Is Halo the worst online community?

Seraph Xii

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i`ve just made a stupid betrayel. i had the shotgun and i pumped one of my teammates right in the face, as he walked around the corner.

it was just a reflex, boom.

i expected to get booted , but thats not happend.

then i sent him a message, telling him im sorry because it was 6 in the morning and it was my last match for the day.

i expected a flame mail like "sell halo and quit playing", but he was calm and understood my epic disorientation.

after watching it again in theater,i think i would kick him at least out of the game: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=14796234&player=EvilEric666

so not every halo player is a bad teamplayer, but i think that has somethink to do with the age of your teammates...:drunk

I ask because the amount of games I've been in where people are dicks amazes me.

On FF: I get a ghost and another player constantly trying to shoot me with a rocket launcher to destroy it, perhaps because I got the ghost or maybe he just didn't want anybody to use it.

In grifball: Constant team kills against the bomb holder because other people on the team want to score themselves.

In any team MP game: Anybody gets a wraith/banshee first and generally several team mates try to shoot them or fire an overcharged plasma shot.

In team games where team killing doesn't matter: Players constantly killing each other because someone got the sniper/rocket launcher and they wanted it.

That is literally everything that happens to me everday when I play. Especially the FIREFIGHT one, beachhead is the only fucking map i can get the vehical kills on :mad:

I do have to admit, L4D is by far the worst I've seen on XBL. I've been kicked so many times because I wasn't wearing my headset in the match.

Maybe because you're playing a teamwork oriented game that requires communication?

I ask because the amount of games I've been in where people are dicks amazes me.

On FF: I get a ghost and another player constantly trying to shoot me with a rocket launcher to destroy it, perhaps because I got the ghost or maybe he just didn't want anybody to use it.

In grifball: Constant team kills against the bomb holder because other people on the team want to score themselves.

In any team MP game: Anybody gets a wraith/banshee first and generally several team mates try to shoot them or fire an overcharged plasma shot.

In team games where team killing doesn't matter: Players constantly killing each other because someone got the sniper/rocket launcher and they wanted it.

Just a few examples, I don't play online very much but Jesus, what's wrong with Halo players?

I hear ya man. I was playing griffball yesterday and this one guy kept stealing my kills and betraying me, so i betray him once and i spent the rest of the game being spawn killed by my 2 teammates.

Seriously this is old news. Team based games are always full of wankers wanting the gun or vehicle you just got. They try killing you any way possible just to get it. It's a main reason why 3/4 of players in a match dont wear there headset.

The only way to counter act this is to have more playlists dedicated to specific weapons and vehicles only. For instance team rockets, ghost slayer where everyone starts in a ghost or tank slayer. Something were everyone gets what they want and get this shit out of there system. Aint gonna happen cause what do i know, im only the managing director of EA(european arseholes).

I second this 110%.

Having spent almost all of March playing GTA4, I think it's worse than Reach, CODMW2, Black Ops, and Far Cry 2's COMBINED.

I haven't played GTA4 in about two years because my PS3 broke, and I was thinking about getting it again, but for the 360. So I was wondering, what's so bad about the community on it, because I didn't really notice anything back then.

I haven't played GTA4 in about two years because my PS3 broke, and I was thinking about getting it again, but for the 360. So I was wondering, what's so bad about the community on it, because I didn't really notice anything back then.

i guess it depends on what settings you play on, for the most part i found that every playlist had a big number of assholes :p. especially ifyou are trying to get achievements (races and such), there are a bunch of lvl 10 lil kids who run around making sure nobody has fun lol

I don't think there's such thing as a worst online community. Any game with an online community has people who are assholes either naturally or doing it to try to get a rise out of people. The common use of mics on Xbox Live makes it seem like it's worse than other games but even stuff like World of Warcraft has tons of scammers and hackers in the community. I'd actually say Blizzard games (as awesome as they are) have the worst online community because you're subject to more than just rude behavior.

Just a few examples, I don't play online very much but Jesus, what's wrong with Halo players?

I agree with you 100%! I've had my own teammates shoot my vehicle just because THEY wanted it. I mean I enjoy Halo,but I wish my teammates would just enjoy the game and not betray me by shooting my vehicle I mean enough is enough...

