How did you feel after beating AC?

rikkeh105

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just beat the game today (story that is). I enjoyed it throughout really. Only thing I really disliked about AC: Brotherhood is the "do not get detected" missions and having to restart from last checkpoint.

Story finished leaving a bit of a cliff hanger, can't wait for the next game in the series.

As for the game in general, it was alright. Not the best by all means but I had alot of fun playing through. Just got to finish up racking misc achievements. (flags, feathers side missions etc) and online.

7/10 for me.

Most aggravating cliffhanger since Halo 2, but that's because it's such a great game and you don't want one of the main characters to _____.

I agree. I was shocked and left feeling dirty. What was worse is that you had to do the deed. If you stopped using the controller it just waited for you. (Purposely being vague so as not to spoil the ending for anyone).

Confused!!! Just like at the end of AC2

So I guess it stays true to formula.

Referring to AC getting boring - never! maybe a little less exciting this time around but I have a feeling they're really going to step it up for Revelations.

Oh and if someone could explain/PM me about the ending (Lucy) I'd greatly appreciate it.

And suprisingly I find Multiplayer to be ridiculously fun :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm happy with the ending. That character always annoyed me, so when I thrust that knife into their body, I felt euphoric.

I did feel that the game was a little less polished though, there was a lot of strange glitches in the game (and not from the Animus, but the way the game was put together). I watched my fiance play AC II and you could straight away see how much better that game runs and looks compared to AC:B.

The only thing that annoyed me with the story is that you get no warning that you won't be allowed to explore after a certain point. The last 5 or 6 missions just play out without your consent and the Apple of Eden is not a good "weapon" at all to use for 3 of them.

It's been so long since I played 1 and 2, I'm not sure what is going on in 3. Why are they looking for these other temples? I thought finding the Apple of Eden was the end goal, since that was what you were after in the first game? Anyone give me a rundown of what is going on?

What I remember is that Desmond was used in the first one to locate the Apple of Eden, then after the Templars access that memory of where it is, they are going to kill him, cue Assassin's Creed 2 and the escape from Abstergo as well as training Desmond to be a real assassin.

Abstergo find them, and they are now on the run in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Missing anything? Still dunno what the big deal is with the satellites and everything though. Is Abstergo using the satellites to track Lucy and Desmond or the temples or what?

At the end of ACII, the story (on Desmond's side of reality) expanded from "Stop the Templars (Abstergo) from launching the satellite and taking over Earth by December 21, 2012" to, "Stop the Templars from launching the satellite and taking over Earth and stop the Sun from destroying the Earth by December 21, 2012". In short, the Templars are going to use a satellite to launch a Piece of Eden into space to amplify its effects to take over all of Earth. Meanwhile, Desmond has to also find a bunch of Pieces of Eden and return them to a bunch of temples somewhere on earth to stop a solar flare on the sun from destroying earth.

I can understand why you're confused; the modern day storyline isn't exactly easy to follow. A lot of people praise this series for its story, but IMO I think it sort of lost its focus starting with the ending to ACII, at least as far as Desmond's part of the story is concerned. Personally I think they should have just stuck to the stopping the satellite launch part of the story and dumped this whole "temple" thing. It's distracting from what was otherwise an interesting plot - stopping the Templars. Now stopping the Templars just feels like a subplot that they pushed aside. Just my two cents though.

im not sure she is dead, i can see her coming back it.. all happened so fast are we really sure what happened..

I hope they finish the series with a game that takes place completly in modern times. Imagine runing thru New York or Chicago as Desmond after modern tempelers assisnating them from rooftops.

After getting 100% on AC2 and having 8 more to get on AC:B I cannot wait until Revelations. The last game I picked up the day of was GTA:IV and that was forever ago and this is the next game I will get day of if they dont have a midnight release here.

After getting 100% on AC2 and having 8 more to get on AC:B I cannot wait until Revelations. The last game I picked up the day of was GTA:IV and that was forever ago and this is the next game I will get day of if they dont have a midnight release here.

I just 100% AC:B not too long ago. Can't wait for Revelations. One of two game series that hasn't disappointed me yet. The other being Mass Effect.

I finished the game like night and like most of the peoples responses on here was, "What?!?" but im still confused about the story because i've completed both 1 and 2 but with such a massive gap inbetween the first 2 and the third i havent got a clue whats going on?

So if anyone would be kind enough to give me a brief run down of the story either on this thread or private message id be grateful :)