Will Modern Warfare 3 online have a subscription fee?

What annoys me is that no one that has any control over CoD or the direction of the franchise has ever said it'll cost to play the game. Just some industry expert douche said it was something they should consider because they have such a huge player base.

No one at any of the development studios, publishing houses or anyone, ANYONE that has any power or influence has ever said there would be a fee. Why has this become such a big thing?

What annoys me is that no one that has any control over CoD or the direction of the franchise has ever said it'll cost to play the game. Just some industry expert douche said it was something they should consider because they have such a huge player base.

No one at any of the development studios, publishing houses or anyone, ANYONE that has any power or influence has ever said there would be a fee. Why has this become such a big thing?

An industry expert douche who has never played the game, and will likely get his copy the same day we get ours. Just another person making stuff up to get their article/blog noticed.

• 1 month later...
An industry expert douche who has never played the game, and will likely get his copy the same day we get ours. Just another person making stuff up to get their article/blog noticed.

True, so far it's just been people predicting trends and such... but Kotick or whatever his name always hint at it?

All I know is I'll wait to get mine used.

/Bangs head on wall.

JD and 402 have said the online multiplayer will never be subsciption based.**

Unless your into the COD Elite, the glorified Excel Database of stats for your games (Which is free or paid for if you want the full version), then thats different.

When I talk to people at work they go 'I hear you have to pay to play online on the new COD'. Rather than check out and varify this, they take it as gospel.

Im expecting a load of these threads popping up all the way upto launch, like with Black Ops.

**It would be niave to assume it won't be like this forever though, im sure they've contemplated it.