• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Walking Dead theory

This is my Walking Dead tv series theory, plus don’t get butt hurt reading this

The only event to of actually happened in the last 3 seasons was the shoot out at the very beginning of season 1. Rick was actually shot and is in a coma, during which Rick contracted a deadly infection Dr.’s are having trouble fighting , however all of the events after such just a figment of his imagination. I will do the best I can to explain why each one is in the following points.

- Each season represents Rick slipping farther into him coma, that’s why he keeps getting pushed farther and farther out away from “HOME” aka conciseness

- Zombies are the focus of his Mind because it was last movie he had watched

- Each member of Ricks group is either someone that who had interacted with in his life or it is the medicine being given to him taking on a human form, ill break it down farther

o Shane, Lori, Carl, t-dog, Carol & her daughter and Merle and Daryl (but they are the same person I will explain later)

§ Shane and Lori had an affair in real life, Rick knew but chose not to confront it, Shane dying off is in fact Shane in real life giving up on Rick, Shane and made his peace that Rick was a not going to make it and instead of sitting around waiting chose to say goodbye on his terms

§ Lori, while holding out hope a little longer, also has given in to the fact Rick isn’t going to pull out of it. The “ghost” of Lori is in fact Lori occasionally showing back up to Ricks bedside, but is far and between visits and not long

§ Carl is the only one still holding out hope, Rick and Carl actually had a very tight bond, this is while he is the only one still around from his family (ill explain baby later in paper)

§ T-Dog is actually a person Rick arrested and was falsely convicted by Rick. In his coma we see the real T-dog. A kind man who just wants to help. This is Rick’s mind showing him the real T-dog and killing him later on

§ Carol and her daughter was an actual murder case that Rick was investigating, that’s why her daughter was killed by zombies, just like in real life Rick couldn’t find her or the Killer until it was too late. Carol in real life when into a deep depression and became very secluded. Yet, in his mind she stayed strong and find support in Daryl

§ Lastly Daryl and Merle, they are in fact the same person. Daryl was a person in town Rick has had problems with. His rebel side “Merle” was a pain in Rick’s side, however, Daryl at times had tried to turn his life around and become helpful but always seemed to slip back to Merle on occasion

o The characters that were the “Medicine” include all the human characters that end up as zombie fodder. But the major ones Include the Baby, Hershel and his girls, Dale, Glenn, Morgan, Michonne and Andrea

§ Morgan and his wife and son were the very first drugs given but were unable to have any effect. The disease immediately destroyed the majority of this drug only leaving bits and useless pieces of it in the system

§ Glenn was a drug that seems to have no effect and lay dormant and played a minor role until coming into contact with Maggie. Seeming to enhance Glenn making him more useful to fight the bodies infection

§ Dale was an experimental drug that seemed to do its best to fight the disease/infection and often seemed to be successful at times, but end the end just could not contend with it

§ Andrea was a drug that at first doctors thought would work, but in the end seemed to aid in helping spread the infection/disease more than attack it

§ Herschel and his Girls are also experimental drugs that for a time seemed to work and had been on verge of turning everything around but the disease continued to grow and become stronger, overpowering them, leaving Dr.’s to look for a new solution

§ Michonne- she was also an experimental drug that should positive signs, but couldn’t seem to overcome the Disease on her own

§ The Baby- this is the end all be all for Rick, this represents the very best chance to finally destroy the disease and bring Rick back. This drug was implanted and intended to grow under the radar of the disease, learning its weakness to kill it off once and for all

- The Prison -is where Rick and the Drugs must make their last stand against the Disease or Rick will die. Rick’s mind and Dr’s believe the drugs are working but you clearly see that they also have their doubts to the last stand. This is why the prison isn’t completely secure and there are openings.

