Miser Ring

I got mine both solo almost back to back. Two Thief rings and an Ebisu w/Maria. Luck must be a huge factor in this game. Last night I used Soma w/2Thief, an Ebisu, and the Dead Warrior soul on Ch10 Hard and managed to get myself a Claimh Solais +1.

I got mine both solo almost back to back. Two Thief rings and an Ebisu w/Maria. Luck must be a huge factor in this game. Last night I used Soma w/2Thief, an Ebisu, and the Dead Warrior soul on Ch10 Hard and managed to get myself a Claimh Solais +1.

So, I'm guessing equip to thief ring and the ebisu before I start the level or the boss fight ?

Works pretty good for myself too.

So, right after I killed Ashtarte today, I went back to the nearby book and equipped 2 Thief Rings, and went back to open up the boss chest. After about 150+ unsuccessful Miser runs, I finally got my second Miser at 319 kills. I guess the thief rings really do make a difference in finding rare boss drops after all.

I got my second one just a couple days ago. Me, and friends of mine were just messing around and then *POOF* Miser ring. Castlevania HD can somehow tell what you want and find ways NOT to give it to you.

Good luck to anyone attempting to get a miser ring!

Thanks again guys! What a great community!

I didn't swap out equipment, just wore luck stuff through the whole level. You might be able to swap out though... When I got my Claimh Solais+1, I swaped soma gear right before the boss fight and brought his luck from 5 to 54.

• 1 year later...
Would Fuma be the best character for farming these, seeing as he can't receive four of the unique drops (decollete/valmanway/badelaire/souls)? Miser rings are my highest priority at the moment but I'm having no luck at finding them.

You more than likely not believe me about how the Luck system works in this game, but Luck does have an effect on the Chest. However, in Multi-player the person who is in First place--their luck applies to the chest. You can run attack Gear up until you see the Gold chest appear, then switch to the following before opening the Chest on Chapter 7: Royal Crown, Three 7's, Two Thief Rings, and the Ebisu Raiment--if you have it)

So, that being said it's wise to get a group of people you know, via Xbox Live or reality you know will cooperate. For Miser Rings--I would recommend Soma,as he has the highest drop pool of all the characters, the highest Luck of the Male characters, and can easily kill Astrate(Spelled wrong?).

You will not see immediate results!! Don't say "Luck never works." I am sick and tired of people saying Luck does not apply in this game. Luck has been a major attribute in the Castlevania Series for weapon/ item drops so why wouldn't it work now? Your luck is percentile. For example: 51 luck as a percent is 5.1% versus 5 which is 1/2(.5).

That being said, Good Luck! Here if you don't believe me look at this. If this is not enough proof then good luck farming forever.

Chapters 1-10:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBzivyAG88U&list=UU-oAWSUWbTCHTIffCX21K6A&index=6&feature=plcp]Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - Luck Runs Chapter 1-10 - YouTube[/ame]

Chapter 9(50x runs) :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_z6cRehTaw&list=UU-oAWSUWbTCHTIffCX21K6A&index=4&feature=plcp]Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - Chapter 9 (Hard) Luck Runs x50 - YouTube[/ame]

Chapter 10:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1FxUu1BnD0&list=UU-oAWSUWbTCHTIffCX21K6A&index=7&feature=plcp]Castlevania Harmony of Despair: All Luck Run #3 with 6 players (Chapter 10 Hard) - YouTube[/ame]

Luck run # 4:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri33VMj-ux4&list=UU-oAWSUWbTCHTIffCX21K6A&index=8&feature=plcp]Castlevania Harmony of Despair: Luck Run # 4 - YouTube[/ame]

I have almost 9 Miser Rings, but I don't like running Attack Gear as it makes the game way too easy; plus, I have every item in this game. Just try, and I guarantee you will get a 5 star in 100 runs or less! Anyways, happy farming. :)

The problem with Luck is that noone, including Konami Customer Support (they have given answerd that contradict themselves), knows how it exactly works. Everyone who talks about Luck working gives mostly just anecdotal evidence ("So, when I equipped Luck gear, after 5 runs, I got a Miser Ring!"), however, that is not really sufficient - I have tried over 200 Luck-based runs on Chapters 10 and 11 and have yet to get Retro Helmet or Fuma Armor.

Additionally, due to lagging, some people (including me) have proven that it doesn't matter who kills the boss/is first on the scoreboard/opens the chest/whatever, because the chest drops are determined before the level starts, during the loading screen. I can attest to that because I saw it happening a few times already; someone from my party (twice it was me, sometimes someone else) got disconnected a hit or two before the boss got killed and chest opened, but the d/c'd player still was standing there for the group (!). In result, the disconnected player got the same item as his "ghost" got from the group (in my cases, it was a R. Firebomb and a Minerva Mask respectively), thus proving that it doesn't matter who opens the chest, who kills the boss and who leads the scoreboard.

Luck has been a major attribute in the Castlevania Series for weapon/ item drops so why wouldn't it work now?

Because in other Castlevania games, the drops are coming from the monsters directly, or they are laying around in the castle all the time and you can just pick them up. The only exception was Order of Ecclesia, in which brown-colored chests held several items from a drop pool, but iirc, these were not influenced by the Luck stat.

That the items that enemies directly drop (e.g. souls, spells, food items and some of the weapons and shields) are affected by Luck has been proven countless times and is secure. It still is a question whether or not Luck affects the chest drops when they are determined in the loading sequence, however, I would say that the effect is minuscule. Even if it worked, the runs take longer with Luck-gear than with Attack-gear, so in the time I got 1 Luck-run done, I might as well have 2 normal runs done and have a higher chance of success.

Again, I'm not saying Luck doesn't work, I just think that going by the evidence that has been collected it doesn't have much influence on chest drops in particular.

So, that being said it's wise to get a group of people you know, via Xbox Live or reality you know will cooperate. For Miser Rings--I would recommend Soma,as he has the highest drop pool of all the characters, the highest Luck of the Male characters, and can easily kill Astrate(Spelled wrong?).

Are you saying having a high drop pool is a good thing when going for misers, or is it mostly for the additional luck that you're suggesting Soma? I have everything else from the level apart from souls, and whilst that wouldn't be a terrible thing to get I die a little inside when I see a "rare" drop that I've maxed out.

I have tried over 200 Luck-based runs on Chapters 10 and 11 and have yet to get Retro Helmet or Fuma Armor

I feel you, it took over 250 soft-resets for each of the Fuma set pieces wearing a semi-luck set up (was just missing a second thief ring). Once I got the second ring I had already found the greaves and armour, but it still took 193 more resets for the helmet. Would you recommend Soma for chapter 7 farming as well, or do you think the characters have equal chance?

Thanks for the insight guys. I've done about 380 runs so far with 50 of them being luck ones, I'll switch to Soma for now and see if I can catch a break.

Edit: just got my first miser ring, took 790 runs total. Luck does nothing if you ask me, now to get another one...

Edited by Didi Mau

For Misers?

Bigger drop pools mean smaller chances to get stuff.

Shanoa has the biggest drop pool out of all characters (male and female gear + her exclusive stuff), while the other girls have the smallest drop pool (and the highest luck stat if that matters).

Basically, it's like this in terms of drop pool size: Shanoa - Soma - Alucard - Whippers - Fuma - Caster girls

I have 7 Misers, and got them with all different types of characters - the first one I got with Alucard, the second with Maria. I got one w/ Shanoa, 2 with Charlotte, one with Yoko and I forgot who the other characters were I got the others with.

Edited by RedArremer