Xbox 360 Version Shipping on Two Discs

iBuzz7S

"It's two discs on 360 and one on PS3," AC3 creative director Alex Hutchinson told NowGamer. "You'd be surprised what blows the disc. Sound blows the disc, but also videos. What was scary for us was we blew the disc with no... there's only like two videos in the game, the rest is in-game cut-scenes. We were like 'we're still blowing the disc? That's terrifying.' It's by far the biggest game I've worked on."

Exact details on how the content id divided is unclear, but constantly changing discs won't be an issue.

"Don't worry, there's not going to be like, disc-swapping if you get to the end of chapter 3 and having to swap over - that's not going to happen. We've separated it," added animation director Jonathan Cooper.

Pressed on whether Assassin's Creed 3 simply comprises a one-time disc-swap half-way through the game, Cooper added: "No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."

Don't interrupt me mid-game and you can have your disc swap message wherever you like.

Source: NowGamer

on the AC forums it was said 1 is SP and 1 is MP but u can simply install the 2nd disc and just use the 1
That'd be amazing, considering that's always been the best solution yet no game I can recall has done it that way. I'm optimistic they actually might have with this though considering they've completely scrapped DRM in the PC version.

As for the game being multiple discs: couldn't give a rat's ass. If it means more content then i'm all for it.

"No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."

Sounds positive to me. We will see.

Same. If the disc swap comes at a logical point in the game, I don't care.

Multiple discs to me means mostly that the textures and world map must be absofuckinglutely awesomely HUGE. And that.... I dig.

That'd be amazing, considering that's always been the best solution yet no game I can recall has done it that way. I'm optimistic they actually might have with this though considering they've completely scrapped DRM in the PC version.

As for the game being multiple discs: couldn't give a rat's ass. If it means more content then i'm all for it.

Same. If the disc swap comes at a logical point in the game, I don't care.

Multiple discs to me means mostly that the textures and world map must be absofuckinglutely awesomely HUGE. And that.... I dig.

Well, more discs means more content aye?

I'm cool with it, I mean, LA Noire had 3 discs.

You guys see it as more content, me, I see it as being obsolete and unoptimized. It's like saying "Twenty 1GB portable hard drives? Cool" instead of going for one high capacity portable hard drive.

You guys see it as more content, me, I see it as being obsolete and unoptimized. It's like saying "Twenty 1GB portable hard drives? Cool" instead of going for one high capacity portable hard drive.

That's just completely ignoring the constraints set by the 360.

If the choice is more discs or a stripped down game so it fits on the one disc you'd be mad to prefer the later over the former.

That's just completely ignoring the constraints set by the 360.

If the choice is more discs or a stripped down game so it fits on the one disc you'd be mad to prefer the later over the former.

I didn't because I didn't want to bring up the Blu-ray Disc and the poor choice of staying with a previous generation medium where they could have used the HD-DVD format and kept DVD compatibility.

One thing that annoyed me with Revelations was whenever you went into MP (Or Desmond's Journey) the disc would start spinning up again, not the end of the world but it makes installing to the HD less beneficial. =/

It's lazy programming on the part of the developers. Same thing happens in MW3.

They have separate teams working on the different parts (campaign, multiplayer) and then they just burn both parts on to the disc as separate "programs" linked to a main menu. So every time you start one, the disc spins cuz it thinks it's "starting" a new game. Better programming would've been to move that detection phase to the initial menu.