Finally The truth about Luck. I got all rare very fast

Finally Konami said this is the players who kill the boss who affect Luck drop Chest for everyone. That means if you try wearing a Luck gear playing online and dont kill the boss your luck will not affect the rate boss chest. That will explain why I get more rare playing solo than online.

It's sad cause I have try a lot of online luck games for nothing:)

The hard way of Solo Luck Run paid me very well.

Know we finally know about Luck

But even wearing a Luck gear my most difficult rare to get was the Ebisu Raimnent.

This news may change the way people play online cause they will wanna know who is the Luck bearers who will give the final blow.

Edited by RocketGuy

Wrong I played 20 runs with 56 LCK got the last kill (with 3 mates) and I definately got the last kill cuz I was killing him on my own for the last minute whilst they just dodged his attacks. We all got the same crappy items (no feather boots, no claim +1, no val +1).

We did 5 runs on CH11 with us all having 5-8 LCK and 3 times we got rare items. I think konami are talking out their arse tbh. I think they just don't know and are giving false hope and information to keep you "interested" in the game and want to play it.

I hope i'm wrong but again 20 times is a hell of alot of times to not get 1 rare with 56 LCK.

Wrong I played 20 runs with 56 LCK got the last kill (with 3 mates) and I definately got the last kill cuz I was killing him on my own for the last minute whilst they just dodged his attacks. We all got the same crappy items (no feather boots, no claim +1, no val +1).

20 runs isn't exactly a lot.

Have you ever checked the item compendium to see what 5 vs 51 luck does for things like perjora's masks dropping yasutsana? its a few percent.

So if it scales evenly with say valmanway + 1, it goes from around less than 1 percent to 4-5, 5 percent is still a LOW percentage.

Just to give an example, probability states for a 5 percent drop that your chance at getting it in 20 runs should be roughly 64 percent. ((1-(.95^20) = .6415). Means more likely than not you should have it but hey, I have flipped a coin and come up heads 10x in a row before. Crazy shit happens.

Thats assuming its as high as even 5 percent with 56 luck. Probably isn't.

Now don't mistake what I'm saying, I don't know the drop percentages of any items except what they show me (souls+items that drop from monsters, not chests) but in my experience luck seems to have improved my bosss drops. Could I have gotten pure random luck? of course.

Seems questionable that most of the people who tried have benefitted rather quickly while you havn't though doesn't it? You could just be on the bad luck side of the percentages.

The only thing I really question right now is the "trigger is the one who kills the boss". I farmed chapter 11 normal with my brother with luck and he always killed the boss, I looted the chest (we did speed runs splitting up the level he got to the boss first and killed it before I made it there). It didn't take long to get 2 thief rings and 2 ebisu rainments (I got 2 in the first 3 runs annoyingly enough).

He always had the minimum luck, I had the max I could equip, still worked out fine. Again, I may have gotten lucky, it happens from time to time (he got sonic boots in like 10 runs of chap 9, I'm still waiting on them).

Edited by Chem

500th run on CH10...still nothing I wouldnt say "it seems questionable that most of the people who tried have benefitted rather quickly while I havn't"...

Around 100 runs with my LCK at max with soma (20 of them I know I got the last kill as I said). I have only ever seen 10 valmanway +1 on CH10 and that was for someone else when my LCK was 5. I've never seen a claim +1 drop in my 500 runs.

If that seems "quick" to you then cool

I have 4 Claim Solais +1 and 2 Valmanway + 1 for about 100 solo luck runs(and all R.Drac).

With 51 Luck it's very easy to get a Miser's ring.

I have kill 256 ashtarte with no luck and she has never drop the miser ring.

With 51 Luck I get 2 Misers in 20 runs.

In chapter 5 with 51 Lck I get 2 Death Robe in 10 runs seeking for Truffles. So yes Luck affect a lot the rate drop chest.

And a tricks for chapter 10 to get more luck is to eat the food before the boss room cause the effect last about 4 min and they gave you a + 5 LCK if you dont have truffles cause they are not stackable.

If you are up to your 500th runs and still no Val +1 or Claim +1 you should try using Luck a little more dont you think cause at this rate you will get nothing and you will be at your 1000th run. It's up to you :)

Edited by RocketGuy

Ever since I started equipping luck after defeating the boss things have been falling into my lap, and I had the worst luck of anyone I knew that played this game. Granted it did not work every time, but it did help. I also doubt the whole "whoever lands the final blow" thing. I been running with my kid and he has gotten very lucky as well without equipping luck and landing the final blow, but If I open the chest for him and have the luck on, he makes bank. Dont give up Klarkus. I know where you are coming from and it is frustrating.

