"Official" Bitching Thread

iBuzz7S

The use of Henry Lawson.

Just made it to Horizon. Had a bit of a chuckle when Miranda's father's name came up - Henry Lawson. They've got Alan Dale, an old Australian actor from Neighbours and 24 as the voice actor, Yvonne Strahovski another aussie sheila as Miranda and then they take one of Australia's greatest poets and make him into a zombie creating evil scientist. Not sure how American's would feel if Mark Twain was treated the same way.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The use of Henry Lawson.

Just made it to Horizon. Had a bit of a chuckle when Miranda's father's name came up - Henry Lawson. They've got Alan Dale, an old Australian actor from Neighbours and 24 as the voice actor, Yvonne Strahovski another aussie sheila as Miranda and then they take one of Australia's greatest poets and make him into a zombie creating evil scientist. Not sure how American's would feel if Mark Twain was treated the same way.

Haha, the name just clicked with me, i didn't even make the connection at first. I wonder if the person at Bioware who created the name knew.

OT: I don't know if Bioware have changed the wave structure of MP but now the bonus waves are occuring on 3, 6 & 10 constantly. I played 4 games on gold last night and every game we failed on wave 10 because we ran out of time. It's annoying when playing on a team with four lvl 20's all with upgraded weapons and the infinite spawning enemy is too overwhelming.

Haha, the name just clicked with me, i didn't even make the connection at first. I wonder if the person at Bioware who created the name knew.

OT: I don't know if Bioware have changed the wave structure of MP but now the bonus waves are occuring on 3, 6 & 10 constantly. I played 4 games on gold last night and every game we failed on wave 10 because we ran out of time. It's annoying when playing on a team with four lvl 20's all with upgraded weapons and the infinite spawning enemy is too overwhelming.

The bonus waves have always been 3, 6 & 10 not sure why you think otherwise.

I have alot of bitching but only over one part of he game, I know its been run into the ground for a good awhile now but I never claimed to be original so all I can say is.....

....ending, ending, ending, ending, ending, ending, ending, ending....

Fucking bioware:uzi:

Interesting. Ours had a scratch on it as well.

My case was fine, but I just hate the damn case itself. It's pretty but getting the discs out was a pain, thankfully I have a 2-disc empty case lying around and will be using that when playing.

An observation re: MP that I'd never though I'd see here....

I found Bushwookies.

Be damned they're everywhere!!! Okay you find sniper campers in any other MP Shooter. But here!??!?!

I've had a couple games so far with dudes doing this, which is laughable on these tiny tiny microscopic maps.

Camping in the farthest corner of a map away from the rest of the squad, not assisting in objectives, not reviving squadmates, not providing support in any way. Just hiding in their corner with a sniper rifle waiting like a pit spider for any enemy to get in their scope.

And then have the gaul to scream into the mic for help when they get flanked and downed by the enemy and we're on the opposite side of the map you know, actually accomplishing something. :p

Muttonheads.

every time I go to take out my discs I feel like I'm gonna break the damn things in half, these new steelbook cases for the collectors edition. are bullshit.

I don't like the idea that every time I'm bout to get the disc out it practically bends in half cause they were too lazy to put pressable/clickable disc tabs like the older style steelbook cases..

every time I go to take out my discs I feel like I'm gonna break the damn things in half, these new steelbook cases for the collectors edition. are bullshit.

I don't like the idea that every time I'm bout to get the disc out it practically bends in half cause they were too lazy to put pressable/clickable disc tabs like the older style steelbook cases..

I agree, I had a spare standard two-disc case kicking around I used for ME2's CE which had the same style pain-in-the-ass steel case, I just swapped ME3 into it. Much easier.

The bonus waves have always been 3, 6 & 10 not sure why you think otherwise.

I was sure that in the first week of release the bonus round was either 9 or 10, but from talking to everyone, it seems i was mistaken:(

Why did Bioware have to add a weight system to the weapon load out. Why could my Shepard carry 4 guns and a mini nuke launcher in ME2 without a problem, but now i load out with an assault rifle and sniper rifle and any power takes a minute to cool down? I would like some sort of explanation, e.g. Shepard's living quarters on Earth had a bad bed and now he has back problems or something. Why do Bioware continue to change a formula that people had no issue with just to make it worse? In the same way there was no problems with the ammo system in ME1 then Bioware messed it up by adding a stupid clip system and undoing all their Hard Sci-Fi codex entires.:mad:

sp player is buggy.

i havent had to reboot my xbox as much as I have had to with this game.

====

so there i was running from the normandy to elevator. i make a left at the corridor and run into the spider looking thing. he pushes me off the balcany. i go falling and fallinf and falling.

I reboot and the game forgot that i did the garruk shooting side mission.

=====

doing the academy on insane. protecting the student while in the bot. there is one last guy but i cant see him. i can see where the shots are coming from but though i shoot, nad since he isnt there. the student shield goes down.

