Freezing Advice

So I downloaded this game through Games for Gold, fired it up for the first time today, and I have a problem: Any time I try to "Build" anything in my starter city, the game freezes completely so I have to press the power button and try again. I've tried it as the Americans and Germans on multiple turns and so far, no matter what I do or what I try to build, it freezes.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Any advice on how to fix it?

-KellanS

I deleted the game and re-downloaded it. Now, before I start each game it gives me a speech, and when tutorials pop up there's a professor-looking dude that babbles gibberish, but everything else (freezing issues) are the same. This seems like a great game, but it's really annoying that I can't ever play through it. Maybe I'll try re-downloading again tonight when the download won't get interrupted.

Edited by KellanS
Afterthought

Are you playing a single player game or online. I had the disc version first and had no real problems. When the game came up for free I downloaded it and have had problems with online game matching. Friends I play with on several other games can't connect or the game will start and shortly thereafter it will say you have been either disconnected or kicked. I don't know if this is because the servers weren't ready for the spike in users or if this game (2008 I think) just needs a patch or something.

• 3 months later...