DLC worth it?

pikmin34

well its the zones are huge, but you only need to run through them to get to one area. There are only what about 4-5 missions that are not side missions. Seems to me like the shortest DLC. This one wasnt made by Gearbox, some other studio made it, and you can tell. I would rank them Knoxx, Zombie Island, Claptrap, Moxxi imho. It wasn't bad, but def nothing to write home about, main missions will only take about 3-4 hours, and then the 10+ hours of trying to get the items for the 3 collection achievements, only to not have them unlock.

I thought it was fun. The story, environments, missions, and combat were about on par with the other DLCs.

If I had known about the glitched achievements though, I might have waited for a patch.

Also, if you do decide to buy it, wait until October starts, because Microsoft is running a promo where you'll get 800 points back if you spend 2400 in the month of October.

Also, if you do decide to buy it, wait until October starts, because Microsoft is running a promo where you'll get 800 points back if you spend 2400 in the month of October.

That's a great tip...thanks for the heads up! I will probably go ahead and get it then. I'm gonna need points for the Alan Wake DLC as well.

I thought it was fun. The story, environments, missions, and combat were about on par with the other DLCs.

If I had known about the glitched achievements though, I might have waited for a patch.

Shit. I just spent like 2000 msp last week. Oh well. I can find other things to buy.

• 1 month later...

i think this DLC was only worth it for the cheevos and even they were a pain in the ass. it was a very good idea with the cl4p-tr4p ninja stuff, but the execution sucked big time, it just felt badly made.

i think this DLC was only worth it for the cheevos and even they were a pain in the ass. it was a very good idea with the cl4p-tr4p ninja stuff, but the execution sucked big time, it just felt badly made.
As much as i hate to say it, it's hard to disagree. Just felt like they had a bunch of leftover maps they threw together with a pinch of old bosses and a bunch of collectibles achievements. There wasn't really a story, there wasn't really any innovation and there wasn't really any attempts at recreating something, it was just a mash of old fun.

I liked it, but yeah it's got some issues. I have four collectible achievements left to unlock (but I haven't really been tracking my pickups, if they unlock they unlock, if not oh well).

I wasn't aware Gearbox didn't develop this expansion, but that might explain some of the issues I've noticed, such as if you have a level 64 mission to complete and you pick up a level 66 mission, your uncompleted missions will suddenly become level 66 missions. This is not exclusive to Revolution missions either. I have some missions in my list that are "uncomplete" (took my character into a lower rank game, the missions reunlocked) from previous installments of the game that are now registering as level 69 missions, even though the maximum difficulty level prior to Revolution was maybe 62. This also means enemies in areas where they were previously lower level will become higher level characters.

I don't seem to be having the issues others are having with finding collectibles. I've played the dlc complete once and farmed the MINAC once and have found at least half my bobble heads, a handful of oil cans, several fish, a couple pizza boxes, like 4 pairs of panties, and enough 3D glasses to have unlocked the achievement three times.

I'd give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

• 3 weeks later...
Not quite as eager to pick this up as I was. I will....but sounds like its not going to be as much fun as the others were.
its not, but judging by your gamerscore you'll probably want it for the cheevo's so get it.:)

Well, the level design for the dlc was ok, but me and my friend blazed through the main story in 40 minutes in co-op. I suppose if you don't use modded shields the main story would take about a couple hours, but either way, it's not a lot of gameplay that you're paying for. The item farming is tedious, and I'm still nowhere close to done with it unfortunately.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, it is a fun if time-consuming DLC, there is some great humour in it as always with Claptraps, and the Star Trek Borg speech had me in stitches.

If I had to level one problem with it, it is the obvious long grind for the collectables, so if you dont mind leaving your xbox on for up to 17 hours like I had to, or mind endless killing sessions on Claptraps, then this is the DLC for you. Be warned though, this is no easy gamerscore 1-2 hours DLC.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm thinking of getting this dlc once I get some more points. Is it worth it? I really enjoyed this game and thought the all the dlcs (except moxxi) were worth it. If its like the 1st and 3rd pieces, I'm sold.

This DLC frustrated me. I was 100% on Borderlands until this glitched DLC came out. Now I don't feel like I can list it as 100% since I am missing 3 of the DLC cheivos. :(

This DLC frustrated me. I was 100% on Borderlands until this glitched DLC came out. Now I don't feel like I can list it as 100% since I am missing 3 of the DLC cheivos. :(

It's glitched? Really? Never heard of that. Granted, it was the least favorite of the DLC's, but at the same time, one of the most useful just for the bank alone. Easy and fun 1750, especially if you had someone boost you these days.

• 5 months later...