glacial Cave has an item in it relating to Karstaag. Get this item then go to the castle karstaag place and fight karstaag. It is unrelated to the Briarheart quest.

Frossel has an East Emprie Pendent.

Other places - http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Places

Edited by UPR Captain

Kagrumez is a dwemer ruin that is basically a small automaton fighting arena/puzzle. There is a unique weapon and two potential pet followers here.

Glacial Cave has an item in it relating to Karstaag. Get this item then go to the castle karstaag place and fight karstaag. It is unrelated to the Briarheart quest.

I got some sort of stone for Kagrumez off the guy looking after the silt strider so I was gonna check that out next.

Do I need to open any quests before initiating a fight with Karstaag or picking up the item from Glacial Cave?

I got some sort of stone for Kagrumez off the guy looking after the silt strider so I was gonna check that out next.

Do I need to open any quests before initiating a fight with Karstaag or picking up the item from Glacial Cave?

Kagrumez is good fun, the one stone you have is added to 2 more you find (easily) when you enter and they'll get you 3/4 of the way through but you'll need one more (easiest is from the aqueduct in Nchardak).

Karstaag is an unmarked quest giving a power at the end (although a relatively disappointing one imo). Good fight though.

Kagrumez is good fun, the one stone you have is added to 2 more you find (easily) when you enter and they'll get you 3/4 of the way through but you'll need one more (easiest is from the aqueduct in Nchardak).

Karstaag is an unmarked quest giving a power at the end (although a relatively disappointing one imo). Good fight though.

I've been all around Nchardak before with Neloth during the main quest and I didn't find any resonance gems, could you be more specific on what it is I need to get and where to get it? Like I said I currently have 1 from Revus Sarvani the silt strider guy, you say there are 2 more in Kagrumez that are in obvious places and 1 can be found in an aqueduct?

I might do Karstaag first because the Kagrumez one sounds like I'm gonna have to go back into Nchardak.

*SO MANY WEIRD NAMES* :p

I've been all around Nchardak before with Neloth during the main quest and I didn't find any resonance gems, could you be more specific on what it is I need to get and where to get it? Like I said I currently have 1 from Revus Sarvani the silt strider guy, you say there are 2 more in Kagrumez that are in obvious places and 1 can be found in an aqueduct?

I might do Karstaag first because the Kagrumez one sounds like I'm gonna have to go back into Nchardak.

*SO MANY WEIRD NAMES* :p

Heh yeah, K, K, K, .... Know what you mean.

Ok;

**SPOILER**

In Nchardak when you reach the room in the aqueduct where Neloth offers/ed to watch a cube for you there are 2 rooms further to the east from him. One is opened simply by not moving the bridge levers when you enter the room, walking round the right side of the room and up the stairs. By using the 3 bridge lifting/lowering levers you can actually close the door to the room.

The other requires either a little creative jumping or a higher water lvl than I've seen but just north of where Neloth stands is a closed gate. By stepping onto a roof slightly further into that room and jumping round the wall you can reach that room too. Can't be certain which of the rooms it's in (I think the jumping one) but a 4th (of 5) resonance gem can be found.

I'm actually at the point I think I've done everything too. Only thing I've messed up is the unique werewolf items from the 4-man gang who sell to other werewolves, however luckily I hate all the beast forms so apart from a little completionist niggle I ain't fussed.

Heh yeah, K, K, K, .... Know what you mean.

Ok;

**SPOILER**

In Nchardak when you reach the room in the aqueduct where Neloth offers/ed to watch a cube for you there are 2 rooms further to the east from him. One is opened simply by not moving the bridge levers when you enter the room, walking round the right side of the room and up the stairs. By using the 3 bridge lifting/lowering levers you can actually close the door to the room.

The other requires either a little creative jumping or a higher water lvl than I've seen but just north of where Neloth stands is a closed gate. By stepping onto a roof slightly further into that room and jumping round the wall you can reach that room too. Can't be certain which of the rooms it's in (I think the jumping one) but a 4th (of 5) resonance gem can be found.

I'm actually at the point I think I've done everything too. Only thing I've messed up is the unique werewolf items from the 4-man gang who sell to other werewolves, however luckily I hate all the beast forms so apart from a little completionist niggle I ain't fussed.

Nice one cheers, I'm in the process of making my way back through now, so hopefully if it doesn't take me too long I will be able to grab these gems, get the last loose ends tied up and head back to Skyrim before tomorrow :p

Well, it's past midnight already but you know what I mean ha :)

Yeah you're not missing out on much with the Werewolf bloke, few unique rings that aid your beast form, most of which have dull perks and seeing as you can only wear 1 ring at a time, pretty useless tbh.

This DLC has taken me a lot longer than I expected it would, a couple of times I thought I'd finished but there was still more I could do.

(EDIT)

Found the gem in Nchardak on the floor in the chamber, I think it was knocked on the floor during the fight with the dwarven machine in that room took me ages to find it lol :p

Edited by II Mortis II

....(EDIT)

Found the gem in Nchardak on the floor in the chamber, I think it was knocked on the floor during the fight with the dwarven machine in that room took me ages to find it lol :p

So it was the more northerly room then, good to know the old noggin's still working in old age. :D

One of the other Ruins has a Unique Dwemer Helmet (doesn't look unique). It has as much AR as Konahrik, tying for the largest head defense in the game. Also, spoil unique pets for me because I've only found the one Resonance Gem.

One of the other Ruins has a Unique Dwemer Helmet (doesn't look unique). It has as much AR as Konahrik, tying for the largest head defense in the game. Also, spoil unique pets for me because I've only found the one Resonance Gem.

