Portal 2 DLC coming as soon as this summer.

Chaosx721

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost forgot that they were going to release a new DLC soon. So, I haven't really been anticipating it.

On another note, for anyone who also plays on the game on Steam, they added 1 new achievement called: Talent Show - Never lose a cube in Chamber 6 of the Mobility Gels co-op course. When I saw that, for a minute I had thought the DLC was released. Makes me wonder why they added a new achievement in the first place.

I almost forgot that they were going to release a new DLC soon. So, I haven't really been anticipating it.

On another note, for anyone who also plays on the game on Steam, they added 1 new achievement called: Talent Show - Never lose a cube in Chamber 6 of the Mobility Gels co-op course. When I saw that, for a minute I had thought the DLC was released. Makes me wonder why they added a new achievement in the first place.

that's pretty normal for Valve, they release new achievements on the PC all the time.

That was part of a summer promo. Various Steam games got a new achievement, and completing them would get you tickets for prizes. If you got 3, you could get the Summer Shades item in Team Fortress 2. I don't know if there were other prizes, though. I learned about this from the TF2 wiki and it only mentioned that one.

why is everyone being so spoiled. Its a free DLC and it's coming in Mid-September which in my opinion is pretty soon.

I for one am thankful for Valve adding to the game at all.

This^

Valve plans to produce downloadable content for Portal 2, with the first content expected to arrive in mid September 2011.

I just bought the game specifically for this reason. Was a steal at $30 brand new. :D

So excited about this!

But I still think there should be a special achievement for finishing the coop with your gf ("Aww, that's a cute robot!" "Yeah, that's turret." "He's adorable! I want to give him a hug" "WAIT, THEY..." *BAMM BAMM BAMM* "OMG, WHY DID HE DO THAT!?!?").

This^

Valve plans to produce downloadable content for Portal 2, with the first content expected to arrive in mid September 2011.

I just bought the game specifically for this reason. Was a steal at $30 brand new. :D

Not bad for new. I've seen that as the price for used. I bought mine off a friend for $20 though. Practically new as he only played once, and I don't know if he did the co-op or not.

Looking forward to the new stuff, so long as none of it takes place in the abandoned lower levels of the facility. I hate that area. The chambers are HUGE.

So excited about this!

But I still think there should be a special achievement for finishing the coop with your gf ("Aww, that's a cute robot!" "Yeah, that's turret." "He's adorable! I want to give him a hug" "WAIT, THEY..." *BAMM BAMM BAMM* "OMG, WHY DID HE DO THAT!?!?").

XD The turrets are adorable, but I know to stay away from them, except for my different little friend. I save him, and leave him guarding the walkway to scare off intruders. I've spared a few of the others when possible, too, facing them at the wall so they can't shoot me. They're just too cute. I wouldn't kill any of them if they didn't make me.

Edited by MewMew

XD The turrets are adorable, but I know to stay away from them, except for my different little friend. I save him, and leave him guarding the walkway to scare off intruders. I've spared a few of the others when possible, too, facing them at the wall so they can't shoot me. They're just too cute. I wouldn't kill any of them if they didn't make me.

Did you know it is possible to go through the entire single player campaign without killing ANY of the turrets that can shoot you? Maybe they will make a new achievement for this - "Pacifist".

That was part of a summer promo. Various Steam games got a new achievement, and completing them would get you tickets for prizes. If you got 3, you could get the Summer Shades item in Team Fortress 2. I don't know if there were other prizes, though. I learned about this from the TF2 wiki and it only mentioned that one.

Yeah there was 20-30 different prizes, and iirc if you had a certain amount of tickets you were put into a drawing to have a chance to win your entire Steam wishlist.

I stockpiled so much stuff onto mine and didn't win :(

Did you know it is possible to go through the entire single player campaign without killing ANY of the turrets that can shoot you? Maybe they will make a new achievement for this - "Pacifist".

God, I hope not. I didn't mine the "Out through Blue", and the one for not getting hit by a bullet in Portal: Still Alive. Mainly because the out through blue helps make portaling easy, and less confusing later in the game and in Portal 2. Not only that, but Portal 1 was short. If I had to play all of Portal 2, with always exiting through blue and not taking a bullet I would go crazy. The cheebs they have now are great, and I hope they add some more SP and co-op.

I beat the SP in one day, and the co-op in another. The third I used to get all the cheebs I wanted. At first I thought it was gonna be a pain, but wasn't really hard at all. It's what makes the game great, hard enough to be fun, but not too hard you rage and throw shit. Can't wait till they release the DLC! :D

• 4 weeks later...
wait so have achievements been confirmed? Honeslty if they are making achievement I hope they are challenging. Maybe not get all 18 gold medals challenging! (can't believe I actually got that achievement)

but something that takes a little time and a little work, that way it feels like I earned it.

I don't want anything more challenging than the Portal 2 achievements. Those were the perfect difficulty.

I sincerely hope there aren't gold medal achievements again (at least not an insane amount like The Orange Box).

wait so have achievements been confirmed? Honeslty if they are making achievement I hope they are challenging. Maybe not get all 18 gold medals challenging! (can't believe I actually got that achievement)

but something that takes a little time and a little work, that way it feels like I earned it.

theres no achievements. i believe its microsoft policy that developers cannot add achievements tied with DLC unless you charge for the DLC (meaning if its free, no achievements)

theres no achievements. i believe its microsoft policy that developers cannot add achievements tied with DLC unless you charge for the DLC (meaning if its free, no achievements)

Outlaws to the End DLC for Red Dead Redemption was free and had cheeves. Maybe not because they might not be planning more DLC and then Microsoft might require later promises for achievements. I hope they are

Really? Then explain Red Red Redemption. 1st DLC was free and had achievements.

Really? Then explain Red Red Redemption. 1st DLC was free and had achievements.

I hope this is the case, not 'cause I'm a cheeb whore, but because I feel it will give the DLC purpose, and not something I can just run through and be done with. Something that will take a little effort to accomplish, thus me getting my monies worth. >_>