Rate the last movie you saw

3whiplash

Watched two in a row:

Lone Survivor (2013) [8/10]

American Hustle (2013) [7/10]

Oh and a Happy New Year to everyone! :drunk

Curious.. you wrote Lone Survivor, in Navy (the color)! and that's what I came here to rate (was gonna watch American Hustle too but couldn't bring myself to do it yet).

anyway...

Lone Survivor - 8.5/10

Starts off really slow, and I get it was probably there to add the feeling of brotherhood they all have and what not, but I don't think that point totally made it across in the way it could have been shown. Other than that, the movie was awesome, even with Mark Wahlberg in it.

Curious.. you wrote Lone Survivor, in Navy (the color)! and that's what I came here to rate (was gonna watch American Hustle too but couldn't bring myself to do it yet).

anyway...

Lone Survivor - 8.5/10

Starts off really slow, and I get it was probably there to add the feeling of brotherhood they all have and what not, but I don't think that point totally made it across in the way it could have been shown. Other than that, the movie was awesome, even with Mark Wahlberg in it.

You don't like Mark?

The Conjuring - 8.5/10

As simple as the sypnosis might be for another usual horror flick, it's stays smart for it's plot, characters, and most importantly, it's scares. I was close from almost giving it a 9/10 but unfortunately the trailer or commercials pretty much gave away most of its surprises and left me unpleasant, but either way it's still a really good horror film. (If you don't watch the trailer or commercials that is.)

Edited by CrazyMv94

'More Than Honey" --- documentary about honey bees (how the live in commercially run business vs small rural farming etc.) ... better than I thought and even Rotten Tomatoes gives it a good rating... :-)

7.5/10

Edited by dvdubb

Food Fight

I'm actually going to brief with this one. My son was watching it on the computer while I grinded away the Omega weapons on Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal. It's...a very strange movie. The premise is that the main characters are "Ikes" (short for Icons), basically the mascots of every name-brand in any store. You'll see Mr. Clean in there too from time to time...the main character is a dog named...Dax? I think that's how they spell it...and this "evil brand" comes in named X that is run by some hot chick and her very, very, very weird cronies.

I say very-very-very weird due to one in particular: the green dude. He's like a sadist, S&M, reptilian Tim Curry and freaks me the hell out. Everything he says is weird as heck...btw this is a children's movie yet there's MORE than enough sexual innuedo and "PG" cursing (they say "itch" instead of "bitch" and "what the fudge" instead of fuck by example...a lot...something like "chip" for shit too).

Eh...it's ok. It's got moments and the voice acting is good...for most characters. But the animation is horrible, it's one of those low-budget 3D films. Ya know the ones where the backdrop is just that...a backdrop...and you have characters that are constantly in focus while they talk like it belonged on Nick or the Disney Channel. Their movements are very strange too...production quality is mediocre, music is good but...yeah.

6/10

It's watchable and it's actually pretty dark for a kid's movie...I mean all these icons are practically killed in the middle of it .__. though they're brought back to life at the end...at least I think they are. Remember, I only partially watched this.

Hate to double-post but...

The Wolverine

Right, so I don't remember shit from the Xmen Trilogy. Sort of do...Sabretooth looked nothing like he did in Origins and Wolverine didn't seem to recognize him at the slightest in the first movie so...other than that, I'm a n00bie going into movies that take place AFTER the trilogy.

You get Logan, having dreams of Japan getting nuked to high hell and getting haunted by his creepy dead girlfriend with the those kooky looking eyes...some pink-haired Sakura cosplayer shows up with a sword and beats up some hunters before taking Hugh Jackman to Japan. He gets a shave, starts sleeping with his old nuke-buddy's granddaughter and loses the ability to not-die from getting shot like regular people. Then he gets that power back and is Jet Li'd by a bunch of arrows in the back. No effect.

Movie ends when he fights pointy claws-with-big silver samurai mech and suddenly ends up with the bone replacements that were shown in the Origins. His hawt Japanese girlfriend of the flick becomes a CEO of some company and the Sakura chick is his new bodyguard (because somewhere they bonded and she wanted to hang around, I don't even know). 90% of the movie's in Japan, which is fine and all...but the mid-credits scene shows Picard and Gandalf alive-and-well slowing down time and shit while screwing with Logan's metallic insides like always.

