Do I need to play Brotherhood?

Boosta

A concrete reason to play this game if you want to play the next episode is that at the end of Brotherhood there are scenes which will most likely be the starting point of Revelations, as well as as its "The Truth" set of minigames.

Other than this, you can save your bucks since it doesn't add anything special to what Assassin's Creed II already was, except the assassins-recruitment which is a nice feature as somebody else said, although it doesn't add anything to the gameplay and is actually a cheap way around the problems which you won't like or use if you like the "assassin style", working your way to score a perfect undetected kill of your target by yourself.

So, for your main question, yes, there are news about the plot which you want to know before playing Revelations. If you're not interested in trying the few new features and playing the few new missions, just use 15 minutes of your time to search on youtube the intro and the ending of this game, then search for "The Truth" and you will know everything you need to play Revelations without gaps in the story.

Otherwise, pick it up. This game is a step back from Assassin's Creed II, but is totally worth its current price nonetheless.

The fact that you asked shows that you haven't involved your self in the series...any fan of the series would not even question playing a game.

You took the words right out of my mouth! Of course you need to play this if you want to understand what's going on. If you loved the other 2 so much then why haven't you picked up this great game? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Unless you're ready for frustrating bullshit mission requirements for 100% sync (I'm looking at you Young At Heart), do a 360 and walk away. If not, go for it.

what ever happened to just playing a game for the story and enjoying it. You do know it's NOT required to 100% complete a game, right?

I think he possibly meant definatly lol

What an epic fail...