Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' Guaranteed Orange weapon Achievment Guide

deathmule

this video will show you how to get all 5 legendary weapons to get the Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' achievement/trophy. i had a lot of problems getting this achievement until i found a way to get legendary (Orange) weapons from a chest Guaranteed every time. there is a lot of confusion about this achievement/trophy. this video is Guaranteed to get you this achievement/trophy and clear up the confusion about this achievement/trophy. just follow the video instruction and you will unlock this achievement/trophy :uzi: :locked

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipf9ADMMwyk]Dead Island Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' Guaranteed Orange weapon Achievment Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by deathmule

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have to leave your xbox on for 25 hours to do this

yes unless you got a orange weapon from a chest from playing through the game. i didnt get one orange weapon though 3 playthoughs so i had to wait 5 hours per weapon but that beats the hell out of fast traveling to reload chests to hope to get luck. o i did that for 2 hours with out getting one orange weapon :eek: with this i just turn on my xbox and wait for my orange weapon :drunk

you have to do this. do not wait 25 hours. you have to grab the weapon every 5 hours. 25 hours will not give you 5 orange weapons

I think ofay is getting at the hazards of leaving an old xbox on for 25 hours. What I meant in my reply is that it looks like you don't need to get all 5 orange weapons back to back for 25 hours straight. You can wait 5 hours get the orange weapon then shut down if you wanted to and comeback later to do it again.

I just wanna say, as you guys are arguing this fact, I just got a Orange Police Baton. So, guess that makes 8 weapons so far?

What are you getting at?

To the OP: have you tried it with other characters instead of Purna? Or do you need that jackpot skill for it to work? Reason I'm asking is cause I've been trying to get some level 50 orange weapons and I haven't played through as Purna.

Eh, all I'm getting at is it's easier to play the game and get the items than complain about items not dropping in a thread.

I dunno, I'm thinking too much, I need to not do that...

Ah I'm with you there. I played with 3 partners and 3 of us got the achievement by the end of Act III. I don't get all the complaining to be honest. I've probably found 15+ orange weapons in total, and I'm playing as Sam B with no skill to increase my odds.

Eh, all I'm getting at is it's easier to play the game and get the items than complain about items not dropping in a thread.

I dunno, I'm thinking too much, I need to not do that...

there are people that played the game 3 playthoughs and didnt find one. there are also people that got the achievement in act 2 with no problem. the video is for the unlucky people like me :p

What are you getting at?

To the OP: have you tried it with other characters instead of Purna? Or do you need that jackpot skill for it to work? Reason I'm asking is cause I've been trying to get some level 50 orange weapons and I haven't played through as Purna.

i haven't tried it with the others but you can try it. let me know if it works

Oh wow, this works. Thanks, I didn't think I would ever be able to get this last achievement.

I used Sam B. for this. I fast traveled to the church and stood on the upper balcony for 5 hours and fast traveled to the bunker.

Oh wow, this works. Thanks, I didn't think I would ever be able to get this last achievement.

I used Sam B. for this. I fast traveled to the church and stood on the upper balcony for 5 hours and fast traveled to the bunker.

great news :drunki dont think i was going to get it ether. i had very bad luck with the chests in this game

It could've been a contraction, like "math is not your strong suit is it" or, in case you didn't realize, in Europe it is called "maths"

No he is correct, should have been "math is not your strong suit is it good sir" but I tried to make it funnier by using basic Internet lingo of adding an s when not needed since he didn't realize that 5 items with a 5 hour gap each equals 25 hours of your xbox sitting on and doing nothing

Anyone else confirm this works?even once?

That guy did.

Or just get 5 random weapons to drop, it's not really that hard...hell, I got it done midway through Act 3.

This.

I have found at least 12 orange weapons, both from crates and from dead bodies, either ones already there or people I've killed. I am Sam B and I was level 34-50 when I found them all. Everyone else I know has trouble finding them, but I found them so many times. I found all 5 in the same playthrough with the same exact character, before playthrough 2!

Maybe I'm just lucky. :p

No he is correct, should have been "math is not your strong suit is it good sir" but I tried to make it funnier by using basic Internet lingo of adding an s when not needed since he didn't realize that 5 items with a 5 hour gap each equals 25 hours of your xbox sitting on and doing nothing

did i really need to comfirm to you that 5x5 is 25? but after seeing "maths" maybe i should have

This doesn't seem so practical though, and I also just got this without this method. I think what I'm trying to say is, if you want this be dedicated and go mash some zombie heads in. I understand how this can be helpful, but burning your Xbox for that long, not to mention the cost of running the electricity for that period, just seems impractical.