Achievement Discussion

JuSt BLaZe

Kinda a letdown that its only 12 achievements. Though I am super happy I can finally play it on a current gen systems. Been playing this on my Gamecube for a while (best Gamecube exclusive game, well at least until they ported it)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completing Mercenaries was ridiculously fun though.

UGH this achievement list irritates me. As much as I love and worship this game it's probably not going to be a day 1 purchase with the shallow achievements.

Even pro mode will be easy for me because I already beat the game on that setting on the PS2.

I believe Pro-mode on the PS2 version was easier than the Gamecube version. You may be in for a surprise.

Speaking of, this better be a port of the Gamecube version :mad:

Edited by Veedrock

Very disappointing. At the very least they should have had 3 more achievements for:

- Completing mercenaries with all characters (even if not all stars)

- Purchasing all weapons (PRL does wonders for speed runs)

- Finding all treasures

I personally like killing the wolverines using only the knife, but that would have only been possibly there if there were 50 achievements.

This list leaves me wanting a re-re-re-release with a worthy one.

dissapointed. usually capcom give out some tricky achievments(dead rising 1 & 2) but this is kinda pathetic tbh. probably not a day 1 buy for me now.

I wanted something in the line of dead space 2. Or complet the game without using a typewriter...on profesional.

Will get it sometime down the line, loads of other games coming out.

and for 1600 points each, I think i'll wait till it goes on sale.

Edited by Jazman

• 2 weeks later...
Very disappointing. At the very least they should have had 3 more achievements for:

- Completing mercenaries with all characters (even if not all stars)

- Purchasing all weapons (PRL does wonders for speed runs)

- Finding all treasures

I personally like killing the wolverines using only the knife, but that would have only been possibly there if there were 50 achievements.

This list leaves me wanting a re-re-re-release with a worthy one.

I agree, my first thought when I heard about the xbox remake was the mercs... imagined there would be an achievement for unlocking the handcannon...

12 achievements just seems lazy... 2 runs of the game plus the ada side stuff.. and that's it...

no knife only runs, speed runs, all treasures, all weapons, an all weapons one would cover the mercs in the same way that all costumes covers the ada side stories... Im just upset at all the opportunity they had to make quality achievements for my favorite game.

I wanted achievements that would make me buy the stupid mine thrower.. something to make me feel I needed to play through mercs countless times again...

would be cool if they at least include some sort of leaderboard for the mercs..

here's hoping (not counting on it) that we'll see some dlc or something to spice it up for those of us not new to the game..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I pretty much find the achievements and the game a waste of my time. I mean I played the game many times before and it's the same game. All that is changed is HD graphics. Booorriiing! Thankfully, no avatar awards or Avatar Marketplace will be featured, either. I am going to pass on this game. Don't need it, anyway.

I tolerate your point/post but IMO it's not really a waste of time since the achievements are really easy. Besides you can enjoy it more without having such difficult ones.

It would be a waste of time if there is a achievement like "PLAY THE GAME ONLINE 1 YEAR AFTER YOUR FIRST TIME" or "KILL 100.000 GANADOS". :p

i can confirm, you dont have to shoot the bell, the achievement automatically unlocks when you get to that part of the story.

Yeah just unlocked it too haha, by simply triggering the cutscene with the chainsaw guy. Went upstairs and everytime he tried to climb up the ladder I kicked it down. Then after the second scene I jumped out the window, gathered enough Ganados together used 1-2 grenades and baaam job done. Bell ring was faster than I thought.

its the american version, but as soon as i press new game or whatever, it just heads straight into the game, no EASY or NORMAL choice.

Hmmm...that's really strange. Well guess we have to play through the entire game to see for all the UNLOCKABLES.

Talking about SEPERATE WAYS, CLOTHES etc.

Hope they didn't change much.

Collect all Bottle Caps!

Find all treasure, including a treasure that's been combined with another treasure.

Upgrade all weapons.

Upgrade Leon's Health to its max... etc.

...and of course, I am sure they'll add an achievement worth 5G for making Ashley call you a pervert.

Aha, I remember that.

Can Capcom put a straight fifty Achieve count for this? Disappointed to only see 12, like it was treated as an Arcade release. Glad to see 1K, though.

Just want to make my point here & don't want to start a new thread, cause I'm sick & tired of the "Cheevo Disappointment/Too High Price" posts. :mad:

Guys, be happy. It's a RESIDENT EVIL game playable on the Xbox360 with a few unlockable achievements. That's all I want and I'm really happy!

I officially thank CAPCOM that they made this decision & step. :)

I pretty much find the achievements and the game a waste of my time. I mean I played the game many times before and it's the same game. All that is changed is HD graphics. Booorriiing! Thankfully, no avatar awards or Avatar Marketplace will be featured, either. I am going to pass on this game. Don't need it, anyway.

I'd rather play this than Gears 3 or COD. Not really sure what you mean besides kind of flaming the users who bought it, and you have to buy this at this point.

Cheers.

woo I just got all the achievements good luck to the rest of you

Welcome to this site, Congratz & good for you. ANY MISSABLE ACHIEVEMENT that you aware of or you want to share with us!?

Nope. You're supposed to do that? How stupid.

Haha yeah, so I guess there is indeed ONE MISSABLE achievement. Hope there is not more!

I'd rather play this than Gears 3 or COD. Not really sure what you mean besides kind of flaming the users who bought it, and you have to buy this at this point.

Cheers.

Nothing more to add!

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

Well, they have Leon's Bomber Jacket outfit for sale in the RE5 section for some reason...;>__> so that's technically an avatar piece of clothing. 240MSP but still.