They also kill you if you take the weapon they want -_- . If I wanted the shotgun for instance and some else took it then I would just walk away and know that one of my teammates has the weapon and not an enemy -_- What ever happened for the love of the game..

I find with Reach that I get no problems at all, I play a lot of multi team and rumble pit.

except for this one time when I was playing better than someone with a higher ranking, the guy was like, Hero or legend or something. he was shit and sent me a "fuck you" message because I won a match.

I used to like BTB for the use of vehicles. i never ran for them or camped waiting for them, but they are....errr were an advantage. Now like mentioned, if your team isn't all partied up getting a vehicle is suicide. Even the a-hols in vehicles will kill you in a vehicle.

I was in a banshee and I'll be damed my own Tank shot me out of the air.. AFTER I said I had the banshee and to call out anywhere I may be of some help.

The tank KID screeched "i'VE GOT THIS UNDER CONTROLL". He did unitll I bombed the living shit of of his tank... Then he quit and cried to mommy, calling ME an unfair team player.

Another fine example in one of my last FF games: Rocket FF match, I grab a sniper since I'm getting sick of rockets these days, get up to a good vantage point, a Legend ranked player constantly shooting me (which with rockets nudges you which you probably already know) and I of course fell off, every time I tried to snipe it was the same thing. Anyway I continued with rockets, he starts to AFK for 2 rounds straight after that (so I guess he just wanted to mess up my day) and then when the bonus round starts, I find a good position and yet again he pops out to keep shooting me.

Unbelievable.

ya i would say the halo community is getting worse. i thought it was fine in halo 3, there were some problems, but that comes with any online game. teabagging was about as bad as it got, and thats all in good fun

now with reach, its like bungie attracted all the COD players, and children who QQ and rage about everything.

This, unfortunately, seems to be accurate. Well, it's at least how I feel as well. Multiplayer is great fun with friends though.

It's pretty bad, probably the worst that I've played. Halo is the game I play most though, so that's probably why. It's always funny when I get teabagged, then when I check the stats at the end of the match find that I have the most kills, and the person who teabagged me has the least amount. People who suck really shouldn't be doing that. I never do it unless someone does it to me first.

Then of course you have the dickheads who kill you for weapons/vehicles, people who quit out if they don't like the gametype or map, etc.

Well, you do meet trash talking people in Gears, and i thought that was pretty bad.

LOL, really? Their are trash talkers in every community, not just Gears. I play Gears 2 ALOT, and I can honestly say Halo and COD series have way more trash talkers.

Every online game has it's fair amount of dicks.

Exactly, and those dicks probably play Halo, Gears, L4D, and COD!

Gears 2 and CoD have a far worse community than Halo.

Actually Halo's community is pretty sound....

Seriously?! You havent read all the above posts or experienced what people have posted above? I only have played Halo 3, but as an overall online experience I would have to rank it as the worst online community, except for Chromehounds, but it doesnt exist anymore.

I don't think there's such thing as a worst online community. Any game with an online community has people who are assholes either naturally or doing it to try to get a rise out of people. The common use of mics on Xbox Live makes it seem like it's worse than other games but even stuff like World of Warcraft has tons of scammers and hackers in the community.

I can agree with this staetment to an extent. Every online game has cheaters/hackers, obscene trash talkers, and people who play to irratate everyone else, but because of the ability to kill teamates and the desire to get the best weapon/vehicle I believe this exacerbates the situation.

Sadly, this game matches you against people of similar skill/XP, and if you don't come back very often, you are more likely to play against assholes, you don't care about the game.

Also, the grifball issue you addressed, they are actually trying to "launch" you across the map, as that is one of the best tactics to use for winning. If you jump when they swing, you can make it across the map in seconds.

I also reverted to MLG just because of the more mature players, and lack of vehicles and minimization of betrayal on purpose.

Well if you did it on purpose, I would have betrayed you too. It's such a dick thing to do to yoink people on your team and I hate the fact that a medal exists for it further compelling people to be assholes.

If you did it by accident though, like just turning the corner, seeing the guy, and shooting on instinct, then that's okay, but it's hard to tell whether it's on purpose or not unless you're talking to the guy.

lol what a douche...its all in good fun