UV Junker (Hardcore)

Michael Fautley

Hello all,

I am currently on my first play through on Gears of War and I am stuck on the UV Junker on Hardcore. (I skipped Causal because the title update lets me stack the achievements, I also confirmed this after finishing Act 1 as the achievements popped for Casual and Hardcore.)

I have tried to get alone the freeway in the UV Junker about 5 times now and I always seem to get on the last stretch and keep getting swarmed by the Kyrl. I take it slow and as soon as the gas station attendent shouts out that they are coming, I instantly change to the UV Gun and take them down as quick as I possibly can. I get most of them and I have a few Kyrl left that just stay so close to the Junker that I can't get them with the UV Gun.

Does anyone have any advice or tips they could give me to complete this. I am currently offline due to having my internet cut off so I am having to do this in single player.

Also does anyone know if I can select split-screen and load the part that I am on or does it start a whole new campaign.

Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if you have already completed this section by now. However it is one of the harder parts of the entire game I would say.

The trick to this part is knowing from where the krylls attack. They do the same thing every time as far as I remember. If you know this you can kill most of them before they can even hurt you. Also one thing that many gamers miss is that you can just haul ass in the second part of the track. The kryll will not catch up with the Junker (they will be close behind and you can't afford to get stuck though.)

Hope this helped. :)

Edited by Reggiez

• 6 months later...
Don't know if you have already completed this section by now. However it is one of the harder parts of the entire game I would say.

The trick to this part is knowing from where the kryll's attack. They do the same thing every time as far as I remember. If you know this you can kill most of them before they can even hurt you. Also one thing that many gamers miss is that you can just haul ass in the second part of the track. The kryll will not catch up with the Junker (they will be close behind and you can't afford to get stuck though.

Thanks for the information, I know Michael Fautley personally and will let him know. He has been complaining for weeks about this and hopefully this will help. I will also tell him to get back on-line soon as he just lazy and wont look on here even after referring me to the site.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The trick to this part is knowing from where the krylls attack. They do the same thing every time as far as I remember. If you know this you can kill most of them before they can even hurt you. Also one thing that many gamers miss is that you can just haul ass in the second part of the track. The kryll will not catch up with the Junker (they will be close behind and you can't afford to get stuck though.)

I wish I would've see this a couple of weeks back! Me and my buddy were playing co-op and man, it was tough! Good solution though.