A Minitage by Giffy

Hey Guys,

In my time off from achievements/call of duty I really got into battlefield. My friends over at TriHardMedia (youtube) have a capture card so I got enough clips at their house to compile a short and sweet minitage.

Wondering what you guys think

And check out TriHardMedia!! They do mostly COD MW2 videos but they're sick. sub if you like them!!!

-II Giffy II

Editor/Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TriHardMedia

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilDFwiVv0II]YouTube- Heartbeat | A BF: BC2 Minitage (Giffy)[/ame]

Lol what's a "minitage"? Anyway, the video was alright but the music doesn't go with it...:/ and what was that at the end?! O_o'

This...pretty much my exact thoughts (with the exception of the "minitage" part, I see what you did there). I enjoyed the song but I don't feel like it fit the video very well. It is also kind of hard to enjoy a video that is so short.

Lol what's a "minitage"? Anyway, the video was alright but the music doesn't go with it...:/ and what was that at the end?! O_o'

a minitage is a mini montage. just terminology of the youtube community. and yeah my friend who edited is more used to doing artsy call of duty videos so he wasn't too sure on how to edit a battlefield one so he just did the same style. It's not meant to be a "pump you up" and "in your face" kind of montage, but an artistic one. It was his decision, i just gave him clips. the end clip was a no scope wallbang kill, just it got cut off i think as someone says below this post

meh average . . . this game is tough to make a good montage -- only part worth watching was the nelson bay 3 kills . . . they werent amazing kills really but the fact that you stayed alive was good . .
And yeah, i completely agree with you on it being hard to get good clips in this game. This is why my friend just decided to make a 1 minute minitage as opposed to a 3 or 4 minute montage Edited by killerharu45

Although the music doesn't fit perfectly, I find it a damn sight better than all the heavy metal music which most people put over their montages. I either turn the volume off when I hear it, or now, I put it on vuvuzela mode :D

Wasnt really very good and why put a wallbang at the end that doesnt kill anyone ?

Youtube has a way of cutting videos off right at the end. It probably was a kill through the wall, even though we don't really get to see it.

Youtube has a way of cutting videos off right at the end. It probably was a kill through the wall, even though we don't really get to see it.

yeah that's exactly what happened :/ it was supposed to show the kill and the words then go straight to black for editing style but it got cut off

Ow and: Tell your friend to burst fire, hese just making himself look like a complete retard on that M60 part.

there was burst in the beginning of that clip, just when the trees were taken out and all 4 guys appeared then it goes a little crazy. but yeah thanks for the advice it is way better to keep your cool and burst because it does look way better than spraying

A device you can use to "capture" video footage from a tv and record on your computer.

Exactly, It's what everyone on youtube uses in order to obtain gameplay footage in the right format in order to edit it into a montage. You connect the AV cables from the xbox to the card

(which is more like a box thing like this one here, [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1212-Definition-Personal-Recorder/dp/B0018LX0DY]Amazon.com: Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR High Definition Personal Video Recorder: Electronics[/ame])

then you use another set of AV cables to connect from the capture card to the TV. and there is also some USB or firewire connections to your computer where you can record the footage