- The DISEASE- this is represented by the Governor and Woodbury. It is the heart and soul of the Disease, and Rick’s encounters with the Governor and Woodbury have just been the disease testing Rick, finding a weakness, so it can finally win the fight and kill Rick. Zombies also represent the disease that continues to kill of the people aka drugs, but the Governor is the end all be all, the Head Honcho

Hope you’ve enjoyed my theory, I will add more as the show continues to develop

i do like your theory, it makes for an interesting read, but i have to disagree, although when reading i think yes, that sounds good and it all is very likely, i like the part about woodbury and the guvnor being the heart of it. but i think its just as simple as their is a disease that has spread through the world, and thats it. i think youve put abit to much thought into it in my opinion. because you must remember this is all based on the comics. also how would you explain there trip to the cdc.

i do like your theory, it makes for an interesting read, but i have to disagree, although when reading i think yes, that sounds good and it all is very likely, i like the part about woodbury and the guvnor being the heart of it. but i think its just as simple as their is a disease that has spread through the world, and thats it. i think youve put abit to much thought into it in my opinion. because you must remember this is all based on the comics. also how would you explain there trip to the cdc.

i would explain the trip the cdc as the first "break through" dr's thought they would of made in rick's recovery, but then it just turns that it wasnt anything more than hope, just like in the show, they thought it would be the solution but just ended up another failure

My Walking Dead theory

This is my Walking Dead tv series theory, plus don’t get butt hurt reading this

The only event to of actually happened in the last 3 seasons was the shoot out at the very beginning of season 1. Rick was actually shot and is in a coma, during which Rick contracted a deadly infection Dr.’s are having trouble fighting , however all of the events after such just a figment of his imagination.

Show creator already said that isn't the case. Rick is NOT in a coma, everything that is happening is actually happening.

I'm not sure why they didn't pick him up, either. They definitely could have used another person for the big fight. Plus, he had a huge backpack possibly filled with even more guns, ammo, etc. that would've helped them immensely. However, they luckily found his loot at the end of the episode.

I felt bad for him, yes, but I didn't know his story. Who it was, what he'd done, etc. I even told me my wife that Season 1 Rick would've picked him up lol. He doesn't know who to trust anymore and I think he's tired of seeing people in his group die.

Awesome last episode!

I'm stoked for the next one.

I do kind of wish they'd picked up the backpack guy, but I understand why they didn't. It just made me feel so bad for him. To survive so long and just, bleh.

This show depresses me sometimes but it's too awesome to stop watching.

I went from liking Rick with the "We're going to war" comment to thinking he's a pussy for following it up with thinking about turning over Michonne.

They kind of ruined the music montage too, you don't end the episode with a montage and follow it up with a whole extra scene of dialog...you end it on the montage. Pssssssssh n00bs :p

I went from liking Rick with the "We're going to war" comment to thinking he's a pussy for following it up with thinking about turning over Michonne.

They kind of ruined the music montage too, you don't end the episode with a montage and follow it up with a whole extra scene of dialog...you end it on the montage. Pssssssssh n00bs :p

He cannot give her up. CANNOT.

I don't think he will, but the fact that he is ever considering it makes me dislike him as a leader(more than I already did)

As a leader I guess he has a duty to consider all options, but I agree that as an idea it's shitty.

Not sure what I thought of the episode in general, maybe a little slow (not in a good way like last week's) but naked Maggie probably helped.

As a leader I guess he has a duty to consider all options, but I agree that as an idea it's shitty.

Not sure what I thought of the episode in general, maybe a little slow (not in a good way like last week's) but naked Maggie probably helped.

Naked Maggie ALWAYS helps....

I'm really glad Daryl is back with the group. He has easily become my favorite person. The group can't survive without him. I am glad that Rick seems to be back from crazy town.

I just got into this show about a month ago and I'm glad I did. The best show out there, hands down.

Naked Maggie ALWAYS helps....

That entire scene felt pretty forced and out of place. Like they just did a sex scene for the sake of doing one. They could have started it and went on to more important things after implying that's what those 2 were going to do. I was really hoping the both of them were going to get shot during that scene. Would have been great. Fucking hate Maggie and sissy constant complaining Glenn.

I'm surprised that Merle is being so cooperative. Does anyone else think he'll try doing something to Rick in the finale?

Merle will probably get shot in the finale when the war breaks out.

I hope not, I'd love to see him become a bigger part of the group so I hope he behaves a little. Not too much...I love angry racist Merle the way he is, I just hope he doesn't get killed off to quick.