Is it worth the 1200 MSP?

CRAZY 7

In my opinion it definitely is. I had been looking forward to the game for a while and when it finally dropped it lived up to all of my expectations. The gameplay, graphics, audio, and story are all top notch and I think it's tough to find a bad thing to say about the game. I'm eager to throw as much money at the development team in hopes that they'll make a sequel and just because I think they're a great little team.

alright cool thanks for the reply and my next question is how about the play time how is that?

I'm not entirely sure, although I have beaten the game I'm not sure how many hours I've sunk into it. In order to get everything out of the game you need to beat the game twice, once in the New Game+ mode and you need to see both endings. The guide claims that you can do this in 6-8 hours but it seems to me that it may take longer to do that.

I suppose it MIGHT be possible to clear it in 4-5 hours or even less, if you only do what's necessary for completion and Achievements, and have some decent skills besides. But there's other stuff to do, most noteably the Weapon Trials - you only need to clear 7 to get the related Achievement, but there's, what, 11 in all? 12? Something like that. And some of 'em are quite fiercely hard, depending on how good your sense of timing and reaction-speed is.

Between doing those and a little bit of XP-and-money grinding, MY first run came in at maybe 7 hours... and I still had to give up on a couple of the Weapon Trials. So assuming you just rush through your second run, I guess the final tally would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 11-12 hours, which is quite a respectable length for an XBLA-game.

You could easily stretch it longer if you want a challenge, though - the difficulty is highly adjustable. At its basis, it's quite easy, and you're unlikely to ever need to restart a level... but you can activate a number of 'idols' at the Temple (once you get it), each of which grants the enemies a certain advantage, such as increased attack-power, enhanced speed, health-regeneration, and others. Switching on a few of those will create a MUCH greater challenge, forcing you to really work for your progress, and lengthening the game significantly. Activating the 'Increase Defense', 'Regeneration', 'Random blocking' and 'Random untouchable' idols will turn any boss into a difficult Marathon-session...

It's NOT worth 1200 ms.

The game is good but it's short and buggy, not only will you get less then 1 day out of it but the game corrupted my saved game file (Or actually it seems more like the "autosave" feature (which you have no choice but to use) stopped auto doing anything after an hour.

Most glitches I can deal with but this one is unforgivable to me, I'd avoid this game like the plague. If you're going to jam a horrific autosave feature down the players throat it damn well better work.

I agree the autosave feature is ridiculous. I can't understand how developers justify using it. Could they at least offer the option of a manual save? Is it a software issue? I will admit complete ignorance in this area.

Having said that, and also admitting I haven't finished the game, I'd say it's well worth the 1200 points. More than worth them imo. I haven't experienced the glitch MM209 mentioned, and it would surely piss me off if I did. As it appears to be a rarity - and as the game is greatness stacked on awesome surrounded by fantastic - I'd say it's one of the few games which lives up in value to the points it costs.

I didn't encounter any bugs or glitches, and in my opinion this is one of the best arcade games to come out, awesome story, easy to learn combat engine, good music, very pretty to look at i really think that this will be one of the best games of the year. Definitely worth the money and more. That's just my opinion though

My first run was like 8 hours, because I'm paranoid and explore the living hell out of each place, since new paths just seem to drop from the sky. Not that it mattered in the end with the lost and found, but I still did it just in case. Second run was like 3 hours, since I was a walking tank from all the money I accrued.

Off Topic: Totally agree with the paranoia in terms of first playthroughs. I'm right at the end of my first

On Topic: I think this IS worth the 1200 sweet Microsoft nectar for it's sheer uniqueness alone. i thought the narrator would get on my last nerve. but i think the game wouldn't be the same if he wasn't there. Amazing soundtrack and graphics i thought were good.

People are saying that its easy to fall off and stuff and that makes the game "sucky" but i personally think they are noobin' it.

I'd give it a 8 - 9 outta 10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...