FAQs

highpass

This is a new feature on the forums. The staff are going around tidying the clutter and making sure x360a is the one stop shop for all your 360 needs.

The FAQ threads are where we need your help! What do you think are the most commonly asked questions about this game? Which threads keep popping up? What things do you wish you had been told when you first got this game?

Post in this thread and we'll edit the top post.

Thanks for your help.

General

1. Kills in Annex do not count towards weapon-related achievements or Seriously.
  2. You can join someone in co-op who has Insane Mode unlocked and get all three levels of the story mode achievements, as well as the Dom achievements at the same time. You can also collect the COG tags this way.

Weapon Achievements

1. Cluster Luck can be attained in both single or multiplayer gametypes.
  2. I Spy with My Little Eye (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with the Longshot) "Sniper Kills" & The Money Shot (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with a headshot) "Headshots" can be done at the same time using the Longshot, there is no need to down first to see the Longshot icon
  3. Capital Punishment (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with an execution) "Executions" can be done easiest by downing the opponent (by shooting or melee) with any weapon and then pressing the B button to melee
  4. Pistolero (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with a pistol) "Pistol kills" you will need to be away from your opponent for this to count as a "Pistol kill" or else it will be an Execution if you are too close
  5. Is It a Spider (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with grenade tag) "F®ag tags" only count once for each time you tag an opponent, even if you get multiple kills with the same grenade
  6. Torque Bow/Hammer of Dawn/Boomshot kills count as multiple kills in ranked matches with the same arrow/burst/shell

New DLC

1. Hidden Fronts and Annex Achievements can be attained in any multiplayer type (Player, Ranked, Local, etc).

Contributors: Smokez, The Pants Party, SteelerXBox360, aswipe21.

• 3 months later...

Either you're lying or your friend is. Taken directly from gearsofwar.com:

How does Annex affect gaining achievements?

Due to the addition of infinite respawns, any kills in Annex won’t count towards kill-based achievements like “Seriously…” and “The Nuge.” Since Annex is a new additional gametype, you will not need to play Annex to be granted “Mix It Up.” The basic multiplayer achievements like “Always Remember Your First” are still achievable in Annex.

So no, it neither counts toward weapon achievements nor "Seriously..."

• 4 months later...
Either you're lying or your friend is. Taken directly from gearsofwar.com:

How does Annex affect gaining achievements?

Due to the addition of infinite respawns, any kills in Annex won’t count towards kill-based achievements like “Seriously…” and “The Nuge.” Since Annex is a new additional gametype, you will not need to play Annex to be granted “Mix It Up.” The basic multiplayer achievements like “Always Remember Your First” are still achievable in Annex.

So no, it neither counts toward weapon achievements nor "Seriously..."

which sucks cause i have a hit load of stuff in annex.. even though i got all of the achievements before annex even came out i think it is gay cause a lot of my friends jound XBL after the update

So if and opponent is down when u kill them with a weapon like pistol, longshot, boomshot, and torqbow they count towards the weapon achievements? just curious.

Yes, as long as they don't leave before the match is over. Note: Distinct difference between match and round.

alright thanks alot i also have one more question can these weapon achievements and others be obtained while hosting? i heard that you cant get them as host.

You can get the achievment while hosting. Same criteria as before, must stay till the end of the match.

okay i know that this might sound noobish but i serioulsy want to know. what do you do in an achievement match in gears of war. just recently i entered a 1 round 1 min match at rooftops. they told me it was an achievement match and they started it. i just stood there confused not knowing what to do so i just went and killed them all. at the ened of the round they were all mad at me but i didn't know what i did.:(

okay i know that this might sound noobish but i serioulsy want to know. what do you do in an achievement match in gears of war. just recently i entered a 1 round 1 min match at rooftops. they told me it was an achievement match and they started it. i just stood there confused not knowing what to do so i just went and killed them all. at the ened of the round they were all mad at me but i didn't know what i did.:(

Wow, you're an ass hole. Sorry, but what you did was pretty fucked up. First rule is do not kill the last guy! Second would be to wait your turn. I'm going to assume they all had mics, you have to talk to them and ask who is going first, second, third... On rooftops, proceed directly to the center of the map, stopping before climbing up to the torque bow. If it is your turn for kills, climb up and look for the other team. Let one of them pass you to kill your teammates and kill his teammates. If it isn't your turn, just hang out and let the enemy kill you. Tag the last guy that killed your teammates with a smoke grenade if you can. It's amusing to do when you first start out boosting.

Wow, you're an ass hole. Sorry, but what you did was pretty fucked up. First rule is do not kill the last guy! Second would be to wait your turn. I'm going to assume they all had mics, you have to talk to them and ask who is going first, second, third... On rooftops, proceed directly to the center of the map, stopping before climbing up to the torque bow. If it is your turn for kills, climb up and look for the other team. Let one of them pass you to kill your teammates and kill his teammates. If it isn't your turn, just hang out and let the enemy kill you. Tag the last guy that killed your teammates with a smoke grenade if you can. It's amusing to do when you first start out boosting.

yeah i guess that was really messed up but at least i know what to do the next time i join an achievment match:woop:

Can someone give me some definitive clarity on the effects of early quitters on my kill acheivements.

Its probably just me being an utter idiot but I'm not sure I'm getting it!

I'm forever having people quit early in the ranked matches I attend and I'm never sure what effect its having!

For example - I was told that kills don't count if the players present drops below 6. Is this true? And if so, is it 6 remaining players of any combination or do they have to be 3 each team?

It seems to imply above that the kill won't count if the specific player you got the kill on leaves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If the host quits in an annex match, do the completed rounds still go towards "Inconceivable!" and/or "NuB Pwn3r"? For instance, I was just in a ranked annex match and won the first round by 3 points. Then, in the next round, after my team took a point, the host left. Does the first round disappear?

Sorry if this question is obvious or has been answered... I'm new :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This question might sound fubar, but I've searched all other GOW forums and no one talks about the possibility of getting achievements for the PC version if you already have achievements on the 360 version. Can you?

The 360 and the PC game are completely separate lists. Achievement-wise, the two are completely different games.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...