K/D Ratio Discussion

Is K/D an important stat in Battlefield: Bad Company 2?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Is K/D an important stat in Battlefield: Bad Company 2?

K/D doesn't matter so much in this game but I think it indicates a level of personal skill, the W/L ratio is another indicator but that can be skewed by ending up in a poor team.

But they're not meaningless, I mean if you compare my stats to our friend h3liumX it doesn't take a genius to work out who is the better player. I like to think I play my chosen class as best I can, I hope I'm a good team player if a below average skilled player.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bad company 2 is all about the teamwork, and getting objectives, kd doesnt mean anything

True yep. For me it's not about me or my "personal" stats, it's about winning as a squad/team. If we win that round regardless of our personal K/d and Ppm we excelled. Then it's on to the next round, I dont care about what happened in the past.

In our squad one guy camped the crate on D, he didnt die, and only had 3 kills. But no one touched the crate. I think he is just as "skilled" as the other guys on our squad who had better stats and killed more guys. Another guy had no kills and a few deaths but provided ammo and smoke to help defend both crates on Isla I, they never took a single crate. He too was just as skilled as the rest of us doing the killing and disarming. We wouldn't have won without them.

This game is really well balanced and rewards those gamers that play their roles in a squad for the good of the team. Stats mean nothing. I've heard some gamers say only gamers that suck think stats dont matter, cool then we suck, but we also win.

I've noticed the people saying K/D doesn't matter have mediocre to poor K/D ratios. Coincidence? It's obvious that if you have a shitty K/D ratio, you're going to belittle the stat because you will do whatever it takes to keep your ego where it's at, which is in the clouds. I'll explain the importance of the general stats. I'd say I've played enough (70+ hours on this game & alot more on all other BF games on 360) to know what I'm talking about.

Points Per Minute: This stat is probably the most useless of them all. This does not represent overall performance in a match. You could contribute nothing to your team in terms of objective to winning, and still have a very high PPM. You can simply throw a bunch of first aid kits and ammo boxes near the snipers on your team or in a little group, and your points will skyrocket. I experimented with this while joining a match where it was a few minutes from being over, and I got about 2000 points within that short timespan by just throwing first aid packs and reviving my teammates only to be killed again and again, yielding me a shitload of points to say the least. I got player of the game as far as points went, but did I really contribute to my team? Nope, I didn't. I whored the points system, just like many of you who brag about your PPM stat.

Skill Level: Overall, a decent stat in terms of its purpose, to express a player's overall skill. It seems highly accurate for the most part. I look at my friends leaderboard to see where I match against those on my friends list, and I see the leaderboard stack up correctly with those that I've played with. Mine, is of course at 200 and usually I'm in the top 30 overall on the skill level leaderboard.

Wins/Loss: Once again, a useless stat. It doesn't matter how good you are as a single player, if your team sucks, you're not going to win. Most people in this game run out in the open like idiots and get picked off. With team mates like these, it's extremely difficult to win a game. The team that usually wins is the one that has the most cooperating squads. This game takes communication and cooperation and when one team outdoes the other in that element, that team will dominate, especially in conquest.

K/D: Look at it this way, in all 3 game modes, what really wins games? Killing your opponent enough times until either the counter goes to 0 or your squad reaches 50 kills. When you get a kill, you're contributing directly to the objective whereas if you get killed, you're contributing to the other team winning. If someone goes 25-2, they have done more than their job as a teammate because they did real damage to the other team's counter while doing little to cripple your team's counter. I someone goes 12-30, they have really screwed their team because they've cost the team 30 points on the counter while only yielding 12 against the other team. It takes someone great to make up for that moron and that's usually not present in a game. This game is about killing the opponent and not to get killed in the end just like every other shooter.

Now, I'm not saying that K/D is the only important thing to worry about in a game. It's important to take over positions and destroy the M-COM stations, but if you aren't killing more enemies than those that kill you, you're being a burden to your team in the end.

I like maintain a good KD but some of my best game have been when i am frontline fighting. Just earlier i went 76:16, and if anyone saw my thread a while back where i went 35:0 then you'll know, that was with an assault kit too. KD only matters when you pay no attention to trying to improve it, if your general play style yeilds a good KD then you are a pretty 'efficient' (is a word i'll chose over 'good') player. If its not then it doesnt mean you aren't good, just means you may enjoy playing in a reckless was due to an urge to plant bombs ASAP.

Now that I think about it, most of the stats dont really mean anything, they prove little about your skill. I mean if you start out real shit, like most people, and your K/D is bad, and you start getting real good but have 3000 D and 2000 K, how long and how well will you have to play to see a 1.5 KD

Now that I think about it, most of the stats dont really mean anything, they prove little about your skill. I mean if you start out real shit, like most people, and your K/D is bad, and you start getting real good but have 3000 D and 2000 K, how long and how well will you have to play to see a 1.5 KD

So you're saying that if you do really shitty for a long time, then you get really good, that your KDR will be tougher to raise? Well no shit Mr. Sherlock, thanks for pointing that out.

If you do shitty for a long time, then that's your fault. You can get good at the beginning, if your a good player, that is. Like if you have played Battlefield: Bad Company 1 then you have more of a feel for this game.

Like I've said before, people who say "All stats dont mean anything", truly are horseshit at gameplay.

So you're saying that if you do really shitty for a long time, then you get really good, that your KDR will be tougher to raise? Well no shit Mr. Sherlock, thanks for pointing that out.

If you do shitty for a long time, then that's your fault. You can get good at the beginning, if your a good player, that is. Like if you have played Battlefield: Bad Company 1 then you have more of a feel for this game.

