Who's better for farming Valmanways? Alucard or Soma ?

I have one Valmanway which I got with Soma, with a luck of 5, but is it possible to get another one? I've been playing as Alucard trying to get one since Soma has so many rares on Chapter 6, but sadly no luck. I see other people get it as Soma,or Alucard, but not me (Usually Soma,but recently went back to Alucard to see if that would better my chances)

If, anyone would want to help me it would be deeply appreciated! But, if you do not want to I understand( It is a pain in the ass after all )

Edited by Cloud1992

I got my second Valmanway on when I was playing chapter 6 with a friend of mine. The first time,and second time my friend beat him,but I opened it and got nothing good,but the second time he beat him I opened it again my friend got a Claimh Solais, and I got my second Valmanway.

It must be either:p completely random or based off personal luck as an individual I have no idea. :p

I was farming for Miser Rings in Chapter 7 last night with Soma and in 20 runs, I got 2 Valmanways, 1 Winged Boots, 1 Royal Crown and 3 Astarte Souls with semi-luck gear on (35 LCK).

I can help farm in Chapter 6 as I still need Dracula's Tunic. Send me a msg @ GT: LoRMuN BoY

I got a miser ring last night. I had three people( Two who were experienced,and very good friends of mine that knew what they were doing, and one of my friends who just got the DLC and who not even playing -_-) and they stood outside while I was fighting the boss with a Valmanway,Kasier knuckle, Succubus,and R.Medusa head. I'm actually glad only one of us went in there becaue if she hit me or my friend with the charm ability of hers it would have been over lol.

I went in there with about 17 min and beat her with about 6-7 mins left. It was crazy how strong she was. I would have been mad of she had given us crap after all that! :p

I'd say it's a little easier to get with Alucard on Chap. 6. I got mine with Soma though. Over 400 Dracula kills and he's only dropped 3 Valmanways, Max Boss Souls, 2 Satans Rings, 1 Claimh Solais(sp?), and countless Drac Tunics. So it'll probably take you a while to get another one. I'm not sure if the drop rates are higher on the DLC maps. I've played them all a lot, and not a single one has dropped. Maybe the game just doesn't wanna give me another one though, haha.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure that you still need help getting your valmanways, but I can say for certain that one of the fastest ways to farm them is with Alucard on Chapter 7.

Alucard using the Kaiser Knuckle(or even better, Kaiser +1) can tear through Astarte in seconds, even in Luck gear.

The relatively small drop pool in Chapter 7 means an increased chance of getting your Valmanway with either Soma or Alucard, and in the process you might even pick up the occasional Miser Ring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...