Some people die, some people don't...whatshisface from the Last Samurai (the dick-samurai, ya know the one) gets poisoned but somehow comes back seconds later like nothing even happened. Maybe it's explained in the comics, maybe it's overlooked? Why include a scene of him getting stabbed in the neck with poison if he's back up moments later barely effected by it and trying to kill folks?

It was a nice movie, but it's...empty. No offense to the Japanese cast but all you get is Wolverine and some snake-chick as far as mutants go (oh and Sakura can see the future ~_~). Other than the very end, you don't see anybody from other films and it didn't really come off as "fun" in the end. Sure the fighting is there but...it's 90% what you'd find in other standard action movies. At least Origins showed off other people's powers...this you get Wolverine, some poison-girl, a fortune teller and an old man in a mech. Oh and "ninjas".

7.5/10 - worth a watch, probably not something I'd stick with if it showed again on TV though.

EDIT: I did like the train scene though. The fight on the bullet-train, them jumping around and shit...also when he fakes out that other dude since they were using each other's facial expressions as cues when to jump. "Gonna jump, gonna jump, gonna- nah..." BLAM, Wolverine - 1, Yakuza - 0.

Edited by TVthePunisher

X-Men: First Class

Prequel to the popular X-Men franchise. Well, a prequel before a prequel (if you count X-Men Origins: Wolverine).

Story

We're introduced to youngster versions of Charles Xavier and Erik...something or other...uh..Magneto. Yeah. I think the whole Nazi-muddy camp with all the people being rounded up showed in one of the other movies but we're treated to that again and then Kevin Bacon! So Footloose here is the bad guy, offs Magneto's dear old mamma and is the overall reason Magneto is the vengeful, metal-bending villain we've come to love (and hate?). Oh, apparently Xavier also knew Mystique (not Rebecca Romijn this time around) since childhood.

Flash-forward to the 60's and it's in the middle of the Cold War (the "We might shoot you but we won't unless you give us a reason to" war for the kiddies). Xavier's grown up (not into Captain Picard yet) and so is Magneto (not Gandalf), both pursuing their separate goals. Xavier becomes a professor of genetics while Magneto hunts down Kevin Bacon and some ol' Nazis...turns out Bacon's up to no good with both the Ruskies and the 'Muricans as he tries to heighten tensions between both sides to FORCE the Cold War into a "Hot One". Xavier is recruited by the CIA due to his super-witty British intelligence and meets up with Magneto in his botched attempt at revenge (little did Bender realize that Tremors was a mutant as well, along with his henchmen including the predecessor to that blue guy from X2).

They become good friends as they gather up some other superhumans and ultimately come into conflict with Bacon, losing the "not-sure-if-she's-black" chick (to switching sides) and Token (the first mutant to die in the film is black...come on!). Everyone learns to become stronger, focusing their powers and it all leads into the Cuban Missile Crisis (which, for the lolz, was orchestrated by Kevin Bacon). The heroes swoop in and avert a crisis, have a short fight with other mutants and Magneto confronts Jack Marrand (Bacon for those that don't get my minor references) in the "Nuclear Reactor Room" where he forces a Nazi-nickle through Kevin's skull and well, he dies. A short fight on the beach after Magneto tries to use oncoming missiles from the humans...on the humans and Xavier gets a bullet to his spine (totally by accident...well, deflected-by-Magneto accident...) and the fighting stops. Everyone goes their separate ways, leading into the future.

--

It's really a good film. I enjoyed it, great acting by the "young cast" and I heard they're returning for the new Xmen movies (that Days of Future Past and Apocalypse). There was a nice little cameo by Hugh Jackman where all he says is "Go Fuck Yourself" to the new guys and they walk off ;>_>

9/10 - Can't really say anything bad about it, worth a rewatch if it's on TV or just in a marathon. I don't give it a 10 because I won't be raving about the movie for time to come ._.; but it was still a good watch!

Carrie 7/10

Now don't get me wrong this was a great movie! But it really wasn't a scary horror movie for me. I felt more sad for the young girl named Carrie then anything! Growing up with a physco mother, being bullied at school, then the only person that was actually nice to her dies because a prank goes wrong. Poor poor girl, then she flips and kills everyone that has burnt her. I like the ending tho, Sue is so messed up now... ha :woop: