Subject 16 In the trailer

Towards the end of the Gamescon trailer, there is a flash image of someone who looked like Desmond but not quite. His face looked a little different and he had a beard. This could be Subject 16 (The one who went crazy in AC1) Because the achievement in ACB for solving all his glyphs was .. .- -- .- .-.. .. ...- . Which spells out I AM ALIVE. It will be interesting how he managed to escape AFTER he used gallons of his blood to write all that stuff on the wall. Or perhaps he never escaped Abstergo and is still in there like Desmond was...

I´m not sure that´s Subject 16, it´s just Desmond.

The graphics have been improved and Desmond face has as well, this time to maximize the visual differences between mature Ezzio, middle age Altair and most young of all Desmond.

He´s got more beard because of coma thing I presume, so as a little longer hair if you compare with an image of him in previous games. Besides, that guy is dress just like Desmond.

I will really love to see actual appearance of Subject 16, but something tell me that´s not going to happen. Hope I´m wrong.

But most definitely that guy in trailer is Desmond.

But most definitely that guy in trailer is Desmond.

I agree, if 16 is in the game I don't think they would show him in the trailer. That would be too big of a spoiler for some people. Besides, my money is on Desmond finding the location of 16 in the ac:3 in the animus and the story for it is him searching for him by off-ing a bunch of Abstergo agents.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what the status of subject 16 is, i was under the impression he was dead and it was just his memories/recordings that were left behind in the animus?

That´s right. He´s dead.

The draws you see at the end of credits in AC1 were his blood. He died on Abstergo after been messing around like Ezzio and leaving his memories/recordings there. Not sure if he will continue being implicated on the story once we start to use other character than Ezzio. So, you´re right on everything.