=====

doing thessi on insane, eright at the beginning. AFter a failed attempt, i try again. run to the gun where a blue lady (apparently a linebacker) pushes me away from the gun. freeze/reboot. Doit again and again after failing try again and she does it again. freeze/reboot. this time I will let her pass. i kill everyone. no one else is coming I get off the gun, even though i get yelled at. walk to the yeller. freeze/reboot.

there have been other instance where i had to reboot.

now my accomplishments are going black.

The use of Henry Lawson.

You must not know Americans very well if you think an evil character named Mark Twain being in a video game would offend them. In case you haven't noticed, we don't take things very seriously over here when it comes to 'artistic license'. Especially if it is all in good fun.

If they made a video game that featured Edgar Allan Poe, Walt Whitman, Sylvia Plath and Jack Kerouac as zombies rising up to destroy the earth, I guarantee people would line up in droves to buy it.

Edited by ColdSpider72

So I played most of the day and ran into this several times. Other players using medigel in the first couple stages as soon as they fall down. I either never ran into it before or didn't notice it but as soon as someone would die they would use it even though someone was right next to them that could revive them. Then on the later waves they would end up dying because they ran off and had used all their medigel early on. These were not new people either. I was playing silver with only people with at least N7 100 or more.

After hearing so many people tell me that insanity isn't that hard i decided to give it a go, but i'm dying constantly, not because of a smart enemy AI, or because i'm not using the correct squad members but because of spamming grenades and a clunky cover system. So many times i'll be running and because i pass too close to a wall or random box, the game thinks i want to squat down beside it directly in the line of fire. Then on the odd occasion i get close enough for a melee, as i'm holding B and the animation is taking place, the enemy suddenly moves to the left or the right, i miss, and they kill me.:mad:

So I played most of the day and ran into this several times. Other players using medigel in the first couple stages as soon as they fall down. I either never ran into it before or didn't notice it but as soon as someone would die they would use it even though someone was right next to them that could revive them. Then on the later waves they would end up dying because they ran off and had used all their medigel early on. These were not new people either. I was playing silver with only people with at least N7 100 or more.

selfish?

they want the easy kills early on? why else are you dieing so early? they using your medi to get into the fight sooner. and im sure they expect to get picked up right away.

i learned quickly to not use them until atleast the 8th wave, and even then only when im really about to die.

After hearing so many people tell me that insanity isn't that hard i decided to give it a go, but i'm dying constantly, not because of a smart enemy AI, or because i'm not using the correct squad members but because of spamming grenades and a clunky cover system. So many times i'll be running and because i pass too close to a wall or random box, the game thinks i want to squat down beside it directly in the line of fire. Then on the odd occasion i get close enough for a melee, as i'm holding B and the animation is taking place, the enemy suddenly moves to the left or the right, i miss, and they kill me.:mad:

ahh yeas, the grenades from hell. have you reach k land yet?

you will find you will die more from grenades, not getting into cover, popping out of cover for no reason, and not being able to leap over barrier than anything else on insanity.

the second part of earht, waiting for the suttle to pick you up, i could kill the banshee in no time, then a grenade would kill me while i couldnt jump over a barrier. ah so many times.

Any part of the game with Kai Leng. No idea why but I hate the character and wish i could skip parts of the game with him in - ninja's in ME... why?

Oh and the whole cover system again! Not being able to take cover, rolling next to cover instead to taking cover, coming out of cover for no reason, not being able to run past certain cover points (automatically being put into cover!) - come on these are gameplay basics!

Going to start calling this Mass Effect 'Not as good as 1 or 2'.

Any part of the game with Kai Leng. No idea why but I hate the character and wish i could skip parts of the game with him in - ninja's in ME... why?

Oh and the whole cover system again! Not being able to take cover, rolling next to cover instead to taking cover, coming out of cover for no reason, not being able to run past certain cover points (automatically being put into cover!) - come on these are gameplay basics!

Going to start calling this Mass Effect 'Not as good as 1 or 2'.

I think it's those stupid things on his eyes....I mean come on....what Ninja would think thats cool in anyway?

Most of my hate and thus this post of bitching comes from my online teammates. It's amazing to me how long it takes to get a game going from the multiplayer menu. I'm not talking about people switching up characters or getting their guns/ammo/armor ready -- I don't mind a little waiting when this going on. I mean physically pressing "Ready." I would yell at them if I had a mic, but long ago it got stepped on and it gave out right around my first MP matches.

Just for "fun" -- that's straining the definition of the word -- I pressed Ready as soon as I got into a lobby and wait it out as long as it took to get a game going. If nobody is doing any switching up of anything and nobody has pressed ready, I don't wait too long. It took about 5 minutes for the next person to even press ready and then another 3 minutes before we started the match. And the host proceeded to quit with about 10 seconds left before the dropship arrived. We started the wave over and we all died.

I'm not saying everybody needs to press Ready immediately when the lobby fills up, but pay f****** attention and press ready pretty quick or show some signs of actually being there.