Work of Westernesse

I'm currently on my second play-through and I have the "Work of Westernesse" side quest which involves me collecting three artifacts.

I remember having this whilst on my first play-through and having it completed by the time I got to Rivendell due to the fact that I get the blacksmith to create me a new weapon.

Now, I got to Rivendell but I only had 2 out of 3 artifacts picked up and I can't remember where I got the other(s) during my first play-through.

I always make sure to break every box I see and even double check to make sure I haven't missed any so I'm baffled at why I only have 2 this run.

Basically, does anyone know whether these said artifacts are contained in certain boxes/drop from a certain enemy, or whether they drop randomly?

I'm currently running through Fornost again but haven't had any luck!

I'm currently on my second play-through and I have the "Work of Westernesse" side quest which involves me collecting three artifacts.

I remember having this whilst on my first play-through and having it completed by the time I got to Rivendell due to the fact that I get the blacksmith to create me a new weapon.

Now, I got to Rivendell but I only had 2 out of 3 artifacts picked up and I can't remember where I got the other(s) during my first play-through.

I always make sure to break every box I see and even double check to make sure I haven't missed any so I'm baffled at why I only have 2 this run.

Basically, does anyone know whether these said artifacts are contained in certain boxes/drop from a certain enemy, or whether they drop randomly?

I'm currently running through Fornost again but haven't had any luck!

From what I could tell, it is random... The first play through I didn't get all 3, despite breaking everything like you said. I was so anal retentive about it.

Now, on my second play through, I got the 3 items half way through Fornost... so yeah.... I think it's either random or glitched... sorry mate!

Yep, its completely random when these appear. Although it does seem to happen alot faster when playing with more players. Technically they should all appear on the level where the quest was first activated, but if they dont, you can keep playing the same area until you unlock them all.