Yeah the helm is pretty cool but it's a right pain to get to it, took me a while and considering it looks just like a normal dwarven helmet I doubt I will ever use it.

Also, the thread had *Spoilers* in the title so you should have expected something like that :)

.....Also, the thread had *Spoilers* in the title so you should have expected something like that :)

Nah think inc meant he WANTED us to spoil unique pets as he's only got one gem and wants to know what they are. So.....

**Spoiler warning** (Just in case.)

..... Also, spoil unique pets for me because I've only found the one Resonance Gem.

They're nothing much special, just a dwemer spider or a rolling ball thing that will follow you about and return to their slots if you tell them too.

Also the Visage of Mzund is only a steam +60 helm with a steam cone attack power, pretty naff really. The ruin itself is pretty fun though. Nice steam puzzle.

Edited by buggss

Nah think inc meant he WANTED us to spoil unique pets as he's only got one gem and wants to know what they are. So.....

**Spoiler warning** (Just in case.)

They're nothing much special, just a dwemer spider or a rolling ball thing that will follow you about and return to their slots if you tell them too.

Also the Visage of Mzund is only a steam +60 helm with a steam cone attack power, pretty naff really. The ruin itself is pretty fun though. Nice steam puzzle.

I chose the sphere all it does is hiss.. does it have any other uses? I seem to remember somebody saying something about your adopted children bringing home pets but I haven't installed Hearthfire..

At the moment I have just told it to "Wait here" in the Raven Rock home.

Is this the first appearance of pets or are there any back in the main game? (Excluding Hearthfire)

Also I think the only thing I have left to do is summon Kaarstaag now, I have just picked up the pet, the Visage of Mzund and the Dwarven Black Bow, as well as the stuff I listed above...

Edited by II Mortis II

So to compile a list of items to aquire.

7 Black Books

Ahzidal's equipment (Helm, Body, Gloves, Boots, 2x rings and a mask)

Dethbrand's equipment (Helm, Body, Gloves, Boots and 2x Scimitar)

Blackguard's armor (Hood, Body, Gloves and Boots)

Bloodskaal blade

Hoarfrost pickaxe

Visage of Mzund

Dwarven Black Bow of Fate

Glass Bow of the Stag Prince :locked

Horksbane :locked

Spells and Powers

3 words of the Cyclone shout

3 words of the Bend Will shout

3 words of the Dragon Aspect shout

Spell Tome: Conjure Seeker

Spell Tome: Conjure Ash Guardian

Spell Tome: Conjure Ash Spawn

Spell Tome: Banish Daedra

Spell Tome: Command Daedra

Spell Tome: Flame Thrall

Summon Karstaag :locked

Did I miss anything?

Banish & Command Daedra were available before in the main game, as were all the thrall spells. However you can now get a few other spells:

Ash rune

Ash shell

Poison rune (in restoration for some reason)

Whirlwind cloak

As well as the ash ones you mentioned. Apart from those your list looks pretty complete if you add the dragon priest element spell damage boost masks.

I like the new Priest Masks, minus Miraak's gear. His sword is awesome and does more damage then Chillrend, but the novelty tentacle is the only thing good. I haven't been down there, but I would love to be able to take those Dwemer constructs back to Skyrim and put them as a pet for my kids. My other daughter cannot for her life find one after the first one. Also, I should go see where this Hoarfrost is, chances are I missed it.

Right I have updated the original post, If I have missed anything off the list let me know and I'll add it. Also my memory isn't too great and a lot of the items listed I forget where to acquire :p

I like the new Priest Masks, minus Miraak's gear. His sword is awesome and does more damage then Chillrend, but the novelty tentacle is the only thing good. I haven't been down there, but I would love to be able to take those Dwemer constructs back to Skyrim and put them as a pet for my kids. My other daughter cannot for her life find one after the first one. Also, I should go see where this Hoarfrost is, chances are I missed it.

Hoarfrost is the pickaxe that Ralis Sedarys uses (the Kolbjorn Barrow guy)

I told him at the end "you can't get away with this" and he ended up attacking me, which of course he died for and I looted it off his body.

Edited by II Mortis II

In the Skaal village there is a character who will give you the quest Lost Legacy. In that quest you can find all three words to another shout called Battle Fury, which increases followers' attack speed. There's also a dragon priest there named Vahlok but he has no mask.

Thanks Komrade Vasilevsky, added it to the list :)

• 1 month later...
For the glass bow of the stag prince add something like:

(Only available from Falas Selvayn at the ramshackle trading post between 12-6am by misdirection pickpocketing. Cannot be changed from stolen status)

Quite an awkward one to get.

Actualy you can clear the stolen status, which Ive tested 3 times on xbox. First, pickpocket the bow from Falas, then buy his stuff from his trader so he has about 4200 gold on him (cost of the bow) then sell him his bow and buy it back , then sell his stuff back to him so u dont lose anyting on the sell and buy back. Presto stolen tag gone . I had no success on any other merchant I tried so it was a last try kinda thing with Falas :) /facepalm lol :Bounce:

Actualy you can clear the stolen status, which Ive tested 3 times on xbox. First, pickpocket the bow from Falas, then buy his stuff from his trader so he has about 4200 gold on him (cost of the bow) then sell him his bow and buy it back , then sell his stuff back to him so u dont lose anyting on the sell and buy back. Presto stolen tag gone . I had no success on any other merchant I tried so it was a last try kinda thing with Falas :) /facepalm lol :Bounce:

Weird, he's the only trader who buys something you've stolen from him then.

Handy to know. :)