So... Catherine or Katherine?

TofuFishy

I know the game doesn't come out till the day after tomorrow (or, if I'm lucky tomorrow considering I got my pre-order a day early last time), but I figure it'd be nice to know what you guys think based on the trailers, rumors, etc. and after actually playing the game for yourself.

So who would you rather choose and why? Catherine vs. Katherine.

So I'm the only one who'd say Catherine (if I were a guy)? I feel alone. =P

I enjoy someone more free and not tied down. I mean Katherine has a nice, calm, nature. I can see her as being a good mother--a little strict but out of love. But I think it's a little more fun with Catherine and she doesn't seem so... smutty... she seems a bit innocent actually (I just started the game shut up xP). But she gives a more carefree air, and thats what I like.

I guess it takes a special kind of crazy to get a girl to send you naughty pics over the phone.

The idea of getting with a Catherine type is hot, but I couldn't handle a girl with that crazy personality for the long run.

Erika is pretty cute too. I can dig the tomboy.

WARNING SPOILERS BELOW(highlight if you WANT to read)

It has been hinted that Erica was possibly a boy back in High School in one of the endings. Revealing that she was known as "Eric" back in school. There is also a possibility that she took female hormones to transition but it's not been 100% proven.

It could be that she was just a tomboy and theorists just want to jump on the sex change bandwagon like with Poison from Final Fight.

Regardless I prefer Erica over both Catherine's despite if anything above be true.

Edited by FeLizP

It has been hinted that Erica was possibly a boy back in High School in one of the endings. Revealing that she was known as "Eric" back in school. There is also a possibility that she took female hormones to transition but it's not been 100% proven.

It could be that she was just a tomboy and theorists just want to jump on the sex change bandwagon like with Poison from Final Fight.

Regardless I prefer Erica over both Catherine's despite if anything above be true.

The final fight transsexual debate was because a loss in translation from Japan to US. Somehow it became canon.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS (Highlight to read)

And I was just THINKING about the whole Erica thing too. Just read it in the wiki after beating the game but I NEVER would have thought about any of that supposed spoiler until I read that. I can't remember if she was pretending to have seen the nightmares, was seeing nightmares because she kept talking or hearing about them, or if she actually WAS in the nightmares. She didn't really show any of the symptoms of exhaustion like the guys did.

Edited by Ryot Control

I'd have to go with K, though I do agree Erica is appealing. It seems that the females who play the game tend to lean towards C I had one of my coworkers say, "I'm going to make love to this poster tonight." in refrence to a Catherine poster.

EDIT: My coworker being female of course.

The final fight transsexual debate was because a loss in translation from Japan to US. Somehow it became canon.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS (Highlight to read)

And I was just THINKING about the whole Erica thing too. Just read it in the wiki after beating the game but I NEVER would have thought about any of that supposed spoiler until I read that. I can't remember if she was pretending to have seen the nightmares, was seeing nightmares because she kept talking or hearing about them, or if she actually WAS in the nightmares. She didn't really show any of the symptoms of exhaustion like the guys did.

Interesting input, let me use your Spoiler method as i failed to do so in my original post.

SPOILERS BELOW (Highlight to Read)

I sincerely believe that Erica WAS actually in some of the nightmares. Look at it as her former "male" side coming out. Genetically she was probably born male which is who Boss targets, cheating or disloyal males. What's weird though is if that IS the case then who is she being disloyal to? The story brought out how she was hurt and disappeared for a while in which case everyone thought she was dead.

But you're right she didn't show any symptoms like the guys but she is a woman now so maybe that's why she is not as affected? Perhaps she is in some weird state between Male and Female with the ability of having some partial nightmares while at the same time not getting quite affected by them.

Nonetheless I would like to learn more about this Erica she is my favorite character in Catherine and definitely the hottest(regardless of the info above) next to Trisha the hostess of Golden Playhouse. If anything the questionable background of Erica makes her hotter. Haha. :p

My pick would be Midnight Venus(Trisha):)..........I guess i'm the only one:(

Like I said above! Oh by the way if you're a big Trisha fan then that should motivate you to complete the Axis Mundi Babel Stage(unlockable by obtaining 9 gold prizes on Normal+)

You unlock a special video featuring Trisha. Although, you can simply see it on Youtube it would be much more gratifying if you actually work for it provided you have the necessary puzzle skills to do so.

Edited by FeLizP

Genetically she was probably born male which is who Boss targets, cheating or disloyal males.

***Spoilers***

Off Topic...

Well it turns out later in the game that he was targeting the men who would string along the fertile women in a relationship that had no plans to procreate. That's why Jonny was in the nightmare.

I think Erica used to be a man too! Didn't put 2 and 2 together until I saw my first ending. The True Lover ending. After watching It I just thought that maybe because she was a tomboy, they called her Eric.

But after hearing that, on my second playthrough every time Erica is mentioned there are so many little hints, that point towards her being a trany. :eek:

It's such a hard decision to pick IMO. Catherine would appear to me as my ideal woman. (Mind and Body) I don't think I'd have the willpower to resist that. But I think Katherine is the better choice for the long term, meaningful relationship... If that's what I wanted.

Edited by StaticVito

****POTENTIAL SPOILERS EVEN IN THE QUOTED SECTION***

SPOILERS BELOW (Highlight to Read)

I sincerely believe that Erica WAS actually in some of the nightmares. Look at it as her former "male" side coming out. Genetically she was probably born male which is who Boss targets, cheating or disloyal males. What's weird though is if that IS the case then who is she being disloyal to? The story brought out how she was hurt and disappeared for a while in which case everyone thought she was dead.

******AGAIN, POTENTIAL SPOILERS*******

Boss was targeting any male that was in some way or another hindering further procreation of the human race. In other words anyone that was holding up reproduction in any way was targeted. Hence why Erica might be targeted if she was indeed a he at one point.