A tip for those still playing

venompimp10

Kills still count towards achievements even if you have less than 3 on your team or opposing team. I found this out today as one of my weapon achievements popped when it was just me and one other player on my team. I know they count too because 90% of matches I play people end up quiting out. Also, it counts if you still need other achievements like don't hate the player and win 10 matches without losing a round.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Kills still count towards achievements even if you have less than 3 on your team or opposing team. I found this out today as one of my weapon achievements popped when it was just me and one other player on my team. I know they count too because 90% of matches I play people end up quiting out. Also, it counts if you still need other achievements like don't hate the player and win 10 matches without losing a round.

This is true. You can pop the weapons achievements and other achievements while playing with less than 6 people.

You must start with 6 but you dont need to end the game with 6.

Don't expect Seriously to pop at 10,000 kills with that method.

Dont expect to pop it at all with less than 6 people playing and finishing the match. When you drop below 6 players during a game, all kills earned in that game do not count towards Seriously 1.0.

• 3 weeks later...
This is true. You can pop the weapons achievements and other achievements while playing with less than 6 people.

You must start with 6 but you dont need to end the game with 6.

Dont expect to pop it at all with less than 6 people playing and finishing the match. When you drop below 6 players during a game, all kills earned in that game do not count towards Seriously 1.0.

Is this confirmed? Or just what the majority of people believe? Because if so, I doubt half my kills count. People love to rage quit in this game.

Is this confirmed? Or just what the majority of people believe? Because if so, I doubt half my kills count. People love to rage quit in this game.

Not only is it confirmed, it is etched in stone.

Seriously 1.0 WILL pop at 10,000 kills but they must be LEGAL kills.

Drop below 6 people, kills count for achievements but not for Seriously 1.0. To make a long story short, I play with a bunch of retired guys, after we finished G3 and Judgment we decided to go back and finish G2 and G1.

Gears 2 was no problem. It did not take any ware near the time G3 did. Yes, most of what we did would be considered boosting.

The we went to Gears 1.

We read in the forums about Seriously 1.0 not popping when it was supposed to. What we did, is we boosted it and kept track in EXCEL of how many LEGAL kills we earned. We did not count any kills where someone’s box lagged out and dropped the team player total to less than 6.

The first guy in our group to finish had a total of 10,012 LEGAL kills. The extra 12 kills were most likely a book keeping error. I don’t remember exactly what his, posted on the leader board kill total was, but is was more than 11,000.

Most of us only play Warzone, on Gridlock. Nothing else. This way we can keep track of all of our kills because they are in one place on the leader boards. Any kill we get here is a LEGAL kill as long as we have a minimum of 6 boxes on line.

Not to put to fine a point on it……..

I do not know nor do I care if stolen kills count towards Seriously. When we boost there aren’t any kills stolen. You are doing all the shooting on your side of the map alone.

I do not care about Annex not counting. We don’t play Annex except off line, never have, never will.

I don’t care about randoms rage quitting. We don’t have any randoms and the only rage I have is when I spill a Pepsi on my controller.

This is what we do……

6 boxes – 2 players war zone method = 96 kills per hour

This is what we use most. Hard to get 8 boxes on line with only 2 players.

8 boxes – 2 players war zone method = 144 kills per hour.

I once played 8 ½ hours straight thru using this method and earned 1,217 kills.

6 boxes – 2 players, war machine, suicide boost = 96 kills in (about) 36 minutes

I don’t care for this method, to much running around, bumping into things and sticking to walls. Epic really should have used a Teflon based non stick paint on the walls.

Take your pick.

If you are serious about Seriously 1, I would suggest you not play on line.

some handy info here. Thanks everyone!

Let me give you some more handy info.

I like the warzone / Gridlock method because it is by far, the least complicated method to boost. While there is a bit of running to reach the other spawn, no one gets in your way, you do not have to meet up with anyone else to get kills and you know exactly how many kills you are going to get for the effort you expend.

But, do not boost the Gridlock method with 6 people.

As you know, everyone wants a turn to earn kills. You have 6 boxes and 2 people shooting. You get 96 kills an hour.

When you have 6 boxes and 6 people, (3 on each side) everyone wants a turn to collect kills. So you are only shooting 1/3 of the time you would normally shoot if it was just you and one other player.

You and one other person with 6 boxes = 96 kills an hour.

You and 5 other players with a total of 6 boxes = 33 kills an hour.

Having 6 players and 6 boxes is not worth the effort. If you have that many players, it is better to suicide boost.

Edited by Bushee Brow

96 kills an hour? That's nothing! At that speed I'll be done boosting in 104 hours!

Not worth my time. :mad:

True. 96 kills an hour is nothing to write home about. This is about 60% of what you can get when you are suicide boosting but the advantage is you don’t have to run around the board looking for your assigned opposite player to kill.

I have been in suicide boosting matches that ended badly when a couple players had an argument about who was supposed to kill whom, where and when. Both started hunting each other down with shotguns and broke up the match. When one of them raged quit, we dropped below 6 and the whole team lost a bunch of kills.

