Weapon proficiency HELP

SLERDY

your weapons proficiencies are based on XP earned while holding that weapon type. even though you are lvl 61 you still earn xp, and can still raise proficiencies. You need to kill (or have team mates do it) high XP enemies will holding the weapon you want to raise the proficiency in. You don't actually need to kill stuff with said weapons, just be holding it when you get the xp, so you could lay into something with a x4 fire smg and while it's still burning switch to a sniper when it dies you'll get xp toward your sniper rifle proficiency. If you're level 61 crawmerax and his minions are your best bet, motorhead and skyscraper are ok as well.

you're not killing enough high XP enemies, when you're a high level you need a high XP kill to even make your proficiency bar budge a bit. you can kill maniacs and midgets all day, it's not gonna help. Go kill motorhead 5 or 6 times, I bet you'll raise it a few levels just with that. Seriously, crawmerax is the best for this, go to one of the glitch spots and just kill all the maggots and purple or green worms, I had my launcher proficiency on my hunter at level 0, an afternoon of craw farming later it was at 50.

Do as a Gealt says and Farm Crawmerax, I was farming him yesterday for Artifacts and Mods, Just wittle him down to nearly dead and then change to the weapon you want your profiency to go up on just before he dies. I got my Pistol from 42-50 and my Sniper from 29-40 after about the 9th time we killed him.

Do as a Gealt says and Farm Crawmerax, I was farming him yesterday for Artifacts and Mods, Just wittle him down to nearly dead and then change to the weapon you want your profiency to go up on just before he dies. I got my Pistol from 42-50 and my Sniper from 29-40 after about the 9th time we killed him.
Dude. we found that out bcos of me...lol i said to change weapon just before he dies.

It's pretty obvious that if you change weapons before killing the bad guys you gain xp with that weapons , I've been doing that before the expansion where out

You can also grind the guardian level , eridian something (last level , before the vault boss)

If you have the Hunter and put your points in the ignoring shield perk , you can save a lot of time and bullets , i've grind all my gun with this except rocket and eridian , which I grind with Crawmerax , I'm level 30 with the eridian , not sure i'll finish it , it's so long to get enough damage to kill cramerax or the guardian with that (since the shot don't ignore they shield.)