Most Underrated Game Ever

JacksonSilex

I platinumed this thing on the PS3 and loved it so much. Then sadly I kept seeing it in bargain bins for 10 bucks and had to buy it for the 360 as well.

Started playing it again tonight and wow, I just love this game. Amazing with their history mixed with the absurd. The darkness to light as you free areas, the audio, the visuals, it's just beautiful.

Who's with me? :drunk

Sadly, I had never even heard of this game when it came out in '09. I was in a local used movie, music, and games store where I'm from and saw it in their 360 section and picked it up on a whim since I got it pretty cheap (there were a ridiculous amount of copies there).

I knew it was WWII based but that was about it (which is partially why I got it), so when I started playing it I was relatively surprised at how much I enjoyed it and how its style sort of resembled a GTA type deal with going to different people for missions and the acts of sabotage you could do. Certainly an underrated game and I'm glad I picked it up.

It is underrated, but not the most, that's for sure. The game "sins" in a couple of aspects that are essencial to sandbox games, some of which, the terrible driving system, and the freeplay targets saving. It is a good game, but nothing special. It underrated, since it won the "Best of E3 2009 for Artistic Design" by IGN, and the game, somewhat disapointed. It was set a level that the game didn't correspond to, still, it's one hell of a game! :D

I also agree that this game is underrated. None of my friends have really heard about it, but it is a great deal of fun. There are a few knocks against it; I found it to be a bit short, and some missions make me want to pull my hair out. Too many freeplay targets too, in my opinion, but it does add to the game world; the whole fact that Nazi's occupied and "controlled" France.

I found this game to be one the most fun games I've ever played. The free play targets may have seemed overwhelming at the beginning, but towards the end it didn't feel like I'm just doing this for the 1k. They mutated to be the factor that let the game continue in my mind and for that the game was too short. The game was very underrated but I found the most to mirror's edge and prototype. In Both almost everyone complained about the achievements, but they weren't hard if you knew how the games worked. This game had the same qualities with achievements that seemed too long for most but too short for the rest. I really wish Pandemic finds this game one of their greatest successes and I wish they could have made a sequel, I feel that it is justly deserved for such an incredible game. Maybe one day the major franchise factions will dry up and the little guys will be able to take over the industry and make games that are actual fun to play. But the fact that the industry resist change, and a little game needs a huge amount of brute force to just make it into the competition, is sad. I blame all the little kids who just see their friends playing a game and need to buy. It had a real story (COD 1-6 didn't have one give it up) that so many other shooters neglect to include, since they believe no one plays the story and only multiplayer. Which I personally find really sad, western games need to find the time to mature story lines and give out a product that carries itself and ads don't need to carry them to the bank. Support needs to be give to the people who really try make a great game and not just a copy of a previous game that made the studio tons of money.

That is the end of my rant it went sightly off topic and I am sorry for that but it needed to be said one day, and I hope that companies are already incorporating stories into their next game they published.

Edited by enderflame

I agree it is definitely underrated. I've gotten addicted to it pretty quickly; it never gets old for me blowing up the Nazi's stuff. Sean is a great game lead, and it does an excellent job of combining humor with a serious story. Great setting. The use of color is really neat. ONLY gripe so far would be some of the controls-- having to click down L3 to sprint, and some of the car handling.

This is perhaps the most underrated game for Xbox 360. Hands down the most underrated in 2009. I LOVED every second of it. When I stopped playing my cheeks hurt because I was smiling the whole time. Now that there is no more Pandemic, I'm heartbroken that there won't be a sequel. Goddammit you stupid critics. "NA NA THEY RIPPED OFF AC NA NA"

I agree it is definitely underrated. I've gotten addicted to it pretty quickly; it never gets old for me blowing up the Nazi's stuff. Sean is a great game lead, and it does an excellent job of combining humor with a serious story. Great setting. The use of color is really neat. ONLY gripe so far would be some of the controls-- having to click down L3 to sprint, and some of the car handling.

I totally agree and this game is even better when you watch Inglorious Basterds first!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got this game as a purchase I figured I might regret.... I do not. Thia game is not under rated per say. It got decent reviews, i just think it was under advertised. I never heard of this game before doing 30 mins of research to find stealth games. This game is very good, I would highly suggest it.

This game is a hybrid of:

GTA: openness, gunplay, etc.

Assassin's Creed: climbing mechanic

stealth games: stealth mechanic

Now the stealth mechanic is not complete IMO, but I love acting like a Nazi haha.

This game is awesome. It's so much fun. It's the first game in a while where I want to do every single thing in this game because of how much I enjoy it, not just for achievements. I can't believe I never heard of this game before I picked it up used a month ago. Definitely underrated.

It's sad this game never reached the spot light, and to think Pandemic's last game was so great but never got the chance to shine. In all honesty though I think this game is really amazing it does immerse you in the time period. The whole black and white to color is in it's own self pretty cool, and this actually does pose some fault though. The story although generic was a actually pretty great, and the ending wasn't actually pretty good. The game is free roam after even beating it, but that's just for more fun. The downfall is once everything's said and down this game does lose it's fun factor, then again what game does when you've done everything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...