Did yours come with an instruction booklet?

Zombiel

I got this game last night and it came with a little leaflet but no intruction manual. Is it supposed to come with one? I couldn't figure out how to answer the damn phone until I read this forum!

No. Games are starting to do without them. To save paper n stuff

The game doesn't do the best job of explaining everything to you. I think most people have tried to answer the phone! :p

I don't really understand why we need to save paper. We recycle most things, so the paper really isn't going to waste. I liked having booklets. Now I have to take other things to the bathroom with me.

No. Games are starting to do without them. To save paper n stuff

This. A few games these past few months have been doing the "thin" manuals. Most games include ingame tutorials, or manuals. And most info can be gained from basic online searches. So they say, to justify their "save paper" campaign.

I don't mind really. I was the type that loved to rip open a game, read the manual end to end, THEN start the game. I remember my friends thought I was a nerd, because I knew that the "mushroom doods" in SMB were called Goombas (sorry. didn't mean to show off my reading skills). Nowadays, I go to install the game to my HDD, and maybe browse the book. But mostly, it's just "jump in, and figure that shit out on the go". I just check for anything useful, like 48hr Gold passes.

I remember my friends thought I was a nerd, because I knew that the "mushroom doods" in SMB were called Goombas (sorry. didn't mean to show off my reading skills).

Haha, love this! I used to school my friends all the time on controls n junk, because I was the only one who ever read the manual.

I got this game last night and it came with a little leaflet but no intruction manual. Is it supposed to come with one? I couldn't figure out how to answer the damn phone until I read this forum!

Nope, no instruction booklets. Also, you can't technically answer the phone, right? It's just a notification to check your log/voicemail. Right?

i just think they are starting to assume we cant read...(might be true for some cases since all the games rated M have 8 year olds playing)

i loved the big booklets though the ones that made the case hard to close, lots of random info on stuff and this game i feel needs one.. so many wtf questions when they tell you use ranged attacks..answer the phone... i like a quick reference every now and then maybe little more in depth on chars manuals are good and fun screw the trees i want game education and reference guides strait from the developers.

oh yeah and i miss when they had the notes section in the back (granted always ran out of room) now i just have notebooks with scribbled notes all over the pages.