What everyone needs to keep in mind is it's all Luck, literally. Simply think of it like gambling (I'm sure Konami left something out so the odds are in the games/houses favor). Gear will only help improve your odds, it doesn't mean you equip 50+ LCK equals instant success. Be patient and eventually the luck will be in your favor.

How do you get your luck up into the 50's? The highest I have is Charlotte with 32. Soma and Alucard only go up to 20 something!

Soma:

Soul: Dead Warrior Soul (+9 Maxed)

Head: Royal Crown/Uraeus (+5) [Drops: Chapter 7 Boss (Hard)]

Chest: Three 7's (+7) [Drops: Chapter 3 Purple Chest, Chapter 7 Purple Chest]

Back: Any Raiment (all of them give +5 LCK) [Drops: Chapter 9 and 11]

Accessory 1: Thief Ring (+10) [Drops: Chapter 3 Boss Chest (Hard), Chapter 11 Boss Chest (Normal)

Accessory 2: Thief Ring (+10)

You start off with 5 and with all the equips, +46 more, which is 51. If you happen to be in chapter 11, the R. Meat Strip (or whichever one drops around the castle), gives you an extra +5 LUCK, making it 56.

Edited by Kaira

the R. Meat Strip (or whichever one drops around the castle), gives you an extra +5 LUCK, making it 56.

Speaking of luck food, I have compiled a list of food items that have an effect on luck, both positive and negative! Hope it helps!

• Truffle : +12 LCK
  • Berry Mousse Cake : +8 LCK
  • Caviar : +7 LCK
  • Foie Gras : +7 LCK
  • Pudding : +5 LCK
  • R. Meat Strip : +5 LCK
  • Mint Mousse Cake : +4 LCK
  • Tiramisu : +4 LCK
  • Strawberry Donut : +2 LCK
  • Berry Culler : +1 LCK
  • Cream Puff : +1 LCK
  • Strawberry : +1 LCK
  • Licorice : -3 LCK
  • Red Licorice : -5 LCK

On an added note, I have tried the "negative luck" trick with the Red Licorice food and it wasn't very conclusive... ok, it was only 9 runs (the amount of Red Licorice I had) and I only got crap... If having <0 LCK truly mistakes the game thinking you have like 99 LCK instead, I would have at least got a rare drop in one of my runs, considering how exponential luck seems to have an effect on drops the more you have! So I guess the negative trick only works with INT!

Well, a couple things about negative luck...

With the negative int bug, didn't Konami patch it? I would assume that if that was the case, they would have done the same thing with the other stats.

Second, while we now know that luck makes a huge difference, nobody is quite sure the effect of the Ebisu Raiment nor the Thief Rings. Most people running luck runs now wear these items. They could add a little increase to rare drops, or a significant increase. It's hard to remove these out as factors too, because they tend to have the best luck by far of the capes and accessories. It could be that luck makes a small difference, and that 2 Thief Rings and an Ebisu Raiment are far superior to 99 luck.

• 3 months later...

I got a Claim Solais ( Not +1 ) on Chapter 6 on hard with my Soma that has 5 luck. During the course of the level I didn't get hit, but maybe once,and grabbed all the " Coins" that supposedly give you a better chance of getting a rare item(Which I doubt is true). I'm trying to get my second Valmanway,but Dracula is greedy and not giving it to me : /

I've had relatively clement luck compared to some - haven't augmented my luck specifically but usually it's 7 with my normal equipment, and from around 45 Chapter 6 Hard runs I've had 1 Valmanway, 1 Claimh Solais, 1 Dracula's Tunic and 1 Winged Boots, plus 7 Dracula souls.

That's presuming the monster compendium counts boss kills for the entire party, not just the ones that you scored the final blow on... in which case it could be many, many more! I don't think I've killed Dracula myself anywhere near that many times though. This is my experience, the game hasn't been too elusive with its rares for me.

EDIT: Just ran Chapter 6 on normal four times to look for a second Satan's Ring with luck gear taking my stat up to 17 (bit rubbish I know!) and got Dracula's soul twice, maxing it out :) so perhaps I'd be better off doing that from now on?

ANOTHER EDIT: Satan's Ring sucks for a rare, I've since discovered - dual Artemisian and Apollonian rings are better, and much, much easier to obtain (had them inside an hour). They come from regular chests (yes, that's right!) on normal (yes, that's right again!) chapter 8 ;)

Edited by Reverendjc