I don’t need to put up with that.

I don’t mind the extra hours of play time using the Warzone / Gridlock method. I am retired and have nothing but time on my hands to play. The extra hours needed to use this method, more than make up for the crapola you don’t have to put up from other jerk people.

It is you and another person. That’s it.

You said it was confirmed. Do you have a link where I could read that? Ty.

I did see a link in one of the threads that led me to a page where it explained why Annex kills do not count (Annex was a game add on) and also why below 6 players do not count. I searched the threads but did not come up with the link.

So with that said, here is your proof from post #6

We read in the forums about Seriously 1.0 not popping when it was supposed to. What we did, is we boosted it and kept track in EXCEL of how many LEGAL kills we earned. We did not count any kills where someone’s box lagged out and dropped the team player total to less than 6.

The first guy in our group to finish had a total of 10,012 LEGAL kills. The extra 12 kills were most likely a book keeping error. I don’t remember exactly what his, posted on the leader board kill total was, but is was more than 11,000.

Captain, you can play the game all you want with 6 or 8 people. During that game you may get 5 kills or 500. If people rage quit or disconnect for some reason your 5 to 500 kills for that game will not count. I have about 7,500 LEGAL. This total does not count kills where we, as a boosting team, dropped below 6 people. I expect to unlock Seriously 1.0 at or around 10,000 LEGAL as one of my friends did. I expect my kill total on the leader boards to be between 11,000 and 11,500. I know this is going to happen. All of my kills and my friend’s kills have been boosted and we have kept records of our totals.

If I find the link I will post it but for now, that is the way it is.

I did see a link in one of the threads that led me to a page where it explained why Annex kills do not count (Annex was a game add on) and also why below 6 players do not count. I searched the threads but did not come up with the link.

So with that said, here is your proof from post #6

Captain, you can play the game all you want with 6 or 8 people. During that game you may get 5 kills or 500. If people rage quit or disconnect for some reason your 5 to 500 kills for that game will not count. I have about 7,500 LEGAL. This total does not count kills where we, as a boosting team, dropped below 6 people. I expect to unlock Seriously 1.0 at or around 10,000 LEGAL as one of my friends did. I expect my kill total on the leader boards to be between 11,000 and 11,500. I know this is going to happen. All of my kills and my friend’s kills have been boosted and we have kept records of our totals.

If I find the link I will post it but for now, that is the way it is.

Wait, so not only do your kills not count when a team drops below 3 players, but NONE of the kills for that entire match count?! Because I'll play a 15 minute match, and in the last round several people quit because they're too impatient to wait around for the end screen. If this is true, I doubt many of my 7,000 kills count. I very rarely finish a match with 6 players. The community in this game is terrible and love to quit.

Wait, so not only do your kills not count when a team drops below 3 players, but NONE of the kills for that entire match count?!

I am afraid that is correct.

Not only that, it is not 3 PLAYERS, but 6 players, or I should say 6 X-Boxes. You can start and play the game with 2 people but you must have 6 X-boxes on line, 3 for each person.

Let us say......

You start a match with 8 people, 4 on a side. You play along and one of them quit. You are down to 7 people, no big deal. Another quits, you are down to 6,that is fine.

But if one more person quits, dropping you below 6 people, no matter how far you are into the game, none of your kills, that you have earned thru the entire game, count towards Seriously 1.0

Because I'll play a 15 minute match, and in the last round several people quit because they're too impatient to wait around for the end screen. If this is true, I doubt many of my 7,000 kills count.

That is true.

If you drop below 6 players / 6 X-boxes on line, you are, as they say in Mexico.....

El Toasto!

If you do not see the end screen, while 6 players are still on line, none of the kills count towards Seriously 1.0.

They count on the Leader Boards, and towards your weapons kills (if needed) but that is it.

If you are serious about Seriously1.0, boost, dont play on line with randoms.

Edited by Bushee Brow

You said it was confirmed. Do you have a link where I could read that? Ty.

In this note he is talking about the host or you quitting.

It says nothing about dropping below 6 people but I have seen the ''6 people thing'' mentioned in a thread. I will post that link when I find it.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4786/markvt1.png

Edited by Bushee Brow

As of yesterday, another person in our Gears 1 boosting group earned Seriously1.0.

His kill total was 10,004 legal kills.

His posted on the leader board kill total was 11,126.

• 2 weeks later...

I played the game legitimately and earned all of my achievements in public ranked Execution matches and "Seriously.." unlocked at 10,762 kills. Keep in mind that I quit matches where there were less than 6 people remaining. However, if the match was about to be over,, I stayed until the end. That may be the reasoning behind the extra 762 kills or that the achievement is somewhat glitched. I also only hosted 50 matches for the "Series of Tubes" achievement.

• 4 weeks later...
i'm about more than 11 000 kills and still not get this achievement :/

totally waste of time when most of players, quit after one round :uzi:

so, if a start a match, but more than 2 players quit, it's better to stop the game ?

Depends on how much of a butthead you are. Most people are there to play, not to get Seriously. So if you end the match early, it's annoying for the remaining players.