Valmanway+1! (Yes, luck is highly involved)

I got my Val+1 today! I have to say, I strongly believe that luck is a crucial factor in rare drops. It was my first Chapter 10 run today also. I have a total of 60 kills on R. The Count (About 40 of them on hard). This is what I do to end up with 56 Luck at the end of the stage. Right after I kill Queen Medusa, I go forward, and kill the 2 Hunchbacks ahead, MAKE SURE YOU DON'T BREAK THE BLOCK WITH THE R. MEAT STRIP THAT THE SECOND HUNCHBACK IS STANDING ON! I'll get to why you don't break it in just a bit! Okay so, go through the stage or whatever (or do the Soma glitch if you don't want to go through the entire stage). After killing the Count, go back to the book at the bottom of the elevator, and change into these equips.

-Dead Warrior Soul

-Royal Crown

-Three 7s

-Benten Raiment

-Thief Ring

-Thief Ring

So by now, you should at least have about 51 Luck, this is when you go back to that one block the hunchback was standing on. Break it and take the food, which will ensure a solid 56 total Luck. It doesn't last forever, but unless you're really really slow, i'm sure you'll make it to the boss chest before it expires. I also use the method I read about in another post, about opening the chest in the middle of the flash. Do this for every run, i'm sure you'll get something good.

Using this method for 40 of my 60 total kills, I've managed to get a Claimh Solais+1, Max R.The Count souls, a few pairs of Feather Boots, and now a Valmanway+1. This won't give you something good EVERY run, but it'll definitely improve your chances of finding great drops. You should give it a try!

I just want a Valmanway :(

If I'm feeling greedy, a pair of +movement boots too... sigh. I can never find a good farming group at the random group deal... anyone wanna help a poor soul with enough runs to snag a Valmanway? I've got all the DLC levels, as well.

I just want a Valmanway :(

If I'm feeling greedy, a pair of +movement boots too... sigh. I can never find a good farming group at the random group deal... anyone wanna help a poor soul with enough runs to snag a Valmanway? I've got all the DLC levels, as well.

I'll help you out! Add me on XBL and i'll help you whenever I get the chance.

Jeah, i can help you too. I played as Jonathan, so i am searching for a Soma who can do the elevator glitch, because i dont want to play the whole chapter again and again.^^

my jonathan has a luck of 43. (with death robe, i can not beat the count with three 7s, but i am also a good player to surive his attacks ;))

@AfterHatred: I think the Ebisu Raiment (Chap.11 normal) is better than the Benton-Raiment, because i gives also 5 luck, but it have the same effect then a thief ring). But i didnt have one. Everytime i get an Thief ring from the Boss Chest.^^

Truffle's a a good way to boost your luck too. They give 12 luck. You can find them in Chapter 5 on a hard boss chest.

btw: today i recieved my first retro armor, so i only need a retro helmet, -boots and the cloak.:woop:

You can add me if you want.

Sry for my bad english, i am from Germany. ;)

Forgive me for the double post, but I just wanted to further prove this method works. I just got my second Val+1. Only 4 runs after getting my first. I also got another Claimh Solais+1 during those 4 runs. So yeah, i'm 100% sure this can't be coincidence or just my luck irl. Try it guys!

Yesterday, i have played a few rounds on various chapters and recieve a Mjöllnir, Gunger (Jeah, now i have a thunder god soma^^), Brauner-Soul, Ebisu Raiment and finally a Simons Cloak. My luck was a 48 (soma) and 38 (jonny). i equipped two tief rings and a ebisu raiment.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my first Valmanway + 1 a couple days ago while helping my friend get a weapon glyph scroll on chapter 10. But,that was on kill 66 I believe. Anyways, I've been trying to get my second solo since one of my friends got his second one of his solo runs,but all I seem to get with 56 luck with Soma is 4 star drops...I'm on kill 102 now :/

I feel like giving up :/

Any help? :p

• 2 months later...