This final battle is the worst videogame moment in history!!!

TommyGun81

I consider myself a better videogamer...beat those COD's and MOH's etc blindly on veteran and now this...i always get to destroy all four fire totems...then nothing happens and i get killed by one of the million legions spawning at me...

...how long does it take for the bitch to morph??? I'm so close to throwing my 360 out the window!!!

...lol, right after i wrote this here i beat the game...its a joke, even after the 4th pole is down you have to beat against approx 10 legions with health totally down...ridiculous difficult this end...finally 1000GS...

Edited by TommyGun81

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

sheer rubbish. on hard the final boss is nigh on impossible. the only thing stopping me from giving up is the thought of having to go through the entire fecking tower again. who the hell thought this was 'challenging'?

ive done the totems 4 times now and every time i get double teamed by some cnut with a shield and a beserker or whatever.

worst final boss since... well just ever really

• 2 weeks later...

I almost threw my controler at my tv(not that it would do the job of killin them legion)in temper and thats a rare thing to do. so yes hel is hell to kill. LB +AAA sends me into the fire and i die, LB+AA and i get hit by the others and die, LT+A i get hit again by another legion or worse i get swarmed with constant hits and i cant get an LB+A in anyway atol.

It seems that Game producers/makers want people to lose they're temper :rant: and smash a controler and tv because of the odds of Beating the final boss in a game are stacked too high we freak out and throw somthing namely a controler as its in your hand and there go's your tv...

...Next stop the shop go's Cha-Ching... tv factory production go's up, 360 Controller factory production go's up too, then they sponsor the next game.:uzi::rant:

I'm Glad I stil have my Tube tv.lol.:woop:

I've just completed this game for the 1000g. Fighting Hel herself was a piece of piss but that bit right before fighting her was a nightmare but there are a few things that I did that made it slightly easier.

The totems are a bit stronger than normal Shaman totems but can be taken out in 1 hit if you use LB+XXX. As soon as the fire between each section goes down, run straight through and take out the totem.

With the totem outta the way you can concentrate fully on fighting the legion. Use the shield bash to knock them into the flames as much as possible but whenever an opppertunity arises to finish someone off, take it.

Don't keep LT held down, you'll end up being too focused on one enemy and will be vulnerable. Shield bash then release the buttons and change direction, keep moving and try and knock enemies back before the swarm in on you.

By the time you're on the last totem or you've destroyed them all, enemies will start dropping green health orbs. Its tough here because if you repeatedly knock enemies back and they die in the fire you will not be able to reach that precious health. Focus on the killing the weaker legion types and any stronger kind that are ready for a finisher but make sure you do it well inside the section you are fighting in. I was 1 hit from death several times but managed to survive to the last fight using this technique.

Hope this helps.

• 5 weeks later...

This boss was not that difficult. I took all the totems down on my third attempt and finished her off the first time I got to her. I took my time by spamming the shield bash technique. The minions spawned a little too fast but if you keep shield bashing them into the fire, it should not take you very long.

• 2 years later...

(Possible spoilers) Just finished it. Hel herself wasn't too bad, much like a regular giant, but getting to her was horrible. When you get to that third totem or especially the fourth one, you just get swarmed. And it always seems like you can't move fast enough. I was constantly trying to push them into the fire, but that would be great if they died instantly in the fire. No, they just keep coming at you while on fire. :p It was just... UGH. I finally got it, it must have been pure luck. Definitely the worse part of the game for me, the rest of it was so easy compared to that final fight, even on Hard. Glad it's over. :)