Killing Challenges Help Thread.

Rated R

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i need help of killing the challange, the one of terry kennedy, now mather how much i try i cant seem to land the fakie to kickflip grind, can some1 post a movie or show me how to do a good fakie ? i just cant seem to do a fakie

yes i need help of killing the challange, the one of terry kennedy, now mather how much i try i cant seem to land the fakie to kickflip grind, can some1 post a movie or show me how to do a good fakie ? i just cant seem to do a fakie

Same here I'm having trouble doing a fakie 180

to do the fakie kickflip, just before you jump off onto the rail do a hippy jump with a spin then kickflip right away, that's how i did it.

With that challenge, all I did was jump up on the platform doing a 180, then quick do another 180 over the gap. All a fakie means is, if you land in the switch position, you'll have a couple seconds where your feet are forward, before he will adjust to having his feet in the regular position.

Skate around, do a quick 180, land it, and watch your feet. You'll see him adjust it.

I found this really easy. What you need to do is take advantage of the big runup. Take two pushes, then pop a 180. As soon as you land, go to pop another ollie - note: you're pulling DOWN on the thumbstick, not up - and then just pull off a kickflip. Landing boardslide seems easiest, but any grind should stick.

Of course, if you're having trouble, stick it on easy.

Totally stuck on sign of the grinds, any tips?

Also, trying to kill Terry Kennedy's challenge, i can do the tricks but it's not registering that i do the shuvit grind or the fakie kick flip, where am i going wrong??

Edited by Le Simonator

I just done a 180 before getting to the or in the case of killing a particuler challange I 180ed up the little ledge and then done a fakie 180 over the gap.

Give up and try another one, i couldn't get this for the life of me, i have the achievement now, so it's all good.

If you are REALLY REALLY stuck put it on easy as you get stupiduly high pop on the ollie. But I agree this challange was tricky best advice is such a cliché and quite unhelpful just time it right and get the blunt in position as your reaching the height of the sign.

Can anyone help me with the HOM challenge Man Overboard? I just can't seem to bail through the roof. And also how in the hell do you kill Sign Of The Grinds lol

what i did for man overboard is to land on the roof after you go up the ramp, then bail through the roof and don't pull any moves, dont put a marker on the roof, you actually have to make the jump.

and seriously, sign of the grinds is worth skipping.

It's worth knowing that you can Noseblunt on 'Sign of the Grinds' and it will count. I've done it both ways and I would say that the Noseblunt is easier to pull off. Also, make sure you kinda make it over the plant area or it might not count :)

Has anyone had trouble with the Darren Navarrette Pro Film Challenge?

You have to (to kill it):

--360 grab over the death box

--Grind over the stair set

--(I think) One foot handplant

The problem I'm having is the grind part. It's really not that I can't do it, the idea is simple enough, but it never seems to register. I've tried grinding on that lightning blue line every which way and it never clears. Anyone had any problems with this one?

Also, trying to kill Terry Kennedy's challenge, i can do the tricks but it's not registering that i do the shuvit grind or the fakie kick flip, where am i going wrong??

For the shuvit grind, try approaching from the other side. I had it not register a couple of times, but it worked this way.

For the fakie flip to grind, you can do as others have said and hippie jump a few seconds before the rail or just pop a 180. The best thing about this trick is that you don't have to be going very fast to land on the rail. Set up a marker and push once or twice then set up for fakie.

Has anyone had trouble with the Darren Navarrette Pro Film Challenge?

You have to (to kill it):

--360 grab over the death box

--Grind over the stair set

--(I think) One foot handplant

The problem I'm having is the grind part. It's really not that I can't do it, the idea is simple enough, but it never seems to register. I've tried grinding on that lightning blue line every which way and it never clears. Anyone had any problems with this one?

Are you pumping up from inside the bowl or jumping onto the comping from the outside?

I've tried both, but mostly I've been pumping from inside. I figured that was problem the idea since it seems to want you to follow a line.

Well, you should definitely be attempting it from inside so that's okay. Sometime's grinds don't count if you take them too far, maybe try jumping off a bit earlier? I'm not really sure that to say as I don't remember having any trouble with this one

Well, you should definitely be attempting it from inside so that's okay. Sometime's grinds don't count if you take them too far, maybe try jumping off a bit earlier? I'm not really sure that to say as I don't remember having any trouble with this one

ehh it's probably just annoying me on purpose. I'll try it again tomorrow. Thanks though. :)

Like others i was having problems with this one

I eventually got it by doing as suggested above, hippy jump before you flip. Didnt turn out as planned and hippy jumped quick flip (turned into an ollie) and grind down the rail closest to the edge you ollie from. This still worked, so for those trying to get it still keep at it. (Just for the record i did land it properly before this but it didnt register for some reason)

You just have to make sure that once you're in the fakie position to ollie before he moves his feet into switch. There's a number of ways: Hippy Jump as mentioned, Doing a quick BS or FS 180 in the air then immediately popping another ollie, or a simple revert works too.

For the the Shuvit to a shuvit not a POP shuvit so flcik the stick towards the ledge and then also shuvit back out again works everytime.

And again the easiest way to fakie is to do a 180 then do the fakie kickflip 180-ing is a lot easier then the hippie jump!

what i did for man overboard is to land on the roof after you go up the ramp, then bail through the roof and don't pull any moves, dont put a marker on the roof, you actually have to make the jump.

and seriously, sign of the grinds is worth skipping.

Alls i did was bail on the roof and used the Right Trigger and pushed myself through the hole, Done!!!!

Hope it helps if you haven't got it already...