Would you purchase an always online next-gen Xbox?

skatemore

Will you purchase the next-gen Xbox if it requires an internet connection to play?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will you purchase the next-gen Xbox if it requires an internet connection to play?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No, I will primarily play a different next-gen system.
    • No, I will not purchase a next-gen system.

Still not believing this until I hear it from an official announcement, but I understand how it could be a big issue for some people. I could say, 'well my xbox is always plugged into the router, so I'm ok' but then stuff messes up sometimes, I'd still wanna play my games despite network/server problems, I'll wait till I see how they'd implement it before I made judgement

My decision to buy the Durango will be based mainly around my mates, my very good mates that is, who play the on the Xbox with me on a daily basis.

The thing is, the 'Always Online' if confirmed officially by Microsoft, is the deal breaker.

My internet connection is solid 9.9/10 through out the year with hardly any faults (touch wood) but I don't want to miss out playing with friends if they have any ISP issues or faults or if I can't play my Xbox due to no internet connection.

I know we all play with our Xbox's connected to Live almost everyday, so its not a big deal for me, but trying to recommend mates to buy something that won't work without the internet present is another.

Why should people not be able to do the SP portion if a game if they aren't online anyway.

Roll on May and the announcement.

As much as it wouldn't be a problem for most people to have their consoles always connected to the internet because most already are, the fact that it might soon be necessary is more than enough to turn most people away. Such a requirement leaves no contingent for ISP issues of any kind; assuming their service will be flawless.

I don't like the picture we've been painting regarding what has been heard about the new console. We'll just have to wait and see what happens May 21, or whenever Microsoft decides to reveal the new console. Maybe we'll actually see it, unlike some other product announcements we've seen recently..

How do you know how to read an achievement guide but you don't know how to read other thread titles?

You see where there is just one star under my username or on my profile where it says I have .24 posts per day? I obviously don't visit this forum enough to have read every thread title ever. Condescending jerks like you are the reason I don't visit often.

Not only that type of connection you will also need a spearate internet connection on top of your xbox connection meaning you or your parents will need to pay for a second cable connection for you to play your games. When this happens I head to PS4 who will have disc, old compatablity and no second connection.

Rumors are circulating that the next generation Xbox will require a constant connection to Xbox Live to play games.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-14555-Microsoft-Creative-Director-Defends-Always-Online-Tech-Following-Latest-Xbox-720-Rumours-[updated].html

Not only that type of connection you will also need a spearate internet connection on top of your xbox connection meaning you or your parents will need to pay for a second cable connection for you to play your games. When this happens I head to PS4 who will have disc, old compatablity and no second connection.

Uhhh what?

Mine's always online anyway, so no issue.

Yes I will because I'm loyal to Xbox <3

Hopefully they will make the Live free, but anyway I always buy 1 year subscription, so no problem.

Yeah, the guy confirmed he read something off of the screen.. That's about it. Who are these people again? I've never heard of these 2 and I certainly don't listen to these nerdy/geeky podcasts on a regular basis.

Sorry I don't feel like looking these 2 up but who are these guys again and what exactly was he reading from the screen? Without that information, this means squat to me.

It really does bothers me in any way because am always online when I play and with he 4 friends I have in my friend list don't bug me about stupid stuff like the people I had on my PS3 friend list. If doing this might be a step to stop people from hacking, using game saves or game sharing then everyone should be all for it.

after reading the latest rumors, I'm not certain I will be playing on an xbox anymore. I have alot of old games, and if it's not backwards compatible I'm sure i won't be buying a 720. All of this saddens me, they have a good system with the xbox360, but it does need hardware updated. The always online things make it iffy already, for I don't always have Internet access, and i know over in the desert that internet isn't always avalible on your off shifts. the on-line pass has made me switch to pc gaming for multi player, and now i may give up counsels all together. this may be a sad time for gaming everywhere...

I have loved my 360 over the 5-6 years I've had it but if these rumors are true it will be hard for me to not switch to PS4. I'm proud of my GS but that is definitely something I'm willing to give up.

I'm moving to a rural area soon(about 2 hours from the closest city) and I know the internet is sketchy at best.

This is one of the few topics that pertains to all of us and is well worth discussing. Throughout all the related threads, I'm surprised by all the ignorant responses by site admins and users that have been here a long time.

This is one of the few topics that pertains to all of us and is well worth discussing. Throughout all the related threads, I'm surprised by all the ignorant responses by site admins and users that have been here a long time.

Obviously, they want us all to buy new Xbox's and keep using the site.

I have no real interest in the next gen, but I'll wait to see the facts before I decide. Lets just say I have no interest in a system that REQUIRES an internet connection. No interest at all....

CNN has an article about the new Xbox, and it's turned into a complaint-fest about always online. There are a few ppl here who say "Shut up until you know for sure" Well, I don't agree. If people VOICE their anger over always online...maybe (just maybe) MS will realize it's not a good idea to implement it. Why wait until it's too late to voice our concerns?

I can understand where they're tying to go with this, but I also have to say that if it MUST be always online I also will not be buying it anytime soon. I enjoy some of the Live content but I don't play games or utilize the features on a regular basis. It comes and goes in spurts, so I only buy time when I know I'm going to use it.

Obviously, they want us all to buy new Xbox's and keep using the site.

I have no real interest in the next gen, but I'll wait to see the facts before I decide. Lets just say I have no interest in a system that REQUIRES an internet connection. No interest at all....

CNN has an article about the new Xbox, and it's turned into a complaint-fest about always online. There are a few ppl here who say "Shut up until you know for sure" Well, I don't agree. If people VOICE their anger over always online...maybe (just maybe) MS will realize it's not a good idea to implement it. Why wait until it's too late to voice our concerns?

This makes sense. I really would hate this. I mean what if I move or something and im offline for awhile like I am now. All in all im waiting for Next Xbox until the 360 is completley dead.

I'm starting to think that the next xbox won't have any impressive features at all, so all this talk of permanent internet connection and no used games is just rumors started by Mircosoft just so that when they make the final announcement, instead of saying the only thing new is an improved Kinect, they can say you don't need a permanent internet connection and it can play used games and people will run out and buy it.

• 4 weeks later...