Portal 2 DLC coming as soon as this summer.

Chaosx721

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very excited. Needed a reason to keep this game, and that did it for me, I think.

Still debating selling it, and then renting it for the DLC, but I'm not sure. :(

I think its worth keeping, especially when they roll out the user created content, then it will be endless amounts of fun as long as it works well for the 360.

Love Valve for announcing DLC so quickly! I just FC'd this and can't wait to play more! I already feel like I'm playing Portal: Still Alive again, tearing through level (even in coop) without hesitating. And user created content, well, Portal could easily become like Little Big Planet in that respect, if people can produce some quality work. Looking forward to it! :D

A new single-player campaign? I don't see the need for that, but if it's decent, then I'm game for it for sure.

No, that's just what the author of the article is hoping for ;D

OT: I hope it's a lot of chambers :D I'll be getting this on PC for sure.

Once I buy Portal 2, that is...

If there was going to be new single player content maybe let us play as rat man before the events of portal 2. Since GLaDOS is dead for the now and I don't know if Wheatley was created yet but we could have his companion cude talk to him through out the whole story. Maybe explain why Chell was the "chosen one" ,for lack of a better term, and knowing valve to tie up some loose ends in the story mode, find out that Cave Johnson never did die but ended up going crazy and became ratman to try and stop GLaDOS/Caroline since she became crazy with power. Maybe even find out that he did indeed put his brain into a personality sphere to create Wheatley.

Sorry for the rambling, it might make a good story but I just don't know how it would work out.

Love Valve for announcing DLC so quickly! I just FC'd this and can't wait to play more! I already feel like I'm playing Portal: Still Alive again, tearing through level (even in coop) without hesitating. And user created content, well, Portal could easily become like Little Big Planet in that respect, if people can produce some quality work. Looking forward to it! :D

No this won't become the new Little Big Planet. I though that game sucked balls. But Portal is a much better, difficult, logical and interesting game. So it won't be LBP in my eyes. It would however be the equivalent of FFVII in the puzzle scene. Looking forward to the DLC.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than releasing maps 2 months after the game release, how about devs include full content on the $60 game we bought. I know the DLC is free, but Christ Valve. Just put as much content as you can on the game so I can put more time into it than 9 hours!

Rather than releasing maps 2 months after the game release, how about devs include full content on the $60 game we bought. I know the DLC is free, but Christ Valve. Just put as much content as you can on the game so I can put more time into it than 9 hours!

no one made you buy the game, you knew it was going to be linear right? and I'm guessing since you said 9 hours you haven't played the co-op so you haven't even accessed all the content.

If there was going to be new single player content maybe let us play as rat man before the events of portal 2. Since GLaDOS is dead for the now and I don't know if Wheatley was created yet but we could have his companion cude talk to him through out the whole story. Maybe explain why Chell was the "chosen one" ,for lack of a better term, and knowing valve to tie up some loose ends in the story mode, find out that Cave Johnson never did die but ended up going crazy and became ratman to try and stop GLaDOS/Caroline since she became crazy with power. Maybe even find out that he did indeed put his brain into a personality sphere to create Wheatley.

Sorry for the rambling, it might make a good story but I just don't know how it would work out.

According to the screens found in ARG, Cave Johnson did die, but the Aperture engineers apparently managed to put his personality in an early version of GLaDOS...

And, Johnson can't be Rat Man...Rat Man's name is known, and it's not Johnson...

Actually everything you're talking about is explained in the comic :D...

Anyway, I really don't want a single player as Rattman, that wouldn't be...convenient...

Edited by General Valtiel