• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so I just finished playing it myself and probably would have enjoyed it even more had I not needed to play it on "Gothic" mode for my first play through... but I wanted the achievement. Early on, it is very frustrating, you can not zoom in with your bow until you learn how. I hate flurrie systems in Mele Combat (especially when you have to release the target lock in order to shift the camera enough to see when your weapon glows) so you can string together your attacks. As far as magic is concerned you are given a limited number of these disposable scrolls; 1 scroll = 1 cast. If you don't use one of your 3 skill points on magic when you level up then you will have to buy scrolls throughout the game. Even if you do bother to learn spells via skill points the game lacks information on game play and does not tell you the spell needs to be equipped first or even how to equip the spells. That being said A two-handed mele build with one point in "Domination" (Lightning) and "Precision" (sniper mode) is very effective for pulling and stunning and then pummeling your enemies on Gothic difficulty. If you have the patience to get to the point where the story awards you with your first suit of armor, it actually becomes more enjoyable and then by the second suit of armor reward, it becomes easier and more fulfilling. I The demo does not do it justice until the final area and even then the story is completely different than the game. The demo is what hooked me via storyline and then it just got completely switched up! My points are as follows... starting with 10...

-1 for the horrible ending

-1 for the supposed "expansive roaming" the story and map is very linear.

-1 for because it is definitely not what you paid for and it definitely is not an 8. The game is not what drove me but the achievements were my main goal. If I were you I would give it a chance via steam, glyde or gamefly.

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing today and man, its an ugly game. The grass looks awful and seriously it gives me a slight head ache. Enemies clip thru stuff pretty badly. Frames stutter if you spot something far out like a guy walking. Enemies will spawn after you start an attack so say you see three goblins, three more will just spawn like the game couldn't load them until then. The game is far from a finished state.

However, after the initial shock of how badly the game plays, I'm enjoying the combat and the exploring. I'm half way thru based on story achievements and I'm looking forward to playing it tomorrow.

I don't see how you can get 200k in gold at one time. I'm looting huge amounts of weapons and armors but they sell for so little. Would love to hear when you start getting items that sell for thousands.

Although it is discussed in the comments for that achievement, what you want to do is horde as much as possible, if you don't absolutely need the money do not sell your stuff. At the end of the game, before you :spoiler: jump down an ominous hole :end of spoiler: LOL, you will be given a chance to make one final trip to the shop. Save your game, SELL EVERYTHING, achievement pops and then reload. Just know that if you are not level 29 1/2 by the time you reach a :spoiler: ghostly glowing lighthouse :end of spoiler: LOL, you will want to back track a bit and look for new, much stronger foes ( you will see what i mean ahem, blue demons, ahem) get up to level 29 1/2 and then finish the game. I laugh and joked about those spoilers because I have been reprimanded on other forums by other members for "spoiling" some of the most mundane tasks performed in video games. Good luck!

I went out of the way to find every monster and loot I could find and I was still 54k short of the achievement so f that. I turned it off before finishing the last boss but I highly doubt I'll get the level 30 one as well and no, I really don't care to play this game any longer then I have to at this point. I'll beat it tomorrow and then forget about it.

I no longer enjoy the combat as it does not evolve. You will be doing the same button mashing from the first hour to the last. Loot sucks too.

Agreed. I was sorely dissapointed with so much of the game upon reaching the Final run. I should also mention that it is not possible to get all of the gamer score for this game because the achievement for collecting all recipes, is glitched due to the fact that [the hero] (I almost called him "Shepard" but thought that would be an insult to Comm. Shepard of MassEffect) is not able to learn one of the recipes and although Spellbound (i think) announced a patch would be made available, they failed to deliver on said promise. So you also will not be able to get the achievement for collecting all other achievements. The one thing that I took away from this game is the importance of beta testing, because they clearly did not incorporate any.

• 1 month later...

Haha, hey, good for anyone who gets great deals, I say! ;) I've picked up some older games very cheap lately, and so far have loved, so those sort of offset this I guess if I don't like it. The one I paid the most for this year, Dungeon Siege III, is the one so far that has pulled me in the least, actually-- I haven't played much, granted, but it hasn't grabbed me, where OTOH Two Worlds, which has some horrible reviews out there, pulled me in pretty quick last night.

Yeah I know what you mean, I used to be a huge FPS fan but got bored with the very predictable gameplay. Its been a while since I had one and while surfing glyde the other day stumbled upon Clive Barker's Jericho for $4 or $6. Watched the trailers on youtube and some gameplay videos. Decided to give it a try. Worse comes to worse, it goes back on glyde.

• 1 month later...

I think I would have enjoyed this game a whole lot more had I not read a review which compared it in a positive light to Elder Scrolls Oblivion. This game is NOT Oblivion. Now, having said that, it was enjoyable enough to play it through to the end. One frustrating thing was the lack of free roam after the final battle. I was only 300 exp away from Level 30.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally pulled it out of the backlog pile; like it well enough so far. Pretty graphics and music. Quite easy to "get" the mechanics. Main character moves way too slow, but oh well. I wish you got to name the guy, too.

Some humor so far. The Chickenbane achievement I got last night was hilarious. First thing I do on running into that tavern area when you get to the second island is slaughter all the chickens I see to unlock it. What I didn't expect was for the stable boy to run up and be all like, WTF are you doing, are you nuts?! To which the protagonist (who may well be a bigger jerk than Two World's) was like, "What's the big deal? They're just chickens!" Thought that was funny coming from a guy who raised livestock for his living. Then I went and slaughtered two nearby oxen for the meat; that reduced the stable boy to curling up in tears in a fetal position as they were his boss' favorites and he was so dead now. Since obviously an armed nutcase randomly wandering in and attacking your boss' property is all your fault. :p

• 1 year later...

idk I actually really enjoyed that game. It has its downs, but all in all it was not bad. Got all the achievements, too (except for the glitched ones obviousely) The worst fact about this game is, that it is impossible to get the full 1000:gsicon:'s. Usually I probably wouldn't care, but if I finish a game and get all the possible cheevos, I feel kind of unsatisfied, if I can't get the game 100%ed. I mean, if you put cheevos in a game, it should be possible to achieve them all. If not from the beginning, than there should be a bug fix available sooner or later...

Otherwise, as said, it was a good game.

• 10 months later...