Like I've said before, people who say "All stats dont mean anything", truly are horseshit at gameplay.

haha, you can see my stats in my sig. How about you post your before you talk. Oh, and get real good at BC2 and then go back to the first one. Two completely different games, your skills don't transfer.

haha, you can see my stats in my sig. How about you post your before you talk. Oh, and get real good at BC2 and then go back to the first one. Two completely different games, your skills don't transfer.

I'll send you my gamertag in a message on xbox live; I'll say "Hey, it's McGoogles faggot!"

Battlefield: Bad Company 1 and 2 are different but have the same "taste" in gameplay. So don't get all pissed off because you suck at both of them.

Reply to this message once I send you a message on xbox live. Can't wait for your response, pal.

I'll send you my gamertag in a message on xbox live; I'll say "Hey, it's McGoogles faggot!"

Battlefield: Bad Company 1 and 2 are different but have the same "taste" in gameplay. So don't get all pissed off because you suck at both of them.

Reply to this message once I send you a message on xbox live. Can't wait for your response, pal.

Wow, someone needs a hug or for Dad to be around a bit more, or at all. Angry! Relax my angry young friend. Look up coping mechanisms buddy, you need some.

And no, stats don't matter. But I guess in your world that makes me a "crappy" player because a skilled player must care about his stats to be skilled right?

Wow, someone needs a hug or for Dad to be around a bit more, or at all. Angry! Relax my angry young friend. Look up coping mechanisms buddy, you need some.

And no, stats don't matter. But I guess in your world that makes me a "crappy" player because a skilled player must care about his stats to be skilled right?

Where do you come into all of this...?

Anyway, I would like for you to answer this question. A player with 23 kills and 4 deaths in a match, and a player with 4 kills and 13 deaths. Who do you think is better and who do you think contributed more to the game?

You see, this game is pretty much all about who dies more and who dies less. If your team keeps on dying, then it's most likely that you'll lose. Vice versa. I think every shooter game has the concept called kill or be killed. Now, you're saying that stats don't matter at all? I'd rather take a player who has a 2.5 KDR than a player with a 1.3 KDR.

K/D: Look at it this way, in all 3 game modes, what really wins games? Killing your opponent enough times until either the counter goes to 0 or your squad reaches 50 kills. When you get a kill, you're contributing directly to the objective whereas if you get killed, you're contributing to the other team winning. If someone goes 25-2, they have done more than their job as a teammate because they did real damage to the other team's counter while doing little to cripple your team's counter. If someone goes 12-30, they have really screwed their team because they've cost the team 30 points on the counter while only yielding 12 against the other team. It takes someone great to make up for that moron and that's usually not present in a game. This game is about killing the opponent and not to get killed in the end just like every other shooter.

Feel free to read post #55 for a more in depth explanation.

Edited by McGoogles

^^^ This is why battle field 2 sucks most of the time.

It's really getting hard playing these days unless you play with friends. BBC1 used to be about team work and objective taking, but not anymore. You got these K/D morons running around ruining a great concept.

I'll always take the 12-30 guy who takes crates

Willing to repair tanks/heles, though they get no kills

Willing to fight the other teams heavy vehicles and keep them from doing greater damage, though they may not even get the final shot

Willing to fly the black hawk and the Hind

Willing to spot in the UVA rather than get two kills and shot down

Players who spot, cover teammates backs, get squads into enemy bases and chases down enemies trying to flank or camp.

Alot times you die alot covering an guy RPGing the crate, or trying to keep people off of your tank, taking down the attack choppers with the AA tank.......................But You Also get wins though. That is BBC to me.:uzi:

Edited by Anji

i am of the argument that it depends what class you are, medics should be giving out health/reviving consentrating less on kills while assault will be dying more as they push the fight forward with recon sitting back.

So it all depends on your class really.

Anyway, I would like for you to answer this question. A player with 23 kills and 4 deaths in a match, and a player with 4 kills and 13 deaths. Who do you think is better and who do you think contributed more to the game?

You see, this game is pretty much all about who dies more and who dies less. If your team keeps on dying, then it's most likely that you'll lose. Vice versa. I think every shooter game has the concept called kill or be killed. Now, you're saying that stats don't matter at all? I'd rather take a player who has a 2.5 KDR than a player with a 1.3 KDR.

K/D: Look at it this way, in all 3 game modes, what really wins games? Killing your opponent enough times until either the counter goes to 0 or your squad reaches 50 kills. When you get a kill, you're contributing directly to the objective whereas if you get killed, you're contributing to the other team winning. If someone goes 25-2, they have done more than their job as a teammate because they did real damage to the other team's counter while doing little to cripple your team's counter. If someone goes 12-30, they have really screwed their team because they've cost the team 30 points on the counter while only yielding 12 against the other team. It takes someone great to make up for that moron and that's usually not present in a game. This game is about killing the opponent and not to get killed in the end just like every other shooter.

But what if the guy who had 4 kills and 13 deaths also got 30 resupplies or 50 revives or 40 repairs? There's more to this game than hiding in a bush sniping people!

Your quoted post was way to emotional and angry.

Ever watch football? How many TD's does the center or Right Tackle get? None. No TD's, no glory. Take those guys out, now how many TD's is the QB going to get? None.

This is a team game, period. Each player has a role, sometimes you get many kills, other times you dont, but you did your job if the team wins. That's a being a skilled player for me, not needing to get kills to prove something to themselves but just doing their part to win. I'll take a guy who plays his role and helps defend or attack but still dies over the glory hound who only cares about the kills. The skilled role player has no problem watching his area or helping out as needed without feeling the need to leave to go where the action is and "get some kills".