One post for every freeze

Le Vampyr

A very popular thread on the battlelog forums for obvious reasons. Players should post here each time the game freezes on them (please refrain from double, triple etc. posting, edit your post until someone else posts and then you may post again).

Please answer these questions in your post if you can, so we can try and work out if there's a source to the freezing problems and where it freezes most.

1) Were you playing single player or multiplayer?

2) Did the game freeze at a loading screen, while the game was auto saving or simply mid-game?

3) If playing single player, what level were you playing / was being loaded? If playing multiplayer, what map and game mode were you playing on / was being loaded?

4) Any other notes to add? Such as if the game locked up on a particular screen, such as the "my soldier" screen or end of round screen.

5) What edition is your console (slim, arcade, launch etc.), and how old is it?

Question 5 will only need to be answered the first time you post in this thread however.

Edited by Le Vampyr †™

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiplayer.

2) Did the game freeze at a loading screen, while the game was auto saving or simply mid-game?

During loading screen, when entering a online match.

3) If playing single player, what level were you playing / was being loaded? If playing multiplayer, what map and game mode were you playing on / was being loaded?

Map: No Idea.

Mode: Conquest.

4) Any other notes to add? Such as if the game locked up on a particular screen, such as the "my soldier" screen or end of round screen.

Nope.

Slim

2 Months old.

When - last night (4.11.13)

1) Multiplayer

2) Froze once when joining server, and had to re-boot 360 to find when back in game my save file was corrupted and I had lost all opened battlepacks and options (re-opened BP's and had to reset all personal preferences). And in addition two further instances yesterday where I was part way through match and screen froze on me - pee'ing me off, as I was having a cracking match on both friggin occasions.

3) Conquest and number of maps *scratches head to remember names

4) Mixture - attempting to join server and part way through game

5) 250GB piano black Slim from launch

Edited by Bulldog LXXIII

A very popular thread on the battlelog forums for obvious reasons. Players should post here each time the game freezes on them (please refrain from double, triple etc. posting, edit your post until someone else posts and then you may post again).

Please answer these questions in your post if you can, so we can try and work out if there's a source to the freezing problems and where it freezes most.

:uzi: Single-player

:eek: It froze in the middle of the game, not at an auto-save point

:uzi:It froze the first time at the top of the hotel in "Shanghai." The second time it froze was in the gunboat scene in the "South China Sea" level.

:( No

Question 5 will only need to be answered the first time you post in this thread however.

360 Slim, 4 years old

Multiplayer.

During loading screen, when entering a online match.

Map: Dawn Breaket

Mode: Conquest.

Nope.

Slim

2 Months old

1) Multiplayer

2) mid-game

3) Dawnbreaker on Conquest

4) Many people have reported freezing issues related to both the Dawnbreaker and Resort map. The Resort map has froze my console during the loading screen on a few occasions, and the Dawnbreaker map has froze mid-game on multiplayer occasions.

5) Arcade edition, roughly 3 years old.

1) Multi.

2) Loading screen. This happens every four or so matches. I have to "hard shut down" and start again.

3) Trying to join an Obliteration game. After every 4 or so matches with every other mode.

4) Single player save game has been corrupted 3 times now. My Soldier info just isn't available to view at times.

5) Black 120GB one right before the slim came out. Whatever that one is.

Just gonna sell this back and pick it up down the line with a premium bundle or something when its all fixed. Can't believe this was released as is.

1) Were you playing single player or multiplayer? Multiplayer

2) Did the game freeze at a loading screen, while the game was auto saving or simply mid-game? ALL of the above

3) If playing single player, what level were you playing / was being loaded? If playing multiplayer, what map and game mode were you playing on / was being loaded? See answer above.

4) Any other notes to add? Such as if the game locked up on a particular screen, such as the "my soldier" screen or end of round screen. This game needs more love from it's dev team.

5) What edition is your console (slim, arcade, launch etc.), and how old is it? Halo 4 Slim, 1 Year old

Single player

During the game while shooting at boats.

I am on mission South China Sea.

Keeps freezing while destroying the small boats to get back to the Valkyrie

Halo 4 slim about 4-6 months.

Not a freeze but just as bad, had to restart the Baku level from the start. Getting tired of that music.

This game REALLY can't handle you stormtrooping the enemy placements. When crashing through Baku on Easy I charged the last line of enemies at the factory door and hit them from behind, the squad catching them in a cross fire. Somewhere there is a position checkpoint. After clearing the enemies, my squad all just hung back in their cover spots yelling about "clearing sectors".

So I wandered around looking for an unseen enemy: nothing, and my guys didn't move. Restarted checkpoint, I started on the factory floor, my guys all still in their spots but at least one of them came forward, running through the terrain and then fell through the floor, repeatedly, it was funny at first. Restarted, same thing, different teammate. Restarted: this time all three came forward and got into the elevator but with me standing right there Dunn kept yelling at me to get over there. Had to restart the whole level.

Man I don't want to die to that song.

1) Singleplayer

2) mid-game

3) Near the end of Baku, when moving to the factory elevator. DO NOT enter the factory without clearing enemies first and hearing Dunn say to move.

1) Multiplayer

2) Loading screen

3) Dawnbreaker on conquest (again)

4) I was searching for a game on Flood Zone (which is the map before Dawnbreaker on the server rotation), but when I joined, the match was already over and the loading screen had quickly begun for Dawnbreaker. My Xbox froze within seconds. Play this map at your own risk!

The best they can do is remove the maps.

I assume you mean remove the maps from the server rotation until they're fixed? That should indeed be done.

Regarding servers, I would like to see servers running one map too. I don't want to quit out after a round ends to find my favourite map again, but go from an amazing team that plays their class to a team with the mentality of a CoD lone wolf. Also, it would be good for those who want to grind unlocks on certain maps / game modes, such as Operation Locker.

Hopefully they will give us rent a server soon..

Edited by Le Vampyr †™

1. Multiplayer

2. Loading screen

3. Golmud Railway on Obliteration

4. It actually didn't even get to the loading screen, it was just a black screen. Had to reboot the 360 and came back to a corrupt save (haven't touched the single player, so it only affected my option settings and apparently a few of my selected loadouts). Seems I only get corrupt saves at black screens.

Didn't even make it that far... froze on the press start screen...

Loading screen

N/A

At the begining Press Start screen...

Slim, 4 months.

I'm starting to think this game is the iceberg that sunk the Titanic at this point....